Gmat 710 (q49, V37)

I had my GMAT on 10th Sep. Scored 710 (Q49, V37). Had booked my date 2 months back and started prep then. Will post my profile & a detailed analysis of my GMAT journey later. I actually thought the verbal paper was easy…hence did it w…

I had my GMAT on 10th Sep. Scored 710 (Q49, V37).

Had booked my date 2 months back and started prep then. Will post my profile & a detailed analysis of my GMAT journey later.

I actually thought the verbal paper was easy...hence did it with 15 minutes to spare, but I could manage only 37.

5 Uni's my scores will go to:

Tuck
Fuqua
Cornell
Tepper
ISB

Please advise if I should dare apply to a college in the top 5.

Congrats catapult on the good score :thumbsup:

ATB with the apps

And some debrief? 😉

Had booked my date 2 months back and started prep then. Will post my profile & a detailed analysis of my GMAT journey later.

I actually thought the verbal paper was easy...hence did it with 15 minutes to spare, but I could manage only 37.

Tuck
Fuqua
Cornell
Tepper
ISB

Catapult, if someone here tells you that you shouldn't apply what will you do then? You have a good score, don't know your profile, if you really want to give couple of schools a shot just do so! What is the worst that can happen!! I certainly am!

Well, I'm a good old CAT veteran - So, giving the GMAT was bit easy for me. I decided to apply for ISB 1st round so booked my date on July 4th and gave the exam on Sep 10th.
After booking the date, realised that a rushed-up application would do no good, so decided to apply to ISB in the 2nd round. I hope I have a decent chance.

Here's my profile:

B.Tech, IIT Roorkee (6.76 GPA)
Will have 3 years Work-Ex by June 2008 from a Consulting firm (Bangalore)
Have a 3 months Onsite experience.. May add 2 more months to that
Can get good recos from my Project Manager & Product Manager from the Client's side. Actually can manage a reco from the end client manager too

Preperation:

The 1st day of my prep was the Mock GMAT from the GMAC council (The CD that they send). Got a 680. Friends made me believe that I can improve that by atleast 60-70 points.
-Started with Kaplan, Princeton (My roomie's books, didn't even bother to buy).
-Did couple of GMAC paper tests (Got the PDFs from some source).
-Bought OG with 20 days to go.
-Finished all the verbal questions in OG.
-Hardly did 50 questions in the Quant section.
-2 full length tests from Kaplan
-Came to scorechase D-Day - 15 days and took material for Verbal (RC). Spidey's notes was really helpful
-1 day to go, gave the 2nd of the GMAT CD tests and got 710

D-Day:
-Brushed spidey's notes again
-Finished formalties in the center and geared up
-Essays were slightly difficult. Satisfied with 1 but not the other.
-Quant: I thought it was difficult, may DS questions and couple of probability. Last one was kinda tough. Done with the section with 9 mins to spare
-Took the break. Water. Air.
-Verbal: Was quite easy than I expected. Was going at a decent speed. 40 of 41. 18 mins left.
-Took 5 mins for the last 2 questions. Knew I was right, but just wanted to sit longer.
-Clicked finish with 13 mins to go.
-Eagerly skipped the blah section

Got a 710. I was expecting slightly higher but neverthless, am satisfied.

Colleges my scores will go to:

-Tuck
-Fuqua
-Cornell
-Tepper
-ISB

Thanks for the support guys.

Tuck
Fuqua
Cornell
Tepper
ISB

Hi Catapult,Congrats for your success.Wish u luck...so tht u can get admission in the college you want.
I request you to please suggest me few things which I am mentioning below.1. I am 26 yrs this month. 5 yrs experienced. Working as MarCom Manager. Do you think its too late to give GMAT ??2. I have never prepared for GMAT or CAT. I will start preparing now. So when do you think I should give GMAT? 3. I am working full time....is 1 or 2 hrs everyday and 3-4 hrs on weekend enough?4. I have no clue what is kaplan, GMATPrep and PowerPrep, are they books or online CDs or some institue?Just am confused on how to start the preparations. Just dont understand how and where to start!!I have rather logged in pagal guy today only....to ask u all this!!! ha haRegardsNeha

Hey...I think you replied to me but I couldnt open the msg. I have joined today itself. Can u plzzzzzzzz mail your suggessions to me at .

Thaaaaanks

congrats man !!!

i know a CAT veteran feels after taking the GMAT ;)

ATB !!!

Congrats man! Nice score! :)
Keep it up! :thumbsup:

Besties for the apping season!

Congrats dude...jus saw this link...wrote da exam yest n got a dittoo score...even da sections...so jus wanted to wish u al da best

Hi,

I am looking for GMAT counselling centers, who can help me with the essays and sop's, in Bangalore.

If any one of you have attended, and found it useful, then please letme know.

Thanks,
bhanupra at gmail

Congratulations on your GMAT score!