GMAT 2014 PUNE : coaching classes, study groups etc

Hi, I am a s/w engg. and I live in Pune.I urgently need to start prep for GMAT. If any one can share any info about coaching classes in Pune and their tall claims, please share your valuable tips with us. Also if anyone intereste…

Hi,

I am a s/w engg. and I live in Pune.I urgently need to start prep for GMAT.

If any one can share any info about coaching classes in Pune and their tall claims, please share your valuable tips with us.

Also if anyone interested in forming a study group, here is one platform.

I did some research and I came to know about 2 classes:

1. Jamboree(kothrud): My friend attended Jamboree in Delhi and had good experience. so I went to enquire, place is very small. So only few students in a class. The only bummer was the attendant who was, well, quite tall claims which were suspicious. He was makin quite some unbelievable success stories which were difficult to digest. He said that in last years classroom batch, 80% scored above 700!!! But I guess people do make these claims now a days everywhere

2. Dilip Oaks: Very famous here. But the class strength is 70-80 or even more . Too much na? I think GMAT requires personal attention. Any alumni?

Others can please share their advice and experiences.

Thanks.

I am thinking of starting my prep by home study for 1-2 weeks with following resources:

1. OG, 13th version.
2. Manhattan books for verbal.
3. just brushing with formulas and concepts for maths(me from engg. background. so not much struggle req here.)
I will then give a mock test
Should I require anything more in this stage?
Also any books and online books' links may be shared in reply to this answer. Thanks.

hi everyone. Today I met two guys for a group study session and following were the key points of meeting:

1. Scroll through basic structure of GMAT and all the question types from OG. this will be practiced for coming two weeks after which a mock test willl be taken by each one of us. Based on the results, weak points will be identified and future strategies will be made.
2. Books to be referred by us were finalised as of now. OG is a must. Kaplan for quants and Manhattan for verbal.
We would encourage if more aspirants are interested in joining the study group.

I am considering Jamboree / The Princeton Review for GMAT Coaching. Does anyone have any experience with either?

I am planning to start gmat preparation. Can someone help me by guiding regarding books to start preparation.?

Plan to Give GMAT till JULY 14.
Need help with Coachin Classes...
Also need to form Study Groups...lookround

Can anyone (maybe past students or someone who has joined) provide a feedback on Jamboree Pune centre....as to how is class w.r.t faculty, material provided, doubt clearing etc....

Your feedback would indeed help....rolleyesrolleyesrolleyes

TIA.... 😃😃😃

@ssw

Can anyone (maybe past students or someone who has joined) provide a feedback on Jamboree Pune centre....as to how is class w.r.t faculty, material provided, doubt clearing etc....Your feedback would indeed help....TIA....

Hi....yes I joined jamboree in January and the classes are over (yet to give gmat) ...but I can tell you that the instructor over there is just amazing. Regarding material I think there question bank it pretty good which contains some of the best questions from different sources (mainly 700-800 level). So If you are okay with you basics (can solve 600 level questions easily) then you will be fine, on the other hand if not I will suggest you to revise concepts from some basic books before joining jamboree or join some other coaching. I hope this will help you 😃

Hello GMAT Aspirants,

My name is Aneesh, and I'm a IIT Madras Alumnus. I've been helping people for GMAT over the past 3 years and must've helped over 250 GMAT students till date. (I handle the QA section only).

I am also heavily active on BeatTheGMAT with around 400 posts and 25 followers and have a youtube channel for GMAT called GMATPad.

Although I've taught a variety of students, I am currently looking to teach a batch of students who are at a score of atleast 36 currently in the Quant Section, and want to take your score to 45+ or even 50-51.

There will be three students in one batch. The course would be spread across two to three months and would be of around 50 hours.The classes will be held in Pune at Koregaon Park.

The course is very dynamic and suited to the needs of the students. For example, we can spend more time on the topics that you're weaker at. We could first start with the very basics of one topic where you need more help and just do the tough questions of a topic you are more comfortable with.

Without exception, each of my students have enjoyed studying with me and their score has improved.

You can call me at 9764205878

More when you call.

Regards and Best wishes,

Aneesh Bangia

Pune People, who's in for group studies for weekend.

Wakad is the place where i live.

Hi

Anyone  preparing for GMAT 2014 from jamboree nfc Delhi

Any one joined Jamboree online prep course ? Any reviews on same.

I am planing to go for gmat in November'14 with jamboree online course. any one planing for test in same time frame ?

Why don't you try out T.I.M.E. Pune? They have good material and good faculty. You can attend a demo class and decide. 

Anyone preparing for GMAT as of now and planing to appear in 2 months from pune ?

Hello GMAT Aspirants,

My name is Aneesh, and I'm a IIT Madras Alumnus. I've been helping people for GMAT over the past 3 years and must've helped over 250 GMAT students till date. (I handle the QA section only).

I am also heavily active on BeatTheGMAT with around 400 posts and 25 followers and have a youtube channel for GMAT called GMATPad. I've also tutored at institutes such as Jamboree, Kaplan, TIME, etc.

I am offering tutoring (one-on-one or in small batches) to anybody who wants help in increasing their QA section score or to start their prep for the QA section of the GMAT.

The course is very dynamic and suited to the needs of the students. For example, if you would like to boost your QA score, then we can spend more time on the topics that you're weaker at. We could first start with the very basics of one topic where you need more help and just do the tough questions of a topic you are more comfortable with.

In all cases, I start by assessing the current level of the student in different topics of Quant. I also help in structuring your preparation for this exam.

Without exception, each of my students have enjoyed studying with me and their score has improved.

You can call me at 9764205878

More when you call.

Regards and Best wishes,

Aneesh Bangia

Hi guys.

I want to book a date for GMAT. Im not sure whether to book the Pune test centre as while searching online, I found a variety of complaints raised against it . Im writing some of them here:

1 Midway in the exam, power went off and there was a 1 hour delay!

2 Mouse got stuck in the end minutes and 2-3 questions could not be attempted. The mgmt did not help in any way.

3 Centre is not soundproof, one guy told me that while giving the exam, there was noise of bollywood songs being played on the streets.

Can anyone advice me the future course of action as I dont want to take any risks on the test day.

Will a Mumbai centre be more apt here which is tried and tested by many? 

Hi all. I am looking for Aristotle Prep Sentence Correction Grail 3rd edition soft copy. Kindly PM me if anyone has it. It would be really helpful.

I am an MBA aspirant , seeking a coaching institute. Would somebody help me with some information about classes?

www.exoticyoghurt.co.in  

Hey I am interested please ping me or get back to me on 09036826796