Fuqua (Duke) fall 2008 aspirants

Starting a thread for fuqua aspirants… i’ve come across quite a few applicants for fuqua… lets get together here… am a round 1 applicant… just got an interview invite today… had abandoned hopes… a very pleasant surprise after a…

Starting a thread for fuqua aspirants... i've come across quite a few applicants for fuqua... lets get together here...

am a round 1 applicant... just got an interview invite today... had abandoned hopes... a very pleasant surprise after a ding from chicago yesterday...

ppl already interviewed... plz post your experiences here...

Starting a thread for fuqua aspirants... i've come across quite a few applicants for fuqua... lets get together here...

am a round 1 applicant... just got an interview invite today... had abandoned hopes... a very pleasant surprise after a ding from chicago yesterday...

ppl already interviewed... plz post your experiences here...

Hi Tentenan,

Did you recently leave a similar post on the BW forum as well. I read it this morning and came across something similar on PG now. Are you done with your interview? I had mine a few weeks ago in Bangalore.
It was regular stuff but my hopes are not too high cos he said at the end that Im a strong candidate but the chink my armor is my work ex of 2.5 yrs which is way less than most other applicants i.e. 5 6 yrs atleast.

Cheers,
FM

Strange, I thought results come out on Jan 18th. I didn't get an interview invite but still pin hopes on my application and the words that 'Interviews are not mandatory for the application process' :)

Strange, I thought results come out on Jan 18th. I didn't get an interview invite but still pin hopes on my application and the words that 'Interviews are not mandatory for the application process' :)

Yep, Jan 18 is the R1 decision date. But I want to ask them if there's any chance they'll tell me my decision - Ding, yes, waitlist whatever by Jan 14 atleast cos I've bought time from HEC Paris to pay up my deposit. Have you been following the Duke thread on BW, you might wanna check it out if you haven't.

All the best!
FM

Hi guys,

I am working in Bangalore now, and applying to Fuqua in R2. Am almost ready with my essays, will submit it as soon as i get a confirmation of my recos being submitted.

Tentenan and funkymonkey.. It would be great if you would shed more light on your profiles and the details of the interview - who took it, wat was asked, etc.

My profile: 720/2.5 yrs WE (six months to date in the role of a lead)
Strong acads, very strong extra-curriculars and Community service.

Cheers,
dasi

Hey all

Did any one of you send any hard-copies of the transcript or the proof that the medium of instruction at the undergraduate college was English (Im taking exmption for TOEFL on the basis of this) beforer submitting your app?

I intend to submit mine for R2.

TIA for your help

Hey all

Did any one of you send any hard-copies of the transcript or the proof that the medium of instruction at the undergraduate college was English (Im taking exmption for TOEFL on the basis of this) beforer submitting your app?

TIA for your help

Even I had asked for TOEFL exemption but they said they didn't require any proof/transcripts for application review.

Hi Tentenan,

Did you recently leave a similar post on the BW forum as well. I read it this morning and came across something similar on PG now. Are you done with your interview? I had mine a few weeks ago in Bangalore.
It was regular stuff but my hopes are not too high cos he said at the end that Im a strong candidate but the chink my armor is my work ex of 2.5 yrs which is way less than most other applicants i.e. 5 - 6 yrs atleast.

Cheers,
FM

yes, i posted one in the BW forum too. I have my interview on 31st.
I have 3.5 work ex, ie will be 4 when i join.

Dont worry, you never know. which other schools have u applied to?
Can you please elaborate on the questions asked?

-tentenan
Hi guys,

I am working in Bangalore now, and applying to Fuqua in R2. Am almost ready with my essays, will submit it as soon as i get a confirmation of my recos being submitted.

Tentenan and funkymonkey.. It would be great if you would shed more light on your profiles and the details of the interview - who took it, wat was asked, etc.

My profile: 720/2.5 yrs WE (six months to date in the role of a lead)
Strong acads, very strong extra-curriculars and Community service.

Cheers,
dasi

3.5 we IT/M/770 ... decent acads and extra currics. but as commonly said essays can indeed make a hell lot of difference. do them well.

i havent had my interview yet. will surely post my experience.

-tentenan
yes, i posted one in the BW forum too. I have my interview on 31st.
I have 3.5 work ex, ie will be 4 when i join.

Dont worry, you never know. which other schools have u applied to?
Can you please elaborate on the questions asked?

-tentenan

Where are you located? Go through various forums to pick up pointers for the Duke interview cos they pretty much follow a standard set of questions. Even the hatke questions are from their standard Question list.
Ive also applied to Darden, got the interview notification but as instructed am waiting for the alumnus to get in touch with me.
I got into Ivey in Canada but am not interested.
Am mostly going to HEC Paris unless Duke comes through its a tough situation cos HECs given me a confirmation extension till Jan 15 and Dukes decision is on Jan 18!!
Still havent heard from Haas.
Hey all

TIA for your help

I second Catapult. They said I dont need to send TOEFL scores but didnt reqquire hard copies of my transcripts. My joy however was shortlived cos I had to give TOEFL for Haas anyway

Hey good to see duke thread. Any idea when will the decisions be out?

movernshakker Says
Hey good to see duke thread. Any idea when will the decisions be out?

Round 1 - Jan 18

My profile as asked earlier: 27/F/680/Doc/2.5 yrs in education industry - Gen Mgmt and Ops
EC - okayish, Comm Service - health camps etc

Am so envious of you 23 and 24 yr olds - what a headstart you have:-)

Cheers,
FM

Hey I know its 18th Jan but what I ment was, when do they start sending out calls? Is it on the last day itself or can we expect something a bit in advance??

movernshakker Says
Hey I know its 18th Jan but what I ment was, when do they start sending out calls? Is it on the last day itself or can we expect something a bit in advance??

Admits/Dings/Waitlists etc are on18th and I dont think release any before that although Im gonna request them anyway.
As far as I've heard, they sent out to interview calls to whoever they wanted to by Nov 30 but thats probly not accurate.

Hi,
I would be really thankful, if somebody can throw light on as to if the recos can be submitted by recommenders after submitting the online application. Please reply fast as today is the deadline and my recommender is out of town today.

Thanks,
Harsh

Harsh, As far as I know everything needs to be submitted by 3rd Jan 11:59 pm EST (Check on fuqua site if its 5 pm EST ) that mean 4th Jan 10:29 am (IST). Call your recommender and ask him to submit tomorrow early morning before 10 am.
Also You can submit your application regardless of the recommendation but it wont be considered if recommendation is not submitted by deadline.

Hi,
I would be really thankful, if somebody can throw light on as to if the recos can be submitted by recommenders after submitting the online application. Please reply fast as today is the deadline and my recommender is out of town today.

Thanks,
Harsh

Most schools are considerate.
You can call them up, and there are most likely to give you an extension.
Dont worry.

Thanks tentenan!!! That surely gives me respite. He sent it a day after.