Hi everyone, To begin with. congrats to all those who have gotten admit into GLIM-2007-08. I have gotten a reject. Although dejected, I guess Life moves on. But I have my doubts abt the admission process. 1) What is the percentage …
To begin with. congrats to all those who have gotten admit into GLIM-2007-08.
I have gotten a reject. Although dejected, I guess Life moves on. But I have my doubts abt the admission process.
1) What is the percentage of applicants who have come via 'powerful' recommendations ? Is it more than 50-60% ? Is it mandatory that we need 'powerful' recommendations to get an admit in glim ?? - I really mean this point.
2) I also heard that GLIM conducted an interview on the 10th of March. Is it true ???
3) Are acads given any value at all ??? For top ranked candidates like the one who got 98 percentile in CAT has gotten a reject. Although he had gotten thro' XLRI. Surely, he cudnt have been that bad. Even the work ex factor seems to have been discounted.
4) As far I know, glim was more popular in chennai than any other state/city. But looking at the final composition, I felt chennai students have been sidelined . Any specific reason ? Does it mean that the chennai students have been sidelined to promote glim in the north and eastern parts of india ??
5) Is the admission process conducted entirely by the students ? aren't there any profs to guide them ??
6) Does glim offer any feedback on the rejected applications for want of more applications. And finish the admission process by Jan-Feb.
Please post here
Please don't start threads for individual queries.
Request mods to close this thread
well.. if u insist... but i wanted this mail to be the starting post in the thread.. so that everyone sees it...
Please take time to acquaint yourself with the way the forum works.
Your query will be answered in the relevant threads only 😃
done dude... moved the topic to the forum u requested.. guess that shud put some smile on ur face... 😛