GL Rejects/Waitlists 2013 : Future Prospects

It must not feel very pleasant if you’re here. But let’s try focusing on the future prospects and discuss things that we may not be able to discuss on the actual thread.Let’s vent out our frustration in a manner that it turns out to be a learnin…

It must not feel very pleasant if you're here. But let's try focusing on the future prospects and discuss things that we may not be able to discuss on the actual thread.

Let's vent out our frustration in a manner that it turns out to be a learning experience for all us.

Not in @ 95.7 dude...had a decent gd/pi too...had made up my mind of leaving IT but again have to jump again in the same ditch....

What the hell are they expecting other than a decnt score, profile...

same here .. socha tha i will resign today .. was confident of making it thro ...

can u ppl share ur profiles?

mine
cat 95.2
x: 88.6 cbse
xii 77.83 cbse
btech - 8.18 (74.3%) wbut

work ex: infy 6 months training
material handling secotr - project engineering 2.5 yrs

XAT- 92
X- 73.2
XII- 80.8
BTECH from NIT
Work Ex Wipro 2.5 years ..

CAT : 95.7

X : 88.6 cbse

XII : 93.4 SB

B.E : 73

W Ex : 31 months in TCS IT

Was hoping 31 would be my final work ex...but I guess it wont be that way...31 and still counting...

doston is it worth to join TAPMI if we get into it .. ?? wat are your views? i feel thats the only hope i have for now

@lopamudra0303 : you have some other good calls, converted anything so far?
@dunker : 95 pe kuchh aur nahi bhara tha kya? Only GL?

2-3 calls i hv but wanted this bcz of 1 yr factor which is very imp.. ( read personal issues)

@jain.pratik86 said:
doston is it worth to join TAPMI if we get into it .. ?? wat are your views? i feel thats the only hope i have for now
Tapmi is a good option.
Worth depends on the fact that where you are at present and are you willing to give 2 years to Tapmi. College studies and environment is good.

@lopamudra0303 said:
2-3 calls i hv but wanted this bcz of 1 yr factor which is very imp.. ( read personal issues)
1 year factor was pretty strong for me as well.

Bas hum 4 log hi dukhi hai kya??

lets see if i make it .. pata chala usme bhi law lag gaye to phir ho gaya .... but seriously GLIM was best

@hramkhor : Have a couple of interviews lined up...IMI and XIMB...But was eagerly waiting for GLIM...it is jus 10 km drive from my home...Liked the 1 yr factor...But now its all no no...

Never mind...There shud be something waiting for each one of us...Lets hope we reach there...

hramkhor I am also on the same boat yaar.

CAT - 95.86
12th - 85
10th - 73
BE - 76
Work ex - 24 months in TCS

Had a very good PI with avg GD.. But still
@dunker: I can empathize with you man. But after talking to seniors I realized that the admission committee has to keep several factors in mind before extending the offers.Diversity,relevant work ex( both qualitative and quantitative)..so it will not be prudent to assume that a good score and a happy PI will secure a place.Actually the decisions are very relative. You are measured in terms of your competitors and measured on a relative scale. Hence there is no absolute. I hope u feel better knowing this
@dunker said:
Not in @ 95.7 dude...had a decent gd/pi too...had made up my mind of leaving IT but again have to jump again in the same ditch....What the hell are they expecting other than a decnt score, profile...
I think I will be soon sending them a mail asking them share the evaluation of my performance and tell me where I have not done well.
ISB provides candid feedback to candidates they reject so that they can improve themselves for other colleges.
@lopamudra0303 :- 1 year factor is the USP of this programme..but dont get disheartened there are a lot of tables that will be turning this week...keep your hopes alive