FT - Global MBA Rankings - 2007

Hi Guys, FT has come up with its latest global MBA rankings for 2007. The link is: FT.com / Business education Waiting for everyone of you to pour in your comments on this. :: rahul

Hi Guys,

FT has come up with its latest global MBA rankings for 2007.
The link is: FT.com / Business education

Waiting for everyone of you to pour in your comments on this.

rahul

Hi Guys,

The link is: FT.com / Business education

Waiting for everyone of you to pour in your comments on this.

rahul

Rahul,

HEC has climbed again!! 😃

I haven't seen their earlier ranking (I am more of BW person). But 11, 19 and 25 seem to be too off the mark.

Cant believe Tepper below Univ of Arizona, Rochester-Simon, Michigan-Broad.!!

Well, well it is good to see the various rankings but I would suggest that you should not base your selection solely based on these ratings. There are various institutions that ranks the various business schools in the world. They have varied and different criteria. Sometimes a business school might not participate in their ranking. Therefore you can never judge a business school completely based on their ranking. These are some of the reasons why you see that business schools moving up and down the ladder in different business school rankings.

FT rankings take many criteria, and they give lot of importance to Placement and Industry Reputation. Hence the aberrations!

Best would be to click on the colleges and view the individual rankings given for each criterion.

Rahul,

HEC has climbed again!! :)

yup. u wanna change ur decision ? 😉
itsrahul Says
yup. u wanna change ur decision ? ;)

U Bet, the dilemma's back again!!! :satisfie:
jat_pagla Says
U Bet, the dilemma's back again!!! :satisfie:

Back again.. Its always there ....

And it looks like a joke. H and S are No.1. Period. Any ranking that doesn't acknowledge this should not be taken seriously. I saw Yale SOM at No.10 and did not read further.

Forbes, BW and FT none list H and S as no. 1.
That leaves us with only US News.

I'd rather see how a school is progressing on a particular list than the absolute rank.

Susie Derkins Says
H and S are No.1. Period. Any ranking that doesn't acknowledge this should not be taken seriously.

Don't agree with this. Rankings r done on the basis of a number of parameters. H/W/S might not always remain no. 1 according to those parameters.
inblue Says
I'd rather see how a school is progressing on a particular list than the absolute rank.

i second this. This is what i actually am doing. Along with absolute rank, i am comparing the other parameters of schools viz a viz their values last yr. The true value of these rankings for me is that i can see how the stats for a school have been changing over the years.
Susie Derkins Says
And it looks like a joke. H and S are No.1. Period. Any ranking that doesn't acknowledge this should not be taken seriously. I saw Yale SOM at No.10 and did not read further.

H and S need not be the best schools in everyone's eyes :)
I'll speak of "fit" again 😁
Forbes, BW and FT none list H and S as no. 1.
That leaves us with only US News.

w.r.t. BW - they depend on a lot of info from the school. I think H/S/W decline to give them the data. Also, there is a side story that says W had some tiff with the BW folks some years ago and since then they have never ranked W no:1 😃 (perhaps reason why W wont give them the data)

Also - some accuse US news (or was it WSJ) as a ranking created especially to have H at number 1. Possible coz there are HBS alums all over the important positions all over the world. Needless coz HBS can easily say "i dont care abt rankings" and still top the "number of apps received".

The bottom line is that - each rank list is a list indicating diff aspects of the school.

FT rankings are based on feedback from the recent alumni of a school.

Following the rank list, I read a few articles in FT and one of them said "India has more B schools that US does" 😃 Can anyone digest the fact that India has almost 1000 B Schools?!?! I dont even know more than 20 schools i guess 😁

At the end of the day its fit..I agree..I am a person who likes close community and a medium class size so prefer Duke over Chicago or ..I am a person of Tech and analytical oriented..so will choose tepper over stern or yale..It purely depends on the personal preference and comfort and ..I believe if you take the right decision in joining a decent school that can give the stregths u r looking at then it does not matter which school. Ofcourse..Networking is always there and all the schools at top have a great network..and all the big corporations respect a decent MBA..

I agree with the concept of a fit .Does the slight up and down in the rankings matter unless there is a serious problem with the school and is witnessing a downward movement year on year.

On a different note, I had written about CEIBS in some other post. The school is attaining newer peaks year on year, with 2007 ranking being 11 (up from 21 in 2006)!!!!

Does anybody have any idea abt the school???

Regards,
Shravan.

Susie Derkins Says

Susie go grab a cup of chai and realize that the world goes way beyond your narrow and mistaken views. Period!

with due respect and appreciation

THE GURU

My employer is a US company and so is my spouse's. The HR folks said that BW is the most sought after ranking for recruiting followed by US News. Whatever that means. But, in general, BW and US News ranking are mostly followed while recruiting in US. Just my 2 cents. 😃