To help competitive exam aspirants. GA & Current Affairs.
Economics Previous Year’s Questions with Explained Answers. http://ias.org.in/2016/03/gs-quiz-economics-previous-years-questions-explained-answers.html
Any tips for tomorrow's NABARD exam ? How to attempt ?
Hello Puys, here is the PaGaLGuY's Current Affairs Monthly Bullet for July 2016. https://www.pagalguy.com/news/the-general-knowledge-bullet-july-2016-45750772
Hello people, here is the daily gist of current affairs for SSC CCL/Banking.https://www.pagalguy.com/news/daily-current-affairs-august-14-2016-saturday-45790741
The Mental Health Bill passed by Rajya Sabha seeks to ensure that patients have access to safe health care. To read more about the bill, click on the link below. https://www.pagalguy.com/news/the-mental-health-care-bill-2013-passed-by-rajya-sabha-45922426
andhra_pradesh/Vizag vishakapattanam -to-host-BRICS-summit-on-urbanisation on 2016/07/14
2016 Kabbadi world cup to be held at Ahmedabad
Here is the Daily Current Affairs for Competitive Exams and a Monthly Bullet for September 2016- https://www.pagalguy.com/news/daily-current-affairs-for-competitive-exams-september-24-2016-46362624
Here is the PaGaLGuY's Current Affairs Monthly Bullet for October 2016 .https://www.pagalguy.com/news/current-affairs-monthly-bullet-for-competitive-exams-october-2016-46561528
Here are the important News for today - - https://www.pagalguy.com/news/daily-current-affairs-for-competitive-exams-october-16-17-2016-46757806
i need current gk 2016 in pdf and static gk aswell . plzzz provide as soon
Hello readers,Here are today's important headlines with key details for UPSC, SSC, IBPS and other competitive examinations.
Government launches e-pashu haat to facilitate farmers
- The Union Agriculture & Farmers Welfare launched the e-pashu haat portal to connect farmers and breeders of bovine animals. The portal will act as a single online e-trading market platform, including availability of bovine germplasm. It will enable the farmers to buy bovine animals, frozen semen and embryo.
- e-pashuhaat portal will connect farmers with breeders- State, Central, Co-operative, Milk Federations, and private agencies. It will provide information related to certification of the animal, breeding, its picture, volume of milk given by the cow etc. It will facilitate farmers to purchase advanced breed of bovine animals at a reasonable price as per as their requirements.
- It will provide, certified picture of animals, its parents information, breeding, volume of milk given by bovine animal information. Besides this, it will provide information related to animal fodder varieties, its volume and price. It will have real time authentic certified information on availability of germplasm. Significance Earlier there was no single authentic organised market for animals. Information like pet cattle, trading of bovine animals was not available in any other forum or platform in the country.
- This portal is likely to help fill in the vacuum. Since dairying activity is a major supplementary source of income for farmers. The portal will play important role in increasing income of framers from animal rearing for achieving the goal of doubling farmers’ income by 2022.
- It establishes links between ‘farmer to farmer’ and ‘farmer to institutes’. Thus, it minimises the involvement of middlemen. It will create a comparative Farm Network that will facilitate farmers to exchange local knowledge and resources.
- India has the largest bovine population in the world. It accounts for 14% of the world cattle population, while share for buffalo alone is 53% of which 79% of the cattle are indigenous and 21% are crossbred and exotic varieties.
Culture ministry releases coins to mark 500th anniversary of Hindu saint
- The Union culture ministry has released a commemorative non-circulation Rs 500 and a Rs 10 coin circulation coin as part of the yearlong celebrations marking the 500th anniversary of Hindu saint and social reformer Shri Krishna Chaitanya Mahaprabhu’svisit to Vrindavan.
About Shri Krishna Chaitanya Mahaprabhu
- Shri Krishna Chaitanya Mahaprabhu is a famous Hindi Saint and social reformer and also a distinguished promoter for the Vaishnava School of Bhakti Yoga.
- The Bhakti movement initiated by him strove to eradicate the evils of caste and feudal systems of medieval India. Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu propagated the worship of Shri Krishna and popularised the chanting of “Hare Krishna Mantra” to all without any discrimination.
- In the year 1515, Chaitanya Mahaprabhu visited Vrindavan, with the objective of locating the lost holy places associated with Lord Krishna’s transcendent pastimes.
Pink invited for special screening at UN HQ
- Pink, the Amitabh Bachchan starrer Bollywood film, has been invited by the Assistant Secretary-General of the United Nations for a special screening at its headquarters in New York, USA.
