This thread is dedicated to the candidates preparing for SSC, PSC, CDS, NDA, LIC, Railway, Banks, etc.Motto of this thread : Knowledge is best gain when it is shared.Learn, share and make your dream come true.
This thread is dedicated to the candidates preparing for SSC, PSC, CDS, NDA, LIC, Railway, Banks, etc.
Motto of this thread : Knowledge is best gain when it is shared.
Learn, share and make your dream come true.
Important Battles in Indian History-
1. Battle of Hydaspeas (326 BC) - Alexander defeated Porus
2. Kalinga war (261 BC) - Ashoka defeated the state of Kalinga
3. First Battle of Tarrain (1191 AD) - Prithviraj Chauhan defeated Md Ghori
4. Second Battle of Tarrain (1192 AD) - Md Ghori defeated Prithviraj Chauhan
5. First Battle of Panipat (1526 AD) - Babar defeated Ibrahim Lodhi
6. Second Battle of Panipat (1556 AD) - Bairam Khan representing Akbar defeated Hemu
7. Battle of Plassey (1757 AD) - Lord Clive defeated Siraj-ud-daula
8. Battle of Wandiwash (1760 AD) - English forces defeated the French forces
9. Third Battle of Panipat (1761 AD) - Ahmed Shah Abdali defeated the Marathas
10. Fourth Anglo Mysore war (1799 AD) - Tipu Sultan was defeated and killed by the British forces.
For complete list please visit-
Main dance forms of India-
1. Bharat Natyam - Tamil Nadu
2. Kathakali - Kerala
3. Kathak - North India
4. Odishi - Odisha
5. Manipuri - Manipur
6. Kuchipudi - Andhra Pradesh
How many members are nominated by the President in the Rajya Sabha?
Birth stories of whom are contained in Jataka tales?
Important Dams and Hydro-electric projects in India-
1. Almati Dam - Krishna river (Karnataka)
2. Baglihar Dam - Chenab river (J&K;)
3. Bhakra Nangal Dam - Sutlej river (Himachal Pradesh)
4. Govind Sagar Reservoir - Sutlej river (Himachal Pradesh)
5. Hirakud Dam - Mahanadi river (Odisha)
6. Idduki Dam - Periyar river (Kerala)
7. Koyna Dam - Koyna river (Maharashtra)
8. Maithon Dam - Barakar river (Jharkhand)
9. Mettur Dam - Cauvery river (Tamil Nadu)
10. Tehri Dam - Bhagirathi river (Uttrakhand)
For complete list please visit-
Viswambhar Mishra was the original name of which spiritual guru?
Which vitamin is also known as Ascorbic acid?
NATIONAL GAME OF COUNTRIES-
1. Japan - Judo
2. England - Cricket
3. Spain - Bull fighting
4. Srilanka - Volley ball
5. Indonesia - Badminton
6. China - Table tennis
7. Bhutan - Archery
8. USA - Baseball
9. Canada - Ice hockey
10. New Zealand - Rugby
Salient Features of Indian Constitution-
1. The Constitution of India is a written document. It is the second lengthiest and the most comprehensive of all the written Constitution of the world.
2. The Constitution, as originally adopted, had 22 Parts, 395 Articles and 9 Schedules.
3. The Indian Constitution is partly rigid and partly flexible.
4. The Constitution declares India as a Sovereign, Democratic and Republic.
5. The Constitution established the Parliamentary form of Government both at the Centre and the States.
6. The Constitution of India is the supreme law of the country.
7. The Constitution has established India as a Socialist and Secular country.
8. The Constitution provides for single citizenship in India.
9. The Constitution declares certain fundamental rights of the individual.
10. The Constitution introduces the principle of Universal Adult Franchise.
11. The Constitution has made provision to provide an independent and impartial Judiciary. The Supreme Court acts as the guardian of the Constitution and is the highest court of appeal.
12. The Constitution has conferred on the Judiciary the power of Judicial Review.
13. The Constitution of India is federal in nature with unitary features.
14. The Constitution recognises the President as the Constitutional head of the Union.
15. The Constitution of India has provided Directive Principles of State Policy to be followed by the Government to secure a truly welfare state.
16. Although the Constitution has declared India as a Union of States but no State can declare itself separate from the Indian Union.
UNESCO World Heritage Sites in India-
1. Mahabodhi temple complex at Bodh Gaya, Bihar
2. Humayun's Tomb at New Delhi
3. Qutub Minar at New Delhi
4. Red Fort at New Delhi
5. Group of monuments at Hampi, Karnataka
6. Buddhist monuments at Sanchi, Madhya Pradesh
7. Rock shelters at Bhimbetka, Madhya Pradesh
8. Khajuraho group of monuments, Madhya Pradesh
9. Ajanta and Ellora caves at Maharashtra
10. Sun Temple, Konark, Odisha
For complete list please visit the following link-
The concept of CARBON CREDIT originated from?
Which schedule of the Indian Constitution prescribes distribution of seats in Rajya Sabha?
The Mansabdari system was introduced by?
Who are the price-takers under Perfect Competition?
Lambert's Law is related to?
Which phenomenon do bats or dolphins use to find prey, predators or obstacles?
The method of impeachment of the President of India is adopted from?
Who was the president of Indian National Congress at the time of independence?