GMAT 690, please suggest

Hi, This is first time i am posting on pagalguy. PG has been a great help for me till now. But now my query is very specific. I have got 690(Q50, V 32) in GMAT. My profile is: BTech(IT), 3yrs work ex( 1 yr with a CA firm, 2yrs at a leading s/w …

Hi,
This is first time i am posting on pagalguy. PG has been a great help for me till now. But now my query is very specific. I have got 690(Q50, V 32) in GMAT. My profile is: BTech(IT), 3yrs work ex( 1 yr with a CA firm, 2yrs at a leading s/w company in india), good extra curriculars, got an article published in company's newsletter, descent community involvement.

Looking at my brief profile please suggest which are the most probable schools for me to get in. Presently i am targetting:

1. ISB
2. Ohio state university (fisher)
3. Purdue univ
4. Minnesota twin city
5. Rice univ ( i consider it as the safest)
6. Arizona state univ(carey)
7. MBS (Australia)
8. NUS (singapore)
9. Said B school (oxford univ)

Keeping in view my low percentile in verbal i am considering to retake the GMAT in sep. In the mean time i want to start with my application procedure, please help me. If you find some better school suitable to my profile please suggest.

Other important concern is my retaking of GMAT. Almost every univ mentions that it consider only the highest GMAT score in case of multiple GMATs. If i get lower than 690 would it affect my profile adversely. Your suggestions matter a lot to me.

Thanks
Nitin

Hi,
This is first time i am posting on pagalguy. PG has been a great help for me till now. But now my query is very specific. I have got 690(Q50, V 32) in GMAT. My profile is: BTech(IT), 3yrs work ex( 1 yr with a CA firm, 2yrs at a leading s/w company in india), good extra curriculars, got an article published in company's newsletter, descent community involvement.

Looking at my brief profile please suggest which are the most probable schools for me to get in. Presently i am targetting:

1. ISB
2. Ohio state university (fisher)
3. Purdue univ
4. Minnesota twin city
5. Rice univ ( i consider it as the safest)
6. Arizona state univ(carey)
7. MBS (Australia)
8. NUS (singapore)
9. Said B school (oxford univ)

Keeping in view my low percentile in verbal i am considering to retake the GMAT in sep. In the mean time i want to start with my application procedure, please help me. If you find some better school suitable to my profile please suggest.

Other important concern is my retaking of GMAT. Almost every univ mentions that it consider only the highest GMAT score in case of multiple GMATs. If i get lower than 690 would it affect my profile adversely. Your suggestions matter a lot to me.

Thanks
Nitin

Please help frnds!!!!
nitin_gmat Says
Please help frnds!!!!

Suggesting the right schools will depend on career goals - what you want to do, in which industry and where you want to work. Merely listing a set of schools won't give us (or you) a clue about where you should apply.

Getting a lower GMAT score won't affect your profile as schools generally consider the highest score attained when the test is attempted more than once. Getting a higher score might help.
Suggesting the right schools will depend on career goals - what you want to do, in which industry and where you want to work. Merely listing a set of schools won't give us (or you) a clue about where you should apply.

Getting a lower GMAT score won't affect your profile as schools generally consider the highest score attained when the test is attempted more than once. Getting a higher score might help.

As far as my interest is concerned i am very much interested in consulting, general management and management information system. Anyone among these will work for me.