GIM GD/PI Discussion thread 2009-2011 batch

Hi Puys, Due to numerous requests we are starting the GD/PI thread before the calls are out. Hope this will help you in ur preparations for the process.

Hi Puys,

Due to numerous requests we are starting the GD/PI thread before the calls are out. Hope this will help you in ur preparations for the process.

would u like to share ur gd/pi experience?

gr8 work akshay. hope this thread ll be very usefull to all of u . we all will share our experiences here n keep asking ur doubts abt gdpi here..... its a bit late now(3:10am)... gonna sleep now... ll share my experience very sooonnn....

cheersss!!!!!

what can we expect for this years gd?case study or topic based??
how to prepare for the case studies n abstract topics?
seniors, please share ur experiences..

thanx seniors for starting this thread...was eagerly waiting for it!!..in PI can the panel really gruel us on our acads..??i'm a fresher (BBA final yr student)...wht all subjects should i go thru --marketing/finance/HR/Business Management.. ??...do i need to have just a basic idea of all of these or prepare all of them thoroughly?

my scores
oa-- 94.46
va--81.6
lr--99.17
qa -- 66

will i get a call from gim

hey, the tab 'gim interview results" redirects u to xat homepage. every1 facing the same situation,or there is some prob wit mine..??

what can we expect for this years gd?case study or topic based??
how to prepare for the case studies n abstract topics?
seniors, please share ur experiences..

Hi Anju

last year we had case study . we can not predict anything about this year but most probably it is going to be case study . Case given to u would be based on some real life situations . for example case that i got was about the kirana shop which is loosing business , as most of his business is based upon credit from customers. few more constraints were given and we were suppose to discuss the possible solution . i ll suggest all of u to read more n more as knowledge is d most imp ... if u hv knowledge u can apply it anywhere - case/gd whtever.

best of luck
priyajain Says
thanx seniors for starting this thread...was eagerly waiting for it!!..in PI can the panel really gruel us on our acads..??i'm a fresher (BBA final yr student)...wht all subjects should i go thru --marketing/finance/HR/Business Management.. ??...do i need to have just a basic idea of all of these or prepare all of them thoroughly?

Hi priya

yes , u can expect ques from ur acad.u being a fresher , ur acad is very imp part in PI ... n ofcourse u need d basic knowledge of the things as well as u should be aware abt some imp concepts/theories of ur grad. abt the imp subjects , i guess jha can throw some light on it ....

best of luck
my scores
oa-- 94.46
va--81.6
lr--99.17
qa -- 66

will i get a call from gim

u hv excellent chance dude.... i request all to post these type of queries in admission thread.... let keep this thread exclusively for gdpi preprations...

I got 94%ile in XAT. I have avg. acads. I am a 2008 passout (BE). Will they grill a lot on this 1 yr gap?? I did BE in CSE so what kind of questions can I expect?? TIA.

could the seniors please throw some light on the subject "using hindi lyrics in management" mentioned in the prospectus?

also, what r the popular authors u have to read on HR?

Are GIM case studies usually surrounding marketing or HR?

thanks

I have a workex of 19 months and have done my Btech CSE and working in an IT company.. would I be expected to know detailed knowledge of subjects in my B-Tech or just their basics... or would my workex and project related questions would be given weightage....

Also is GD/case study and elimination round or everyone who appears in GD gives the PI??

Do they have Case studies every year or some other GD method like group activity?

well i knw its nt the correct place to post but with 90.010% should i be on this thread???????????????

Guys,

I would like to tell you that the GDPI guidance activity on this thread will start in earnest only after the calls are out.

Till then its my request to all you guys that

READ THE NEWSPAPERS

LISTEN TO THE NEWS

This is the least u can do. You ignore them, they will give a current affairs topic, u will be f***ed!!!

GIM does not require big orators or speakers.

They need ppl with ideas and potential. If you have it it will come across.

And please guys, stop enquiring about your chances, we are seriously considering beginnning to groan at posts though we have made a decision against groaning at anyone no matter what.

Plz plz plz refrain from that what are my chances crap.

ONE LAST TIME

less than 90 -- BYE BYE

90 - 93 - VISIT THE NEAREST TEMPLE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP

93 -- START PREPPIN FR GD

First of all, thanks akkinaya for starting this thread. I do understand your compulsions when you say that you guys will be active only once the results are out. Thats totally cool, as long as you guys help us out someday!

Anyways, all GIM aspirants here are some questions that are common to all PIs and I feel they need a lot of introspection.

1. tell me something about yourself
2. why MBA
3. which field interest you the most and why
4. why should we select (or not select) you
5. what are your strengths and weaknesses
6. tell us about your interests and goals in life (where do you see yourself in 5-10 years)
7. one event in your life where you displayed your ability to
--a. handle stress
--b. deliver results
--c. ability to handle people (leadership skills)/ work in team (teamplayer/ team skills)
8. tell us about job responsibilities, achievements and failures at work.

its_i Says
I got 94%ile in XAT. I have avg. acads. I am a 2008 passout (BE). Will they grill a lot on this 1 yr gap?? I did BE in CSE so what kind of questions can I expect?? TIA.

hello frnd....

i was in d same position as u r ... n first ques in any PI is going to be about 1 yr gap. so prepare it properly . as per acad ques in cse , clear ur basics once... n do concentrate on practical ques .. for example , last yr i was asked following ques regarding my acads-->
why computer get hanged or does not respond?
is 1mbps lan in the college is gud option?
of what material is LAN (outercover) made of ?
what are different type of versions available of vista?
is vista gud option over xp?

these r d few ques tht m able to recollect now......

best of luck n prepare hard....
I have a workex of 19 months and have done my Btech CSE and working in an IT company.. would I be expected to know detailed knowledge of subjects in my B-Tech or just their basics... or would my workex and project related questions would be given weightage....

Also is GD/case study and elimination round or everyone who appears in GD gives the PI??

hello mayank

gd is not d elimination round. Ur pi would likely to consist ques from ur current responsibility @ ur company , achievement of urs & value addition from ur side for the company. n yes , do clear ur basics of IT . as i already mentioned they can ask u few very basic n practical ques which ur expected to ans...

best of luck...