- Directed by Aniruddha Roy Chowdhury and written by Ritesh Shah, the film- a modern Indian courtroom drama- highlights the issue of gender violence. It is by far being considered as one of the best works by the all-time Bollywood superstar- Amitabh Bachchan and one of the most successful releases of 2016.
- The film was very well received by audience and critics alike from all across India for its extremely realistic narrative. It was released on September 16, 2016, under the U/A category with four verbal cuts. It was specially screened for the Rajasthan Police, in order to train them to become more sensitive towards women’s rights and dignity.
Amitabh Kant Committee constituted to push cashless transactions
- The Union Government in the last week of November 2016 announced the formation of anew committee to accelerate the process of transforming India into a cashless economy.
- The committee will be headed by Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant. The other members of the committee are the Secretary of the Department of Financial Services, Secretary of Department Of Industrial Policy & Promotion and Secretary of Department of Investment and Public Asset Management, Secretaries of the IT and Rural Development Ministries, Managing Director of the National Payments Corporation of India and the Chairman of National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).
Tasks of the committee
- The committee will identify and operationalise in the earliest possible time frame user-friendly digital payment options in all sectors of the economy.
- It will engage regularly with Union ministries, regulators, state governments, district administration, local bodies, trade and industry associations to promote adoption of digital payment systems.
- It will attempt to establish and monitor an implementation framework with strict timelines. This will be done to ensure that nearly 80% of the transactions in India moves to the digital-only platform.
- The committee will execute an action plan on advocacy, awareness and handholding efforts among public, micro enterprises and other stakeholders.
- It will also attempt to estimate costs involved in various digital payments options and supervise implementation of measures to make such transactions between the government and citizens cheaper than cash transactions.
- During the first meeting of the committee on 24 November 2016, it was decided to involve Common Service Centres to help train merchants to use digital payment methods.
Aditi Ashok bags inaugural Qatar Ladies Open
- Indian golfer Aditi Ashok won the inaugural Qatar Ladies Open on November 26, 2016, in Doha. With this, she recorded her second straight victory on the Ladies European Tour.
- Ashok shot a final round of three-under 69 to card a total of 15-under. She finished three strokes ahead of Lydia Hall and Caroline Hedwall.
November 29, 2016
Here are today's important headlines with key details for UPSC, SSC, IBPS and other competitive examinations.A
kodara in Gujarat becomes India’s first Digital Village
- Akodara village in Sabarkantha district of Gujarat has recently earned the title of becoming the first digital village in India. The village, which sustains a total population of 1191 people, uses various cashless systems for payments of goods and services. All transactions in the village are carried out through digital modes like net-banking, SMS or debit cards.
- Akodara was adopted and developed by the ICICI Foundation as a digitised village with a rural branch of the bank. In the village, most transactions between Rs. 10 and Rs. 5000 are done via SMS. The payment goes directly into the shopkeeper’s bank account as the buyer and seller are both connected through their accounts in the same bank.
- Akodara is one of the few villages to have its own website: http://akodara-digitalvillage.in.
- Its wi-fi with high speed broadband connectivity has some 50 subscribers across 200-odd households.
- The wi-fi facility also enables farmers to access the latest price of agricultural commodities on NCDEX, with the bank acting as a hub for business activity. The ICICI Bank has developed a dedicated and customised SMS banking platform and software for the village to enable users to do basic banking transactions in English and Gujarati.
- The bank has also developed a micro-ATM-based solution to facilitate the local mandi commission agents to make payments to farmers for their produce.
Goa to become India’s first Cashless state
- Amidst the confusion created by demonetization, the Indian state of Goa prepares itself to become the first state to operate cashless in the country from 31 December 2016.
- All vendors would be given Mobile Money Identifier (MMI) codes when they register at the bank. Customers would be able to make the transaction by dialing *99# and following the instructions that appear on the screen. The information to be filled by them would include their bank account details, the total amount that is to be transferred along with the MMI code of the vendor.
- The mobile required to make the payment wouldn’t have to be a Smartphone. There will be no minimum limit on the cashless transfer of money and these transactions will also be immune from any sort of fees.
- This way the money will directly be debited from the sender’s account and credited to the receiver’s account. It will take away the hassle of installing swiping machines, especially in the case of small retailers and vendors.
- A drive to educate people on the working of the same system has already been initiated in Mapusa and Panaji.
Guys I m preparing gk for mba exams.. for current affairs I have downloaded ur monthly pdf.. will that be sufficient?
Hi friends any body have previous years po,rrb po IBPS clerk ka ga papers hi
RBI will issue New Rs.50 & Rs.200. Watch this
Aug 4th Week Part I Current affairs