GMAT 620 ( q46 v 30)

hi junta well there are many of those valuble experience out here on the forum about how people scored 700+. i want u people to know my experience of how could had managed high score or way to score high score, my experience is all about how did…

hi junta
well there are many of those valuble experience out here on the forum about how people scored 700+. i want u people to know my experience of how could had managed high score or way to score high score, my experience is all about how did i score less than expected. i want you frns to see my experience of my failure and no one repeats it.
as earlier said, too many plans and no action.
i will list why did i score less
1. first extreem confidence, extreem as in over confidence and confidence below required level. it was quants in which i had confidence buy it was untill the actual gmat score, i did not recognise i was overconfident. and verbal in which i was very poor on confidenc
2. i was too harsh on myself. restricted my life and restricted myself from doing any thing or living the normal life, left my first job, avoided contacts and many more.
3. did not take up sufficent practice tests. well i should had taken a few more tests. i really got confused on the actual day of test. i commited a few blunders even.
well people are guessing what did i score, well my score is 620 ( q46 v 30) my actual quant score duric few practices were 49-50.
in nutshell my level of confidence, my attitude and mysef being harsh on myself was the cause of my low scores.
i have recovered from this shock but not completely. it just took me few mugs of beer and a day.
hope my expereice might be of some help for any one.
HARDLEARNER LEARNS FROM HIS/HER MISTAKE BUT A SMART LEARNER LEARNS FROM OTHERS MISTAKES
GAURAV

hmm...all studies and no play makes gaurav a dull boy... i dont mean it literally tho... ;)
i make sure i get my daily dose of online gaming everyday!

cheers!
Satish

Well, gonuhere, seems like I've read you're post a little too late. I only hope 13 days is enough for me to make up for my foolishness.
Thanks anyway... and I wish you success in whatever you plan on taking up next.

-HH

sorry to hear your score buddy.

would you describe whats ''being harsh with yourself'' ?

hey you can give it again. cheer up. good thing is that you have learned your mistakes. and maybe you just had bad luck with your initial questions. who knows you may be very lucky next time.

get tough man.

PS: send me jitters when i see my preperation

Dont fret man .... bounce back in and give it another shot.

All the best!

Well that's the difference between CAT & GMAT.
CAT - The wait after one poor shot is too much.. (1 complete year! 😞 )
GMAT - You can take it anytime...

GO ahead buddy give it one more shot.. Since you have identified your mistakes now I am sure you will come out with nice colors this time!

All the BEST! :thumbsup:

Thanks!
Pratibmib@pagal

Dont get me wrong but I would be hosting a party if I scored 620!!! :satisfie:

I want to just give a example of two of my friends

Mr X
GMAT 1st attempt -> 640
GMAT 2nd attempt -> 710

Mr Y
GMAT 1st attempt -> 660
GMAT 2nd attempt -> 720

Both of my buddies gave there 2nd GMAT nearly a month after there initial attempt and studied\practiced for just a week before first attempt. Sometime a person is just too tense or simply has a bad day.

If you are consistently getting low marks in practice tests then, you may need more preparation or change in method of study, but if it is a one-off instance, just sweep it aside.

Try and try till you can try no more, then go and try some more.

well harsh as i resticted myself with other works, just book home and nothing

sorry to hear your score buddy.

would you describe whats ''being harsh with yourself'' ?

well harsh as i resticted myself with other works, just book home and nothing
Peruvianguru Says
Dont get me wrong but I would be hosting a party if I scored 620!!! :satisfie:

well friend i wold had too hosted a party f i had a good work exp backing me, and with workexp of 3 months and 62 will get u no where
gonuhere Says
well friend i wold had too hosted a party f i had a good work exp backing me, and with workexp of 3 months and 62 will get u no where

well dude honestly ... even a score of 750 with 3 month work ex wont get u newhere !!! ...

y r u in such a hurry ...... work ex as imp as the gmat score if not more fr instis outside ...... its an integral part of ur whole application ......

my suggestion wud be to work for the next 12 - 15 months and in the mean time relax and take GMAT again ...... if u r really interested in uni. abroad tht is ...... fr instis like Great Lakes etc. i m not sure hw much work ex , if at all , is preferred ..........
well dude honestly ... even a score of 750 with 3 month work ex wont get u newhere !!! ...

y r u in such a hurry ...... work ex as imp as the gmat score if not more fr instis outside ...... its an integral part of ur whole application ......

my suggestion wud be to work for the next 12 - 15 months and in the mean time relax and take GMAT again ...... if u r really interested in uni. abroad tht is ...... fr instis like Great Lakes etc. i m not sure hw much work ex , if at all , is preferred ..........

hey dude i am not plannig for any forein uni. well to let u know the fact i am a foreigner here in india, i am from nepal and planning to apply in foreign quota here in india for which i need a score of 720 and work exp will make not much diff with 720

and dude i really appreciate ur suggestions. and yes if i was looking forsome thing abroad, i would had rather worked for good amount of time. but u know all those family wala pressures and all