GISMA MBA - Class of 2013 (Aug 2012 Intake)

Hello, Any applicants for the GISMA MBA - Class of 2013, i.e. August 2012 intake to be conducted in Hannover, Germany here? I’d like to get in touch with those who have been admitted/awaiting result/planning to apply. I had applied at t…

Hello,

Any applicants for the GISMA MBA - Class of 2013, i.e. August 2012 intake to be conducted in Hannover, Germany here? I'd like to get in touch with those who have been admitted/awaiting result/planning to apply.

I had applied at the start of January and am done with the Skype interview. I am currently awaiting a formal acceptance decision from the Purdue Graduate School (expecting it any time in the next 7-8 days)

We could use this thread to discuss the course, applications (for those planning to apply), scholarships, total costs, accomodation, placements and any other thing related to the GISMA MBA.

Hi,
I am also awaiting my final confirmation from Purdue.

Hi Shekhar, good to see you here. Any updates from the Graduate school? I am expecting some communication from Purdue this week.

Have you received any thing from the Scholarship Committee? I am getting a 60% waiver on the tuition fees.

Anybody else joining GISMA this year (2012)? This thread has received absolutely no response 😞

Hey, I got the final acceptance from Purdue.
I am also getting 60% schol.
What's your profile?

Are you in touch with any of the alumni of GISMA?

Congratulations guys.. 60% scholarship is awesome...
What are your GMAT scores and Work Exp.?

Well, I'm in touch with an alum. from India. I would happy to share what I got to hear from him.

hello all,

I may aslo seek to join GISMA class of aug 2012. will like to catch up with people who have confirmed admits or are close to getting an admit.

thanks

aman

Hi Guys,

I am also planning to join GISMA in August 2012. Got my admit way back in January itself from Purdue. How are you people planning for accommodation?

Hey Guys,

Even I've submitted the initial deposit & confirmed my admission.

Continuing where vibsatwork left off, any thoughts on accommodation?
I was thinking about the Karl-Wiechert-Allee dorm.
Let me know your thoughts or if any of you have already booked something.

Cheers,
Amit

Hi All,

I see 4 folks from Pune here for GISMA 2012. Lets meet on the weekend face to face. Contact me at [email protected] or 91-9922017699.
For accommodation, I applied at Karl, but was told to contact them in June. Anyone else with any updates on this?
Also, How many done with the visa process?

Hello guys, good to see some response on the thread (and also sorry for not responding on time).

The problem is I am yet to receive an official acceptance from the Grad School (it's been almost a month now since I was supposed to receive the official communication from them).

To share some news, a very reliable alumnus tells me that GISMA is facing a lot of admissions and administrative issues this year and also has fewer no. of students admitted. This news has really got me thinking on whether to accept the offer (if and when I get it :P)

Continuing what vibsatwork asked, how many of you have initiated/done with the VISA process? Though I have not yet recd the offer, please keep involved in the accommodation process guys.

My contact num - +919850287286, Email - [email protected]
Would love to get in touch with you all :)

Thanks!

Congratulations guys.. 60% scholarship is awesome...
What are your GMAT scores and Work Exp.?

Well, I'm in touch with an alum. from India. I would happy to share what I got to hear from him.

Hi VIKX,

My GMAT score is 650 and I have a work ex of 2.5 yrs in IT.

Yes, would like to hear what that alum had to say - [email protected]
Hey, I got the final acceptance from Purdue.
I am also getting 60% schol.
What's your profile?

Are you in touch with any of the alumni of GISMA?

Congrats Shekhar!

What's your current status in the admission process? Have you accepted the offer?

Hi Guys,

On accommodation, I got in touch with Martin Gertz(mentioned in the document sent by Svenja). He send me a link to apply for accommodation & then asked me to get back in June for more updates. I've submitted the request for Karl-Wiechert-Allee.

On VISA processing, I sent the blocked bank account opening documents a few weeks back to Deutsche Bank. Still haven't heard from them.
Oksana(if i got her name right) got back today with an update that they are still processing my documents

Any one else with updates on their VISA processing?

As for the administrative issues, I've heard the same from a very reliable alumnus. But I've heard that corrective action has already been taken. Even I was a little skeptical. But then the teaching staff still remains the same & you still get both the degrees.

Cheers,
Amit

Hi All,

I see 4 folks from Pune here for GISMA 2012. Lets meet on the weekend face to face. Contact me at [email protected] or 91-9922017699.
For accommodation, I applied at Karl, but was told to contact them in June. Anyone else with any updates on this?
Also, How many done with the visa process?

Hi,

I'd like to meet you guys.
But I'm currently out of town & won't be back until 1st week of June.
Meanwhile, you can reach me at [email protected].

Cheers,
Amit

Hello all,

I am about to have my admit letter formlaity completed, want to check who all on this forum are joining the 2012 program and how are you guys looking for making up for stay?

Has anyone initiated Visa formalities too?

I am based in gurgaon, if anyone from delhi is looking to join aug 2012 class, lets catch-up sometime

cheers

aman

Hello guys,

What are your individual updates?

I submitted my Deutsche Bank blocked account opening docs last week and will hopefully receive a timely response from them.

Anybody started/done with their VISA process? I'd a few doubts regarding that -
1) Do we need to take a prior appointment for a student visa?
2) Do they ask for any docs in addition to the ones mentioned on the Consulate website? - German Missions in India - Student Visa

Also, please do share any thing else related to the formalities.

Hello all,

I am about to have my admit letter formlaity completed, want to check who all on this forum are joining the 2012 program and how are you guys looking for making up for stay?

Has anyone initiated Visa formalities too?

I am based in gurgaon, if anyone from delhi is looking to join aug 2012 class, lets catch-up sometime

cheers

aman

Hi Aman,

As mentioned in a couple of replies above in the thread, one of my friends and I have applied to Karl-Wiechert-Allee for accomodation. The concerned person there has asked us to get back to him in June. For know, you just need to submit the online application - Karl-Wiechert-Allee- Studentenwerk Hannover

Dear All.

I am Sudheer from Hyderabad, working currently in Chennai - Infy. I have 4 yrs experience.

I received offer of admission from GISMA with 30% scholarship.

So, I calculate that the total cost would come around 20 lakhs to study here.

Is it worth to spend so much and study here. Also, please throw some light on the job prospects post MBA.

Thanks,
Sudheer

Hi,

I have the final admit letter from purdue and would be pursuing the MBA program. Has anyone moved ahead in terms of financing the MBA and visa process?

My Booking of room in Karl-Wiechert-Allee 15 dormitory also to be closed soon.

Thanks and Warm Regards,

Aman