Frustrated and I need some inspiration/advice

Hi Puys.I have written everything this season.IIFT,CAT,JMET,SNAP,XAT,FMS.I thought i did well in SNAP but got only 88.5.I thought i would get a call from SIIB and SIBM-B.But it did'nt happen.This Feb,I will be completing 36 months in Accenture.I a...

Hi Puys.I have written everything this season.IIFT,CAT,JMET,SNAP,XAT,FMS.I thought i did well in SNAP but got only 88.5.I thought i would get a call from SIIB and SIBM-B.But it did'nt happen.This Feb,I will be completing 36 months in Accenture.I am really frustrated and worried abt my future.Im writing NMAT,MAHCET and MICA.I am not able to give my best to NMAT and other future exam preparations.Dreams of an MBA are slowly withering away.Someone plz tell me what to do.

srktugga Says
Hi Puys.I have written everything this season.IIFT,CAT,JMET,SNAP,XAT,FMS.I thought i did well in SNAP but got only 88.5.I thought i would get a call from SIIB and SIBM-B.But it did'nt happen.This Feb,I will be completing 36 months in Accenture.I am really frustrated and worried abt my future.Im writing NMAT,MAHCET and MICA.I am not able to give my best to NMAT and other future exam preparations.Dreams of an MBA are slowly withering away.Someone plz tell me what to do.

Hi
Life is indeed more unpredictable than our Met department.Have you ever thought of a life which is full of happiness and where there is everything smooth.I love eating chocolates but what if i had to only eat chocolates all the day and no rice and roti? I would start hating chocolates...right!!
Life is also like a roller coaster my friend,this is the beauty of it.Enjoy the happiest moments of life and when you are in pain remember those happy days and start enjoying the pain and i bet life will get more and more beautiful.
Now talking abt ur current situation.I think u are still working so don't plan to leave the job for MBA.Moreover self introspect yourself that why you really want to do MBA? Any specific plans and find that reason.Try to follow your passion whatever it may be,atleast you will be satisfied that you gave a try.Don't get under peer pressure.Faliures are part of life and the way to success gets through faliures.Learn from them.Keep faith on yourself and start loving yourself and your passion more and more and everyday.If not this year,you can do it next year.Remember life gives chances to everyone but its on us if we choose to fight or we choose to giveup.
When you will figure out the reason that why you want to do MBA and for that matter any other profession than things will become much easy.Its you who has to choose between satisfaction vs materialism.Love your passion and start work for it from now.Things get over when you giveup and don't fight.My best wishes are with you and hope that you will achieve your aim.I am giving a link to my blog where i write and hope that it will motivate you.
"Adolf Hitler was rejected by German army twice and what happened later is know to world"
My views my country
srktugga Says

hey buddy...we hav more things in common than u can possibly imagine...don't lose hope....if u hav applied to SCIT u probably hav chances of getting a call...and CAT results are not yet out...so technically..u still have a good chance of making it to a good school. By the way.. r u in BOFA?? if so which team;)
srktugga Says

bro,
read this Download ebook - All I wanted to speak about CAT and i am sure you wont feel frustrated/dejected in your future...............

hi buddy
u r not the only one.
my story is exactly similar to yours.
The only difference is that I have 18 months work-ex.
Things were not like this 2 yrs back.
I got 95%ile in cat 2007. It was easy getting 95%ile at that time.
Kash meye par leta.
I am sure that I got 30 in Xat this time.was satisfied. ultimately got 90%ile.
I was happy with my snap exam.got 86.75. n the rest is history.no calls.
rejected in iift (23) and jmet (5000 rank).

dont know what to tell you.
just concentrate on the happier things of life.
Frustration increases when you know that you missed 5 lollies in the cat xam.
neways, best of luck.
what I do to get rid of the frustration is enjoying every weekend, not enrolling to gd pi classes, giving gifts to all my relatives to make them smile(specially parents). I am an introvert kind of a person. Usually dont share my feelings with nebody.
Recession really made our life hell.
ATB.

Hi
Life is indeed more unpredictable than our Met department.Have you ever thought of a life which is full of happiness and where there is everything smooth.I love eating chocolates but what if i had to only eat chocolates all the day and no rice and roti? I would start hating chocolates...right!!
Life is also like a roller coaster my friend,this is the beauty of it.Enjoy the happiest moments of life and when you are in pain remember those happy days and start enjoying the pain and i bet life will get more and more beautiful.
Now talking abt ur current situation.I think u are still working so don't plan to leave the job for MBA.Moreover self introspect yourself that why you really want to do MBA? Any specific plans and find that reason.Try to follow your passion whatever it may be,atleast you will be satisfied that you gave a try.Don't get under peer pressure.Faliures are part of life and the way to success gets through faliures.Learn from them.Keep faith on yourself and start loving yourself and your passion more and more and everyday.If not this year,you can do it next year.Remember life gives chances to everyone but its on us if we choose to fight or we choose to giveup.
When you will figure out the reason that why you want to do MBA and for that matter any other profession than things will become much easy.Its you who has to choose between satisfaction vs materialism.Love your passion and start work for it from now.Things get over when you giveup and don't fight.My best wishes are with you and hope that you will achieve your aim.I am giving a link to my blog where i write and hope that it will motivate you.
"Adolf Hitler was rejected by German army twice and what happened later is know to world"
My views my country
Thanks a lot.I will try to look at life a little more positively.
srktugga Says
Thanks a lot.I will try to look at life a little more positively.

