GE FMP Recruits 2011

Hi Guys & Gals, I am Srijit from IMT Ghaziabad (PGDM- Finance 2009-11). Will be joining GE FMP, this June end :: . I started this thread for all those who will be joining this prestigious company in the FMP profile. This thread can act as a sourc…

Hi Guys & Gals, I am Srijit from IMT Ghaziabad (PGDM- Finance 2009-11). Will be joining GE FMP, this June end . I started this thread for all those who will be joining this prestigious company in the FMP profile. This thread can act as a source of networking for all of us before our joining. I would like to congratulate all of you and welcome you : to introduce yourselves and post all related queries and discussions. Hope this thread can help us become friends and address our queries.

Hey Sritij,

I plan to apply to the GE FMP commencing June 2012. I understand you must be nearing the completion of your first rotation at the program.

Could you please take out some time to answer the following questions.

- Is the FMP too 'accounting centric'? I ask this because my primary interest leans towards finance, capital investments and banking.

- Are the rotations within Asia or outside as well?

- Do we get to choose which companies to be part off? (like GE Capital, GE Aviation, GE Energy, NBC Universal etc) or is that something we can't choose.

- What kind of peers are you working with (Background and ethnicity)?

- Any other experience you'd like to share.

I'd really appreciate your help as I'm quite excited about applying here.

Thanks,
Gursagar