Fuqua Admit Class of 2009

Hey guys, I have been given a deferred admit to the Fuqua Class of 2009(joining next fall). :: Had 7 months work exp at the time of applying (R3) and Got a 730 on my GMAT.

Hey guys,

I have been given a deferred admit to the Fuqua Class of 2009(joining next fall).

Had 7 months work exp at the time of applying (R3) and Got a 730 on my GMAT.

Gr8...!,

Can you post your profile for the benefit of 07-09 junta..?

Got lot of time on your hands.

Well .....

GMAT - 730(49/41)
UG - B.Tech IIT M
Work Ex - Currently 10 months IT Work Ex .... 7 months at time of applying
Extra Cur - Decent ... not all that great ...

Comm Service - Good - Involved in a coupla projects during and after college.

:)

Gr8...!,

Can you post your profile for the benefit of 07-09 junta..?

Got lot of time on your hands.

wow! congrats. work ex where?

Hey guys,

I have been given a deferred admit to the Fuqua Class of 2009(joining next fall).

Congrats buddy....
Indeed an achievement with just 7 months of experience when applying!!!
Did the adcom provide you with reasons for deferring your admission? Were you asked to pay a part of your fees?

Congrats dude,

With so little work ex also you got into one of the best b schools...Kudos.

Azeem

They felt that I would benefit more from the Fuqua MBA ... with one more year of work ex.

yup have to pay to secure the seat ... not a part of the fees but a token amount.

Congrats buddy....
Indeed an achievement with just 7 months of experience when applying!!!
Did the adcom provide you with reasons for deferring your admission? Were you asked to pay a part of your fees?

Congrats dude! That is one helluva achievement! ATB for Class of 2009. Are you gonna try elsehwere during this one year ?

They felt that I would benefit more from the Fuqua MBA ... with one more year of work ex.

yup have to pay to secure the seat ... not a part of the fees but a token amount.

Gr8888.... You can now afford to relax for a year!!! 😃
Hey guys,

By the way, m sure all the admission gurus and seniors must have advised you not to apply with a work ex as low as 7 months!!!

Just wondering what made you apply in spite of all the critiques!!!

Mind blowing conviction and mind blasting result!! Something to learn for all us PGs out here...

Congrats once again!!

Excellent DUDE !!!
Now dream Durham ...............

Might .... Still Contemplating .... Hope Fuqua will offer me some $$$ (dunno what the chances are ) ... but i m hoping ...

meanwhile ... also contemplating a job switch(function) ....
if I do ... it might make it a bit difficult to apply next year ... will have 10 months in one job and some 7-8 months in another.

any thoughts????

pagalguy Says
Congrats dude! That is one helluva achievement! ATB for Class of 2009. Are you gonna try elsehwere during this one year ?
Might .... Still Contemplating .... Hope Fuqua will offer me some $$$ (dunno what the chances are ) ... but i m hoping ...

meanwhile ... also contemplating a job switch(function) ....
if I do ... it might make it a bit difficult to apply next year ... will have 10 months in one job and some 7-8 months in another.

any thoughts????

Hey Manu,
where u buddy. did u join Fuqua finally. I am sure U have passed out.