Life is about being positive so just enjoy each n every moment :)
Best of luck!! n don't forget to tell us,when you get your deserved success.

Man... i too m feeling so frustrated..
i started preparing for My MBA dream 6 months ago... i wasn't sure that il make it or not.. coz i had less tym.. but i studies hard... and after a few bad mocks... started getting average scores.. in 90+ range.. my mentors said.. u cn do it.. in d exam... and here i m in front of u ppl.. after getting a meagre 81.65 percentile in XAT.. while one of my classmate who always used to be jealous of me got 95%ile and now luks at me like i m a loser... 😞 😞 i feel so dejected.... i dunno who decieved me my luck or my hard work or wotever.... but i m feeling so dejected and frustrated... feeling lyk crying... 😞 😞

Man... i too m feeling so frustrated..
i started preparing for My MBA dream 6 months ago... i wasn't sure that il make it or not.. coz i had less tym.. but i studies hard... and after a few bad mocks... started getting average scores.. in 90+ range.. my mentors said.. u cn do it.. in d exam... and here i m in front of u ppl.. after getting a meagre 81.65 percentile in XAT.. while one of my classmate who always used to be jealous of me got 95%ile and now luks at me like i m a loser... 😞 😞 i feel so dejected.... i dunno who decieved me my luck or my hard work or wotever.... but i m feeling so dejected and frustrated... feeling lyk crying... 😞 :-(

Ansh if you feel like crying then i will suggest that do cry bcoz you will feel relieved.After that read my above post which i wrote in initial.I hope it helps.Best of luck!!

yea... cry do relieved... but i can't really figure out wot went wrong in d actual exam... why i had to be such a loser at d end... was it sheer luck at d mocks... 😞 :-(... these thoughts are just getting over me...
dunno wot is happening.. but ashhish thank u so much for making me little relieved...

:-( 😞

Palash_ Says
hey buddy...we hav more things in common than u can possibly imagine...don't lose hope....if u hav applied to SCIT u probably hav chances of getting a call...and CAT results are not yet out...so technically..u still have a good chance of making it to a good school. By the way.. r u in BOFA?? if so which team;)
Thanks a lot.I havent applied to SCIT but SIOM.What is BOFA by the way?I am in ITP in Hyderabad

Well, my story goes back to the year 2002, a grad from IIT CSE. I gave CAT 2002 little realizing its importance. Just gave it casually. Then, I got fooled that it is better to give CAT after 2 years work ex. Got into a company with 2 years bond in 2003. wanted 2 months preparation and i asked for leave, but they didnt provide me. so, i broke the bond and prepared for 2 months and got the calls from iim k,l. but, cudn't convert them.

Then, i worked for the next 1.5 years for CAT, always scoring more than 95%ile. This year CAT 2005 was the twister, since the focus changed from speed to accuracy. and i got the twist of my life with 33%ile in DI.

Then, all my plans got blank and i had to take up a job in May 2006. Then, again i worked for CAT again. This time again, i didn't secure into IIMs. In the meantime, i screwed up my technical skills and after 1 year of hard work, i was promised of team leader position in product based company. But, i was cheated due to some politics and in 2008, i had to leave my job for better prospects.

Then, came recession, lost my job and got into some contract job that didnt give boost to my technical skills. So, i planned to take once again for 2009 and worked day in and day out.

The competition has gone way beyond my expections and i dont know what my future lies now.

I didn't develop my technical skills, screwed up CAT and i am nowhere since the contract job has also ended. Now, after so many years, you can imagine where i am now. All my friends and my juniors are well settled and in good positions. I ditched plans to go abroad for further studies in 2003( bcoz i was depressed that my childhood sweetheart got married and i lost the meaning of life. and from then onwards as well, i didnt go abroad bcoz i had this sicko ideals of love for motherland which i regret now that i shud have gone abroad)

A grad from iit cse, with no strong technical skills, screwed up life. and suicide seems the only way for me. My life is completely messed up. I have plans to buy potassium cyanide for easy death from a well trusted resource. You can see how i am faring now.

My life is completely ruined.

look out for some 1 year MBA options, i have complied the list of 1 year options. http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/1-year-mba-vs-2-year-mba-25045416

With your kind of experience, i would not recommend you for a 2 year 'slow' program.

Cheers!!

Rahul
Europe Asia Business School alm
::::

srktugga Says

hey man cheer up .... there is not CAT is not bloooooooooooody end of the world .......

there are thousands of people who have done exteremly well after NOT doing CAT. I have similar story like yours but i choose to differ and done very very well in life (I drive a Land Rover in Dubai ........ do you call it a success!!) ......

