Gmat 590

Hi folks, I started preparing for GMAT in Apr’11. Just finished my GMAT today and managed to score 590 Q-46, V-26. Attempted both the sections completely though had to rush through the last 5 questions in Verbal. I was able to score …

Hi folks,

I started preparing for GMAT in Apr'11.
Just finished my GMAT today and managed to score 590 Q-46, V-26.
Attempted both the sections completely though had to rush through the last 5 questions in Verbal.

I was able to score in Mock GMATs between the range of 630-690 Q-45-49 and V-33-37.

Tried the free GMATs available at the following sites,
1- Manhattan.com
2- Knewton.com
3- 800score.com
4- GMATPrep
5- platinumgmat.com
6- catprep.com

I am not able to understand what exactly went wrong in the test today, especially in the verbal section.

Please advise.

Thanks

Hi folks,

I started preparing for GMAT in Apr'11.
Just finished my GMAT today and managed to score 590 Q-46, V-26.
Attempted both the sections completely though had to rush through the last 5 questions in Verbal.

I was able to score in Mock GMATs between the range of 630-690 Q-45-49 and V-33-37.

Tried the free GMATs available at the following sites,
1- Manhattan.com
2- Knewton.com
3- 800score.com
4- GMATPrep
5- platinumgmat.com
6- catprep.com

I am not able to understand what exactly went wrong in the test today, especially in the verbal section.

Please advise.

Thanks

Don't wrry.....try next attempt in September 11.

thanks..
But, wud appreciate any pointers to work with..

thanks..
But, wud appreciate any pointers to work with..

It has to be "any pointers to work on"

Can you post your mock scores date wise esp. the GMAT prep and MGMAT scores ? That should help in deducting some pointers.. Moreover, do post the material you referred to and give a brief on your study pattern and timings

Cheers!

May be I am not an expert , But I have been in a similar situation. I scored 580 when I last attempted GMAT. Its been two years since then and I am planning to appear again in this October.
What I had done differently this time is as follows:

1. Booked a date 3 months later when I actually started preparing(which means I got myself enough time to make sure that any damage is recoverable)

2. Referred the following books:
OG 12
Strategic Guides for SC, CR, RC and All Maths Books from Manhattan.
Kept practicing questions on Pagalguy forums for SC and CR mostly as I was a little worried about these two section(courtsey my last GMAT attempt, I scored a 44Q, 23V then)

As I see that you have got a low score in Verbal, I would suggest you to go through the Strategy guides for SC, RC and CR. They are all really good.

I just took my GMAT prep test 1 today and scored a 670 (Q44,V38 ).

Hope this will help you in some or the other way.

Thanks
Abhi