GISMA B-School @ Purdue University

Any Prospective Applicant/Admit/Alumnae for GISMA… Can you please provide some information on GISMA B-SChool and Germany as a whole, being an international student, what are the prospects of job placement post-mba (as considering Euro…

Any Prospective Applicant/Admit/Alumnae for GISMA........

Can you please provide some information on GISMA B-SChool and Germany as a whole, being an international student, what are the prospects of job placement post-mba (as considering Europe as a whole, the job market is a bit slim compared to US)

I have applied to a few US schools as well but keeping GISMA as a safe school. In case i take up GISMA, are there good chances of me getting a good internship/placement post-mba...I'm not much aware of the job scene in Germany.

Profile :
=====
GMAT : 670/5.0
TOEFL : 106
Exp: 3.5 yrs (IT-ERP/Supply Chain Management)
Acads: Good (FCD)/ Computer Science & Engineering /Non - IIT
Extra Curricular : Good (NGO, Social Responsibility of the company, Placement Cell)
Companies worked with : MNCs (MBT/STMicroelectronics)

Please share your profile and do pour in your invaluable comments...!!!!!

any suggestions.....!!!!!!!

mandeepsingh Says

My view -> GISMA is not a good B-School. I think u have a nice profile. 670 is a good score if u write applications well. I have seen people geting good schools in 630-650 , and that too with 2 yrs work ex.

I did a bit of research, read a few articles, did not find GISMA a School of any good standard. try going for ESADE, HEC, RSM instead. Believe me, write ur applications well and u stand a good chance of geting through
mandeepsingh Says

Hey mandeep, i also got offer from gisma as well as scholarship. it is indeed a good school. this mba thing is a new concept to germans. so they are not very much accquinted with that idea. however the job prospect is really good. although i am going to hhl-germany as i am going to get more scholarship over there.
anyways congrats for ur achievement.:robot:

@libpcap2001

Can you share your profile please...??

I hv given it another thread. once again
edu - ME in Computer science
Exp - 9 years in the biggest MNC
overseas - 3 diff countries (US, Denmark, Poland)
Extra curr - lot
curr position - Proj Mgr.

My view -> GISMA is not a good B-School. I think u have a nice profile. 670 is a good score if u write applications well. I have seen people geting good schools in 630-650 , and that too with 2 yrs work ex.

I did a bit of research, read a few articles, did not find GISMA a School of any good standard. try going for ESADE, HEC, RSM instead. Believe me, write ur applications well and u stand a good chance of geting through

Are you saying GISMA is not good, only because you couldn't find information about it? Or you did find the information that it is not good? Please mention the source if possible. I am also considering this school.
Hey mandeep, i also got offer from gisma as well as scholarship. it is indeed a good school. this mba thing is a new concept to germans. so they are not very much accquinted with that idea. however the job prospect is really good. although i am going to hhl-germany as i am going to get more scholarship over there.
anyways congrats for ur achievement.:robot:

Did u guys joined GISMA....
I have got admission this year and i m planing to take it...

Please do reply soon....
I want to alert you about choosing GISMA Business School MBA program in Hannover, Germany. I personally applied and regret it.

GISMA misleads potential MBA candidates by doing a clever marketing. It sells its MBA as a joint venture with Purdue University in the United States. However, GISMA has multiple shortcomings. The program is extremely quantitative but scores very poorly when it comes to soft skills and networking which in my opinion are more important in an MBA. Furthermore, GISMA lacks a true MBA ambience. The school is very small and networking is non existent. On top of that Hanover is an extremely boring city.

