GATE prep by quitting job???

I am a graduate of 2013 in cse engineering. I wanted to pursue mtech from a nice college but my entrance exam (GATE 2013) rank was poor and i couldnt manage to. I had then joined a company as a trainee software engineer. Its a year now that i have…

I am a graduate of 2013 in cse engineering. I wanted to pursue mtech from a nice college but my entrance exam (GATE 2013) rank was poor and i couldnt manage to. I had then joined a company as a trainee software engineer. Its a year now that i have joined but i am feeling now that i have not learnt anything in this tenure. Besides, the work doesnt interest me as its more of a stereotype work and no brainstorming to do.My office hours are 7 30 am to 4 30 pm and i come home by 6 30 pm. I dont have work at office and everyday i have to kill time as am idle.reading newspapers arent allowed in the office. I am planning to take up the preparation for GATE 2015 once again and want to get a v good score as i want to shift to the research sector. Is this what IT sectors are like? No work and just killing time, pretending that u are working a lot? my first job has nipped the blossom in the bud of my interest towork in an IT firm. Now i want to start studying seriously for the exam. I have decent understanding of the basics. I was wondering if i should quit my job around september which would leave me with 6 months to prepare, meanwhile i keep preparing in the time i am back from office. But after office i am too exhausted to study. I tried studying a few days with a lot of determination, but then when i reach office, all my motivation is lost when i return home that day as there is no competitive environment around. Or should i continue my job?and how do i get the determination to study