George Washington University Fall 2013

Hi, As I did not see any thread for GWU for the fall 2013 intake, I have started this thread for fellow applicants to discuss and share information. I have received an admit from GWU when I logged into its site to check the status, but no men…

Hi,

As I did not see any thread for GWU for the fall 2013 intake, I have started this thread for fellow applicants to discuss and share information. I have received an admit from GWU when I logged into its site to check the status, but no mention of scholarship was present.

Has anyone got an admit and has anyone idea about how GWU communicates about scholarship decisions?

Best Regards,
Aditya

Hi Aditya,
I got a scholarship of 20k .. It came via an e-mail. No mention on the offer letter that came on the portal.

Me 2 a Red Devil .. since 1997 .. !

Regards

@sonket from a fellow red devil: congrats!! Same here.. well that's what the mail said, 20k.
I am Man U fan since 1996!
So, what hav u decided?

@Adi_RedDevil
It's a very neck-n-neck race mate .. George Washington Univ (20k scholarship) v/s Thunderbird (25k) .. both more or less same fees .. m confused .. SUNY Buffalo also calling ..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pittsburgh Katz results on Friday .. Virginia Tech n Naveen Jindal maybe in later ..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wat about you .. Schulich ? What are your other options ?
Regards

hey that's nice, u got some options. I have Tulane (50% fellowship), Purdue and Schulich apart from GWU. I am more in line to defer my admits. I have been waitlisted by UIUC.
I have talked with few admissions director and they gave me few pointers to strengthen my profile for a better scholarship.
Btw what's ur profile?

GMAT - 650
TOEFL - 113
Work ex - 2.75 years ( 2 awards on the job, 1 client appreciation (saved my client 1.2 million pounds per year), 3 certifications, two projects (development + IT Incident manager ))
Extracurriculars - 3 managing committees' member in college, JRD tata scholarship, 7-8 1st prizes, 2-3 second prizes, event coordinator for 2 national level events, taught in a school ( could tell stories on team-work and innovation here ) ... etc.
Bachelors - 68.7%, Distinction in B.E.
What's yours ? And do tell me how to earn a better scholarship !

How to defer admission ?

Good profile. You hav e diverse exp and hence u can tlk a lot. Mine is somewhat similar to yours
GMAT - 650/6.0
TOFEL - 114
Wrk Ex - 3.4yrs (6 awards, 2 at India level, 5 client appreciation, devised process for the client tat saved abt 75% on resource spending, led team of 3 on 2 projects, wrked on independent and team modules). Telecomm domain certifications. Currently pursuing 2 business related
Extra curricular - Consultant to NGO (Increased their sponsors and improving their processes and brand.) AT university - Chairman of IEEE, Sponsorship head of national techical fest, Training and Placement Co-ordinator, won many prizes in technical competitions, CR. GPA: 3.9/4

Well, what I have heard from other fellow applicants and present students... scholarship depends a lot on ur GMAT score and yrs of wrk exp. Say a university has a 80% range GMAT score as 600-700.. a score of 710 will get you atleast 50% (wrst case) with a very simple profile or a wrk exp of 8-9yrs.

There is an option to defer the admit when you go to the enrollment link that they have provided to confirm your status on GWU. R u planning to defer?

@Adi_RedDevil Thanks for the scholarship tip .. guess GMAT is the only thing one has control on ...
Basically, defer for you means a shot at more scholarship .. right ?

No plans to defer as of now .. waiting for other results ..

hmmm... well u can defer d admit by a yr.. so in a yrs time u can strengthen ur profile and share ur achievements with uni nxt yr for more scholarship

Hi Everyone,

In case anyone has accepted admission from GWU, there is a

Summer Send-Off meet-up in Mumbai today! (Saturday June 1) Meet the new students and fellow alumni. Venue: Mad Over Donuts (M.O.D.) Oberoi Mall Western Express Highway, Goregaon East Mumbai, Maharashtra 400063 India Time: 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.

Apologize for posting this late.

To Register: The George Washington University

Also, feel free to connect with me if anyone has questions about the GMBA program at GWU.