GATE 2017: Admit Card, Syllabus, Result | PaGaLGuY

Join the discussion on GATE 2017 and Get all the details about GATE Exam Date, GATE Admit Card, GATE Syllabus, GATE Answer Key, GATE Result and Much More...

Friends....Gate 2017 is organizing by IIT Roorkee.....It is the entrance exam for Mtech in prestigious institute and PSUs......Let us discuss each topic of mechanical engineering in this foreum......all are welcome...:)

HEY all d best to GATE 2017 aspirants...

top marks in mech .. 94 and 500 ranker has nearly 73 i think..

so guys ur AIM is to be above 75 marks.. so that u are on safe boundary..

guys.. anyone those who require MECHANICAL HAND WRITTEN NOTES.. plss msg me i will forward u all the material i have..

I GOT 370 AIR - SELF PREPARATION WITH THESE NOTES ONLY..

make sure that u do a test series.. and made easy is one of the best u can write.. 

ALL D BEST

this page in facebook is good for gate aspirants......daily update of gate questions for mechanical.....

IES GATE Exam Questions - Mechanical

https://www.facebook.com/GATEInsider/

made easy notes.....

http://www.fresherer.com/2016/04/made-easy-hand-written-class-room-notes_9.html

some random question papers......

http://www.fresherer.com/2016/05/objective-questions-or-mcq-for_7.html

guys.....anyone brought ace online test series???hw is it???

GATE practise questions.. check in this link..

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxfQqBdt-h66ZmpPQzZwaVBBekE&usp=sharing

Q - which one of the following represents a group incentive plan a ) halsay premium plan b ) Lincoln plan c ) rowan plan d ) bedaux plan

• Lincoln plan
  • Halsy premium plan
  • Rowan plan
  • Bedaux plan

0 voters

R chart gives

• Mean measurement of sample
  • Mode measurement of the sample
  • None
  • Median measurement of the sample

0 voters

In forced vibration the magnitude of damping force at resonance equals

• Inertia force
  • Infinity
  • Spring force
  • Impressed force

0 voters

Guys in this question one option was typed wrong. So choose correct option In electric discharge machining material is removed through - a ) evaporation and melting b ) erosion c ) shearing d ) tearing

guys......max shear stress of thin cylinder is (hoop stress/2) or ((hoop stress)-(long stress))/2???........what about the radial stress in the thin cylinder???

Heat transfer takes place according to (a) zeroth law of thermodynamics (b)first law of thermodynamics (c) second law of thermodynamics (d) third law of thermodynamics

BRO.. IF U KNOW ANSWER PERFECTLY TO A QUESTION... THEN ONLY ANSWER IT.. BCOZ OTHER PEOPLE WILL CONFUSE WITH THE DIFFERENT ANSWERS WE GIVE...

plss make sure that try to ask a bunch of questions in one post only.. so that we can solve and post the formula and answer in comments..

ALL D BEST people...

Answer @nksdce

the site will active from 25 june.....

http://gate.iitr.ernet.in/

HELLO BROTHERS... IAM FOURTH YEAR PASSING OUT STUDENT.. I HAVE  GIVEN GATE 2016.. I GOT 77.35 MARKS AND 836 SCORE.. SO EASILY U CAN GET 85 MARKS IN GATE WITH SIMPLE PREPARATION.. I MADE 5.35 MARKS WRONG DUE TO TENSION AND HURRY BURRY...

MY PREPARATION STRATEGY: 1.5  YEAR THAT IS MY THIRD YEAR AND FOURTH YEAR AND DAILY 5 HOURS IT USED TO BE

1) MATHS ( NEARLY 15 MARKS)

read the PDF i have given in mail and BUY ENGG MATHEMATICS OF MADE EASY PUBLICATIONS.. thats enough and practise previous papers of gate and do a TEST SERIES enough u will get 12 marks easily and other 3 marks depends on ur luck..

2) ENGLISH ( NEARLY 7-8 MARKS)

for this see YOUTUBE... JAMES ESL ENGVID nearly there are 175 videos each of 10 mins.. see 2 videos daily.. and READ HINDU NEWSPAPER HEADLINES.. DAILY.. thats enough for english... dont waste ur time in preparing extra things

3) APPTITUDE ( NEARLY 7-8  MARKS)

solve previous years papers... of GATE , UPSC papers.. daily 5-10 questions enough... and DO A TEST SERIES.. u will get gud marks in aptitude

4) DESIGN ( 12-18 MARKS)

READ PDFS I HAVE GIVEN SOM, MD( 13, 14), TOM and 3 topics are missing from that TOM PDF.. so read RS KHURMI ( CAM, ROTARY AND RECIPROCATING BALANCE, GYROSCOPIC MOTION).. thats enough... u will get easily 90% of DESIGN marks in that paper on that day.. solve previous years papers of GATE IES ISRO... TEST SERIES

5) THERMAL( 15-20 marks)

READ PDFS I HAVE GIVEN.. ENOUGH..  solve previous papers..GATE ISRO IES.. and a TEST SERIES

6) PRODUCTION( 20-23 MARKS)

buy a book SWADESH KUMAR SINGH.. OF MADE EASY PUBLICATION .. and READ CASTING, MATERIAL SCIENCE, METROLOGY,METAL CUTTING AND WELDING.. dont read METAL FORMING in it.. AND ALSO PDFS... read them... do a previous years papers GATE IES ISRO.. enough and A TEST SERIES

7) IE and OR( 5-6 marks)

READ PDFS... and watch in youtube OR BY SUJOY RAVI... it will help u a lot..and practise IES GATE ISRO.. TEST SERIES.. enough

8) FMHM (5-8 marks)

READ PDFS... and PREVIOUS PAPERS OF ISRO GATE IES.. TEST SERIES... if interested u can watch FMHM by S.K.SOM in NPTEL from IIT KGP..

BRO PREPARE SMARTLY.. DONT OVER PREPARE AND DONT WASTE UR TIME.. FOR 85 MARKS this preparation is more than enough and you will be in TOP 100

In gate syllabus, dere is nothing clearly mentioned about IC Engine syllabus. The gate syllabus for IC Engines is:

I.C. Engines: Air-standard Otto, Diesel and dual cycles.

I m referring v ganeshan for dat.

So how much should I prepared in IC Engines?

Is Otto, Diesel & Dual cycles preparation is enough from IC

for gate 17?

INTERESTED PEOPLE CAN APPLY TO TECH POSTS IN AIRFORCE AND LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS ARE 30 JUNE.... BASED ON % OBTAINED IN BTECH ... SHORTLISTING WILL BE DONE AND FOR TECH POSTS .. A TEST IS BEING CONDUCTED... PLEASE CHECK OUT 

WWW.CAREERAIRFORCE.NIC.IN