Future as a trader

Hi, How fruitful will a career as a trader be 10-20 years from now? I heard and a read a lot of articles of algo trading and their capability to replace real traders in the future? I’m sorta split between making a career between IB or S&…

Hi,

How fruitful will a career as a trader be 10-20 years from now? I heard and a read a lot of articles of algo trading and their capability to replace real traders in the future?

I'm sorta split between making a career between IB or S&T; and am leaning more towards S&T.; But after reading about stuff like tech replacing traders etc etc, i'm not quite sure.

Thanks,
KJ

me also interested in the same answer.

-----edited------sorry wrong post

Since trading is a different career altogether and other people might be interested in it as well, discussions on trading as career can be continued here ! 😃

Hoping that the thread helps all who are interested in building the career in the field.

All the best!

career as a trader is high risk-high pay job. hours are good (you follow a market), pay is dependent on how you,floor and the firm perform.

but beware: the skills transferable are nothing, if fired or want to exit the area, you can't do anything except try entrepreneurship. however, if you are a good trader, you can exit the game after 4-6 years and walk away with loads of cash

sunnypollard Says
Ok, If I dont want to take up trading as a career but rather get involved in it, am I looking at some training courses to begin with or I will just have to learn it by myself in the market itseslf... any pointers

I imagine, you want to take trading as a hobby only. Trainings do help, but when you get burnt it will be your capital that you will see disappearing. so my advice would be: take trainings, prepare yourself mentally, and limit your exposures.

you can check out: traderji.com

what is scope of option trading as career

could anybody provide outlook on different types of trading related jobs in
a company

not exactly as a hobby I would say.
and yes, I am aware of capitals disappearing. though actual risks involved would be more visible once I start trading.

minimum capital advice?

there is no answer to it..but if i were you, i would play with the money that i am comfortable in losing..so it depends on your financial capacity
By minimum I meant the minimum amount needed to enter the market.

Any pointers?

Yeah, i answered that quesn only

you could start with Rs. 100 and if you become successful, you can say in an interview "yeah I started my career with 100, now I have X"

How hard is it to get a trader role in any of these boutique or prop trading firms?

I'm currently working at the operations side in a BB, but it would be great if i could start trading at the earliest possible,