However, the most serious thing about GISMA is the way it recruits MBA candidates. It has a deliberate policy of recruiting students who lack leadership, ideas, and entrepreneurial desire; who will be contented with low level positions in German multinational companies. Most of the students (myself included) come from underdeveloped countries / regions such as India, Africa, Latin America, Eastern Europe......, and it is no coincidence. GISMA selects students from these parts of the world because it is consistent with its strategy of finding low cost labor for German companies. It never chooses candidates from developed countries such as France, Italy, Spain, Japan, etc. because people from these countries expect higher salaries. The exceptions are German and American students. These serve the function of being the link between the foreign students and the multinationals, since they know Germany well, and at Purdue, American students promote GISMA as well. German and American students are oftentimes in the "Dean's List" and secretely enjoy special privileges.

On a lighter note, the academic director is the best example of what a manager shouldn't be. She is not involved and doesn't show interest in student concerns or disposition to help. Ironically, she is a GISMA MBA graduate.

In conclusion, GISMA is not a good MBA. It is misleading in its advertising and the program has many shortcomings. But the worst thing about GISMA are its students. They lack leadership, entrepreneurship, soft skills, and even social skills. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I criticize GISMA for choosing candidates from underdeveloped countries, I personally come from an underdeveloped country. It's GISMA's policy of choosing students lacking leadership, vision, and all of the above qualities which is pathetic. In short, GISMA is not a business shool for leaders. It is a school for low level employees.

I too have got an admit from GISMA for 2009 intake... will take it up for sure... any more guys joining 2009 batch...?

Hi All,

This is Samir.
I too have got the admission from GISMA. I have also confirmed my seat there by paying the initial deposit of 2000 euros.

I selected GISMA amongst SDA Bocconi, IOWA Tippie, MIP, Lancaster, Oxford (Brookes), Virginia Tech. I have worked in Germany earlier, and speak basic German. Plus I work for a German company so, I feel good after the job prospects post MBA. I selected this school due to a lot of factors. Scholarship of 90%, association with Purdue, relatively lesser recession in Germany and the fact that Germany is not overcrowded by MBAs.

I have read all the reports and blogs about this school. Many have said its not upto mark. But, it is a new school with strong focus on grooming its students. All business schools take time to mark their presence, so if someone were to compare it with RSM, HEC etc, he would find it below standard. But, similar to ISB, this school has the framework in place to break into the top ranks.

Anyone who's joined GISMA for 2009-2010 batch please get in touch with me. My email id is [email protected]

My profile
GMAT: 700
CAT: 97
Work Ex: 2 Years
Extra Curriculars: Good
Admits: SDA Bocconi, Lancaster, MIP, Oxford(Brookes), Virginia Tech, IOWA Tippie, Vlerick Leuven Gent.
Rejects: HEC, ISB, Cambridge, Carnegie Mellon

meetugupta Says
I too have got an admit from GISMA for 2009 intake... will take it up for sure... any more guys joining 2009 batch...?

@meetugupta
You have joined GISMA? I have secured an admit at European Business School, Franfurt (European Business School (EBS) - BWL Bachelor, Master und Executive MBA). Contemplating on accepting the offer, which I have to do by may 30th...

Any idea about EBS and their Full Time MBA program? (this is relatively new program).

I also wanted to know more about the German Student VISA application. Can you please guide?

Thanks
NoeL

Hi Meetu,

I am applicant for GISMA 2010. Did you join GISMA. Please share your experience about the Institute and the program.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Ashu Arora

hmbusiness Says
EBS Business School is just outside Frankfurt and has Germany's largest business studies faculties, with 80 outstanding professors and renowned guest professors and lecturers from around the world. The School is ranked among the top universities in German university rankings, and was recently voted favorite school by international recruiters that hire from Germany. *************** just published an article with Vinod Jose, an EBS student who went on exchange to Rio de Janeiro, EBS Business School is really focusing on the BRIC nations and this was an exciting opportunity. Read the interview here.

Interesting. You just replied to a 2 year old post of mine. I did my MBA from EBS and Vinod is my classmate.

Are you paid by *************** to reply to the posts here? I am curious. I see several posts from you in Pagalguy in the last 2 days linking to *************** website.

NoeL