Gmat 630 (48q-28v)

Hi all, I gave my GMAT and got a lowly score of 630. I don’t know what to make out of it. First of all, I need to know is that how bad is this score. The verbal score is really lousy. Actually, while giving math section, I was getting a …

Hi all,

I gave my GMAT and got a lowly score of 630. I don't know what to make out of it. First of all, I need to know is that how bad is this score.

The verbal score is really lousy. Actually, while giving math section, I was getting a lot of easy questions. Hence, I thought I am not doing very well in Math. That was playing at the back of my mind while giving verbal. (Still, 48 means how many could I have got wrong?)

I am definitely going to make an another attempt. But I have no clue as to how to improve my score the next time. I solved the OG11 and Kaplan examples with quite a good accuracy. I didn't give any practice test at a stretch, but I don't know whether that could have mattered.

Any advice on my next attempt? I am planning to give it as early as possible because, I felt that today itself, I was very well prepared for the exam.

Thanks,

Regards
ilano

Hi Ilano,

to be frank 630 is not all that good. Do attempt the exam again. OG and kaplan is not at allo by any means sufficient. One has to do the 1000 series to get aquainted with the question types. It is a "must-do". Go thru the gmat sets. U can find that on yahoogroups. There are 31 sets and those are supposed to be old gmat qns.

While taking the test, sit for 2.5 hrs and take it. That does matter. take atleast 5+ tests. In the final exam ur mindset wud not be one where u can easily sit for 4 hrs at a stretch. It wud be very difficult. Hence u wudnt want to try that out the first time in ur main exam. So practise it however difficult u may feel.

Check out my exp in the gmat pune thread page 16. I have posted my detailed experience and also my actual test experience.

Ill advise u one thing. Go to scoretop forum. Go thru the test experience forum inside. Go thru the experiences of ppl who scored a 700+. It;'ll give u a tremendous confidence boost. DO TRY THAT !!!

Best of luck for ur next try. Change ur strategy and i am sure ull come out with flying colours.

Is the score only criteria in foreign mba?
i heard it is not. So, my question what would it take to succeed with scores in the range of 600 - 700?

Hi Ilano,

to be frank 630 is not all that good. Do attempt the exam again. OG and kaplan is not at allo by any means sufficient. One has to do the 1000 series to get aquainted with the question types. It is a "must-do". Go thru the gmat sets. U can find that on yahoogroups. There are 31 sets and those are supposed to be old gmat qns.

While taking the test, sit for 2.5 hrs and take it. That does matter. take atleast 5+ tests. In the final exam ur mindset wud not be one where u can easily sit for 4 hrs at a stretch. It wud be very difficult. Hence u wudnt want to try that out the first time in ur main exam. So practise it however difficult u may feel.

Check out my exp in the gmat pune thread page 16. I have posted my detailed experience and also my actual test experience.

Ill advise u one thing. Go to scoretop forum. Go thru the test experience forum inside. Go thru the experiences of ppl who scored a 700+. It;'ll give u a tremendous confidence boost. DO TRY THAT !!!

Best of luck for ur next try. Change ur strategy and i am sure ull come out with flying colours.

Thanks for the advice mate...!