GD PI Experiences [MBE 2009,DU]

_With the selection process starting from 23rd March 2009 and it will continue till 27-28th March 2009. Use this thread only to post your experiences and nothing else…No queries and spam on this thread. Write about GD topic and interview que…

With the selection process starting from 23rd March 2009 and it will continue till 27-28th March 2009.
Use this thread only to post your experiences and nothing else...No queries and spam on this thread.
Write about GD topic and interview questions..
For queries use this link-
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2009-11-mbe-delhi-university-admission-queries-25035412

So here I am with my experience...Reached marginally on time
I must say I like the lawns,the area.the charm of the south campus
Anyways,first we had presentation given by the seniors..
Introduction of econometric in the syllabus
Placement scenario
Curicullum
Hostels
Selection procedure-gd,personality test and pi
Faculty members
Selection process etc

All the students were divided into 2 groups.I was in the first group.I was in group 2...
Group 2 was called in first for GD and unsupossedly fro personality test;)
The topic for GD was Jai Ho
I chipped in between 1nce or 2wice only but when I got the chance to add more points-I spoke of progress of India-FDI ,agricultural sector etc...

Then we were asked there to give a brief introduction about ourself..This also went fine

Lastly I got my interview preponed before my actual chance of it..
I wnt comment about it

Guys please post your experiences...

Hi everyone, I think that was a nice effort by shruti to this forum.I would request other puys to come out with their experiences.Also shruti were ur photostats of marksheets attested .

keaneamogh Says
Hi everyone, I think that was a nice effort by shruti to this forum.I would request other puys to come out with their experiences.Also shruti were ur photostats of marksheets attested .

I had to sign those marksheets there ..I didn't get them attested since it wasn't mentioned..

BTW-when is your interview?

thanks for that clarification and posting abt the experience. i have an interview tom .. 1:30 PM slot..

anyone else in the same group?

thanks for that clarification and posting abt the experience. i have an interview tom .. 1:30 PM slot..

anyone else in the same group?

ATB..Be yourself...I must say those people are experienced well enough..And don't worry about the interview..It was my carelessness that I didn't studied acads so properly..
Brush yourself with atleast 3-4 papers of your choice:)

@shruti

Do u have any work experience.....and what did they asked people who has work ex of 2-3 years.....r they asking asking those people about acads....

Since i haven't revised too much in acads and might go blank in the interview if asked on acads, will that hamper my chances.........also how much is the total no of general seats and no of respective general candidates....

ATB..Be yourself...I must say those people are experienced well enough..And don't worry about the interview..It was my carelessness that I didn't studied acads so properly..
Brush yourself with atleast 3-4 papers of your choice:)

3-4 papers! 😉 i think its a bit too late in that case! ;)

can u please tell me what was the size of the panel?

Well there were 6 people in the panel.And I think 1-2 subjects would suffice if you through them

I am still doing grads,no work-ex..No idea about those questions..Sorry..Well if you have work ex,then not much need to go thru acads..

There are 72 total seats and rest quotas accordingly..

Nice effort Shruti and thanks for sharing your experience.

However, guys who are going to post further, please use the standard format:

Profile:

Xth:
XIIth:
Grad:

Work-ex:

Any other (worth mentioning):

GD
PI

Shruti my slot is for 25th at 1:30 , thanks alot for clarification on the marksheets.Tell me what exactly should I do for my PI
I have 1.5 years of work-ex in IT industry.Iam really confused
Also shruti please tell me about the personality test thing.

Total no. of general seats is 54.

Vaise the panel had 6 members!!!!:wow: (kya koi play/draama dekhne aaye ho kya???) Think the teachers don't have much work to do nowadays because its exam time in DU so they thought ki MBE chal k baith te hain....

Dude check the website if you doubt me..There are 72 seats in MBE.
Admission-Department Of Business Economics
Shruti my slot is for 25th at 1:30 , thanks alot for clarification on the marksheets.Tell me what exactly should I do for my PI
I have 1.5 years of work-ex in IT industry.Iam really confused
Also shruti please tell me about the personality test thing.

That brief introduction about yourself like what makes you unique ,why MBE ..In short about yourself was a part of personality test..Maybe you get same question or maybe different;)

Don't worry ...Just be honest

was the personality test a written round?

@shruti

Thanks for sharing ur experience...cn u tell in acads they r asking questions deep inside or just the basics things....????will they ask u ur favourite subjects first or randomly ne subject is being picked up by them????
thnkx a lot in advance

champrock Says
was the personality test a written round?

No..this wasn't written one..Immediately after GD,we had this in that conference room..It seems like introducing yourself to your fellow aspirants ;)

@shruti

Thanks for sharing ur experience...cn u tell in acads they r asking questions deep inside or just the basics things....????will they ask u ur favourite subjects first or randomly ne subject is being picked up by them????
thnkx a lot in advance

Well,in my case they asked me to tell the papers I am comfortable with or find that interesting..
well basic or deep down depends on your knowledge ..how much you know about the subject?I would rather say it was basic but in my case,I didn't prepared too well:|
Hope that helps:)

well here's my experience of d GP/pi process of Mbe held 2day...
reaxhed on time at 9
dere were around 20-22 ppl...mostly 90% frm BCOM background....
i heard frm d seniors conducting d admissions process dat professors were specially cald frm MIB nd other courses so dat dey cud grill us wid bcom subjects....
neways..1st v were asked 2 submit d photocopies of r original certificate.
10th nd 12th marksheets nd passing certificates,both
graduation marksheets nd bonafide certificates if in d final yr of graduation
a short presentation bout d course followed

den d actual process started at around 10:15
v were divided into 2 grps of 10-12 ppl....
i was in grp 1.....my pi was conducted 1st while d other grp was sent 4 gd nd personality test
dere were 6 interviewers in d room...
i was asked questions on various subjects like accounts,law,stats,economics...d accounts professor was quite tough 2 please..but i wasnt asked ne technical ques on economics:clap:....a very general 1 infact....but other ppl in my grp were asked quite a few ques on economics..
my gd topic was "THIRD FRONT"....gave 4-5 good points.....it was followed by a personality test in which u were supposed 2 introduce urself,tell bout ur aim in life..y do u wana join MBE etc
overall i think i did fairly well.....
ATB 2 d rest of u.....

Is there anybody appearing for gd/pi on 27th?
Whether they call us in the order of our respective scores or past academic records? I know, It is not in alphabetical order.
Please clarify.

Is there anybody appearing for gd/pi on 27th?
Whether they call us in the order of our respective scores or past academic records? I know, It is not in alphabetical order.
Please clarify.

Well a senior had posted before that students are being called for interviews according to their backgrounds.

And I think 27th is for science/technical background.

I know this coz i have been called on the 27th and am from science background.

Im doing my btech in CSE....have my gdpi on 26th at 1:30 pm!!!!!