GeorgiaTech : Dual Degree Query

Hi All, I had applied for M.S. program last year and got admitted into Georgia Tech. Pardon my ignorance but it was only after I got a call from GeorgiaTech, did I came to know that there is such a thing as a dual degree ( M.S. + MBA ). …

Hi All,

I had applied for M.S. program last year and got admitted into Georgia Tech. Pardon my ignorance but it was only after I got a call from GeorgiaTech, did I came to know that there is such a thing as a dual degree ( M.S. + MBA ).

I had a few queries with regards to dual degree programs :
1. Can I switch to a dual degree program after the completion of my 1st sem ( M.S.)
2. How is Georgia Tech's MBA program regarded generally ( as per US News it ranks 34 ) ?

Hi All, I had applied for M.S. program last year and got admitted into Georgia Tech. Pardon my ignorance but it was only after I got a call from GeorgiaTech, did I came to know that there is such a thing as a dual degree ( M.S. + MBA ). I had a few queries with regards to dual degree programs :
1. Can I switch to a dual degree program after the completion of my 1st sem ( M.S.)
2. How is Georgia Tech's MBA program regarded generally ( as per US News it ranks 34 ) ?

1. is possible, though you'll need to apply separately to the MBA program while in your first semester of MS. You might NOT be able to start the MBA until fall of the year after you start your MS. Talk to the University Graduate department and B-school adcomm to find out.

2. Good local business school for Georgia & Neighboring states, most employers tend to come from the immediate radius. University widely regarded for it's MS in Systems, Industrial Engineering, SCM and Logistics etc.. in fact US News considers GT the best Industrial Engineering School in the States.