Gmat 690 (q:48,v:36)

Hi Guys, I am new here. This seems to be the right place to clear my doubts. I am a IT guy, with 4.5yrs experience. I scored 690 in GMAT. I wanna know is this score good for top schools for a guy of my profile. I have been pretty good at schoo…

Hi Guys,
I am new here. This seems to be the right place to clear my doubts. I am a IT guy, with 4.5yrs experience. I scored 690 in GMAT. I wanna know is this score good for top schools for a guy of my profile.
I have been pretty good at school, college and job in terms of academics, sports, and other co-curricular activities.

Any advice on this matter is most welcome.

Thanks

Well well, some say that 700+ is the psychological barrier but I do not believe this. 690 is a great score and all you have to do now is prove to the BSchools that you are worth a mba program by mentioning about your abilities and capabilities in your essays. Most of the International Schools have their average GMAT score around 700. But frankly speaking 690 or 700 is just the same. I have friends who have got admits to the best of the Bschools even with a lesser GMAT score than yours and there are others who have been denied admissions even though they had very high scores.
The question that might strike your mind is 'Should I take the GMAT again?'. This is my say, If you are absolutely certain that you can score above 720-740 then its fine for you to take it again, but if you score around 700 or even worse less than 690 then its not worth it. Less than 690 would lead you trouble because then you have to answer to the B Schools why you chose to write GMAT again and why the low score
What I would suggest you to do now is to concentrate on your essays and prepare them well so that you can convince them that you are serious in your decision and also mention to them about your extra curricular activities.

all the best
Barun