Georgetown Admits - Class of 2012

Hello All, Starting this thread for all the GT admits who will be matriculating at McDonough this fall. Lets discuss any questions/concerns related to housing,I-20, opportunities/resources provided by the school etc etc. For prospective…

Hello All,

Starting this thread for all the GT admits who will be matriculating at McDonough this fall. Lets discuss any questions/concerns related to housing,I-20, opportunities/resources provided by the school etc etc.

For prospective students, request you to please use this thread http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/georgetown-university-2010-mcdonough-school-25045859 to discuss anything related to the application itself.

Lets keep this thread solely for admits. I will be matriculating and will try to provide all the information that I can. Looking forwards to meet other GTown admits this fall.

Hi Rishvish,

Thanks for your initiative.I have been accepted to georgetown with full scholarship.Most likely I am headed to DC.

I am interested to know about the placement for internationals in consulting track and is it even possible for internationals to break into Social Sector consulting given the fact that it is in DC.

Secondly,please help me to know how much on an average is the cost of living in DC.Please PM me your number,I would like to speak to you sometime.

Hi Rishvish,

Thanks for your initiative.I have been accepted to georgetown with full scholarship.Most likely I am headed to DC.

I am interested to know about the placement for internationals in consulting track and is it even possible for internationals to break into Social Sector consulting given the fact that it is in DC.

Secondly,please help me to know how much on an average is the cost of living in DC.Please PM me your number,I would like to speak to you sometime.

Congrats for getting in with full scholarship :cheerio:

From what I know, placements for this year have been better then the last year but the situation is still bleak. However, this is true for each and every top school (eg. My friend at TUCK still hasnt been able to find anything). Lets hope things will be better by 2012.

Its definitely possible to break into social/non profit consulting. If you look at the placement stats, you would find few companies who did hire internationals for this industry. However, you would have to back this up with your past work experience, desire and industry specific skills.

As far as the cost goes, DC is expensive. A lot of desis(indians) stay somewhere in Virginia where the cost of living is low. Still, you should consider a budget of atleast $1000 per month. I have PMed you my number. Its best to call me during weekends. I am in the east coast.

Anyone else heading to DC ? I definitely thought there were few from the first round who were pretty confirmed.

Hi Soulinluv,

I am applying at georgetown in R1..can you please share your experience till now and is there something peculiar in georgetown thats makes it different from other b schools apart from the location factor.

Your reply would mean a lot.

Thanks,
Amil

Hi Rishvish,

Wrong thread for my post