Georgetown University 2010: McDonough School

Hi folks, Didn’t see any recent threads for Georgetown University applicants for Fall 2010, so starting this one. Please feel free to share your inputs on the program as well as your progress in the application process. Thanks, As…

Hi folks,

Didn't see any recent threads for Georgetown University applicants for Fall 2010, so starting this one.

Please feel free to share your inputs on the program as well as your progress in the application process.

Thanks,
Ashutosh

Nobody?? 😞

Applied in round 1

interview in Dec 1-2nd week

Hope ppl will join in here..

Have u taken a date for the interview? Mine is a F2F interview at Mumbai...

Hi,
I too have applied to the first round, I have a f2f interview on dec 8th. How are you guys preparing for your interview?
Can you share your profile.

My profile:
WE: 3.5 years in IT
GMAT 750
GPA: 3.01
Extra Currs: Decent

Hey Ajay,

I best place to prep. would be pagalguy itself... browse through the previous years posts to get an idea of the type of questions that would be asked....
My profile:
WE: 3yrs IT
GMAT: 740
GPA: Dont know how to calculate it, gt 74% in my Undergrad.
Extra Currs: Decent

Mine is on 9th I think... need to check.

As far as prep is concerned - they (US Schools) generally ask you profile based questions, i.e. check your resume and be prepared for questions around that.

I am not sure what to prepare and how to prepare for the same, except knowing ones past and showcasing it...

I haven't got any response from GT yet. They misplaced my documents and found that on 12/11/09.... are people getting I/V calls even now?

Count me in guys..apped in R1..Intv in Mumbai on 11th Dec..

me too R1 interview...10 Dec Mumbai...

please everybody share their profiles...

Gmat - 730/ 5.5
Acad- 8.33/10 NIT Bhopal
Work Ex-- 2 years 2 months By fall2010-- Team Lead- 8 Months
Extra cUrriculars- Very Strong.. (Basically College and also company- TCS)
Community Service-- Strong-- NGO and also Company
Toefl- 109

anybody done with the interview please post the debrief...

Done with mine, I had an onsite interview with a second year student. It was a 40 min interview. She asked me usual questions,
tell me about yourself-
Why MBA
What is your leadership style
Why GT
Long term short term goal
Responsibilities at work
A place you like to visit and a place where you would like to.
And that it!
It was not very stressful though.. kind of a conversation.. I think I did fine.. now thw wait game starts.. I think they dnt disclose the results until the last day.. so keeping my fingers crossed.
All the best to everyone

Any more interview experience?

i had my interview on 12th,,it was on the similar lines as that of urs...almost same questions...

Thanks for the update guys, I am a round 2 applicant . Good luck to you ashu and ajay 😃

hi ansh,

is it true that R3 applicants are not considered for merit scholarships

cheers

Anybody going fr the coffee chat in Delhi with the current student of Georgetown??

ashu@2010 Says
Anybody going fr the coffee chat in Delhi with the current student of Georgetown??

Yup I am In....

Hey...just gt the mail I am in...