Anyway, send me a pm if you wish to talk to me..

Take a +ve note and fly high ..... CHEERS !!

Well, my story goes back to the year 2002, a grad from IIT CSE. I gave CAT 2002 little realizing its importance. Just gave it casually. Then, I got fooled that it is better to give CAT after 2 years work ex. Got into a company with 2 years bond in 2003. wanted 2 months preparation and i asked for leave, but they didnt provide me. so, i broke the bond and prepared for 2 months and got the calls from iim k,l. but, cudn't convert them.

Then, i worked for the next 1.5 years for CAT, always scoring more than 95%ile. This year CAT 2005 was the twister, since the focus changed from speed to accuracy. and i got the twist of my life with 33%ile in DI.

Then, all my plans got blank and i had to take up a job in May 2006. Then, again i worked for CAT again. This time again, i didn't secure into IIMs. In the meantime, i screwed up my technical skills and after 1 year of hard work, i was promised of team leader position in product based company. But, i was cheated due to some politics and in 2008, i had to leave my job for better prospects.

Then, came recession, lost my job and got into some contract job that didnt give boost to my technical skills. So, i planned to take once again for 2009 and worked day in and day out.

The competition has gone way beyond my expections and i dont know what my future lies now.

I didn't develop my technical skills, screwed up CAT and i am nowhere since the contract job has also ended. Now, after so many years, you can imagine where i am now. All my friends and my juniors are well settled and in good positions. I ditched plans to go abroad for further studies in 2003( bcoz i was depressed that my childhood sweetheart got married and i lost the meaning of life. and from then onwards as well, i didnt go abroad bcoz i had this sicko ideals of love for motherland which i regret now that i shud have gone abroad)

A grad from iit cse, with no strong technical skills, screwed up life. and suicide seems the only way for me. My life is completely messed up. I have plans to buy potassium cyanide for easy death from a well trusted resource. You can see how i am faring now.

Hey dude Lyf is like an action packed/ Melodramatic story and pls dont think of ending it in such a way. I m also more or less in the same boat. I can understand how it feels, but tell me one thing. Is lyf all about CAT?? weren't plp successfulll and happy before cat. Not just cat. Career wise too, you have a lot of options as such. If you think rationally you'll get them....more importantly always remember, everything is temporary and you'll definitely get your bit of success , Just hold on and never say I QUIT!!

Hey man! U r a grad frm IIT and talking like this.. Life is not about only cracking CAT... I do agree that u lost out your precious years but man still a lot and a lot of bright years are in front of you... Life is not fair always... IF it would have been then a so called fella wiser than me would not have quoted this "It's not always that the strongest and the fastest wins but always the man who thinks he can"... Come on man gear up.... Competition is in every sphere of life...People slogged day in and day out for their goals... A big loser all thru his life, Abraham Lincoln carried on his fight to become the president of USA and it's because of his efforts that a person Barack Obama could rise to the position where he is today...

Remember failures are the pillars of success... and battles are fought in the battlefield but won in the mind... so no matter how big obstacles you face in your life, keep your focus on your goals.. Sooner or later you will definitely achieve them...

C we always ask GOD for all the pleasure so that we can enjoy life.. But in turn GOD gave us life to enjoy all those pleasures... :)

Try playing with children, meeting people who are kind of radiators ( people who are optimistic and have a cheerful disposition), watch lots of laughter shows, and ya do watch that pursuit of happyness movie - you will realize what hardships that man got thru to become one of the most wealthiest persons of the world... last but not the least, fall in love once again... i know it's pretty hard for you to follow all this but nonetheless I know one thing for sure you will definitely achieve your goals...

a grad from iit that too from cse talking like that c'mon man u have already achieved something and getting into iit's is a great achievement u must have worked really hard for that so cheer up lad
if u think like this then what about other engineers/ppl like me who've only hope and no great college name to boast about
anyways to all depressed ppl out here plz read autobiographies of great leaders who inspite of all odds and difficulties never quit and finally succeed
It may bring some cheer

remember life is like a sine curve it has its highs and lows but important thing is it keeps moving on
i would like to conclude by saying that "life is beautiful its just that we need to change our perspective of looking at things"
if still things look gleam read up biography and list of failures of great leaders like abraham lincoln and others who despite their failures never quit and finally triumphed

hey man!! don't ever give up!! cat comes every year.. if not for this year then give your best shot the next year.. and also write the other management exams which are easier to crack.. 😃 and also consider going abroad now.. you can always decide to do an mba abroad... just write gmat... make a concrete plan.. visualize where you want to be after 3 months, after a year and most importantly after 5 years 😃 and also begin socializing with people.. there is one public speaking organisation called toastmasters where wonderful people meet once every week and its a lot of fun 😃 remember god has great things in store for you ! so NEVER GIVE UP AND ENJOY LIFE 😃

edited........