FRM Level 1- May 2011

Hi Guys, I am plannning to take FRM Level 1 in May 2011 and undertake coaching from IIQF, Delhi. Please let me know if any one is interested as a group of 4 members can avail a discount. Thanks, Vineet

Hi Guys,

I am plannning to take FRM Level 1 in May 2011 and undertake coaching from IIQF, Delhi. Please let me know if any one is interested as a group of 4 members can avail a discount.

Thanks,
Vineet

i am a fresher engg and doing my MBA in finance. Am i allowed to appear for FRM-MAY 2011???

bcoz in GARP site it is written in requirement as:

A minimum of two years professional full-time work experience in the area of financial risk management or another related field including, but not limited to, trading, portfolio management, faculty academic, industry research, economics, auditing, risk consulting, and/or risk technology.

Re: GARP - Requirements

plzz respond quickly as i m planning to give my shot for MAY FRM -2011

Hi Guys,

I am plannning to take FRM Level 1 in May 2011 and undertake coaching from IIQF, Delhi. Please let me know if any one is interested as a group of 4 members can avail a discount.

Thanks,
Vineet
I heard Pristine is quite goof for FRM.They give material/online/classroom coaching for FRM and authorised partner for FRM by GAAP.
i am a fresher engg and doing my MBA in finance. Am i allowed to appear for FRM-MAY 2011???

bcoz in GARP site it is written in requirement as:

A minimum of two years professional full-time work experience in the area of financial risk management or another related field including, but not limited to, trading, portfolio management, faculty academic, industry research, economics, auditing, risk consulting, and/or risk technology.

Re: GARP - Requirements

plzz respond quickly as i m planning to give my shot for MAY FRM -2011
I am a software engineer.That means I can not appear FRM

I plan to appear for the FRM 2011 Exam Part 1. I have read good reviews of Pristine for FRM Classes. Anybody Interested in joining Pristine Classes from Delhi? Also does anyone know when do classes start in Pristine?

I am also open to joining other classes like IIQF or others. So if anyone else is interested please respond to this message....

Hi all,
I am also planning to take frm in may-11
I find almost everyone in this thread coming from delhi.
So if anyone is interested in forming a study group please let me know.
Moreover I am also an engineer and so riding the same boat as most of u here.. :grin:

Hi All,

I am currently working in the Information Security and Risk Management domain. I also have experience with BIG 4 in infosec audits. However it is not into financial risk. Will this experience be relevant for FRM?

Hi All,

It is my pleasure to inform you that I passed both FRM L1 and L2 in the same attempt.I appeared for the exam in November 2010 and result was declared sometime back.

In case you need any help/first hand tips on the exam, feel free to send a private message.

gkrm

Hi All,

There seems to be confusion about the eligibility for the exam.Please note that 2 years of work experience is NOT a requirement for appearing for both L1 and L2. You can very well appear for the exams.However you can use the FRM designation and avail all the privileges that accompany the designation only after having relevant work experience of 2 years.Once you submit your CV, they verify your experience and issue certificate only after verification is done. Till that time, you cannot use FRM designation (like PhD holders cannot use Dr. till they defend their dissertation). You have 5 years to submit the proof of your work experience.If you fail to do that in 5 years time, you have to retake FRM.

But please note that there is no bar on appearing for exams. I cleared both L1 and L2 of FRM of November 2010. Guess how much relevant work experience I have! You got it right if you guessed ZERO.

So if this is the factor inhibiting you from taking FRM, remove that misconception at once.

gkrm

Hi All,

It is my pleasure to inform you that I passed both FRM L1 and L2 in the same attempt.I appeared for the exam in November 2010 and result was declared sometime back.

In case you need any help/first hand tips on the exam, feel free to send a private message.

gkrm

congrats dude!!

hi folks.. m workin as a business analyst.. plannin to appear for FRM in May 2011... d issue is my domain is pharmaceuticals.. wd like to know "gkrm" how much proficiency with financial jugglery wd i need to get through it.. wd also like to know about preparation material and its availability..
yeah.. i visited iiqf site and saw their frm prep courses..bt found them a bit expensive.. lemme knoe if they offer a group discount!!

Hi nscoinr,

FRM is a fairly challenging exam.So you need to be thorough in concepts otherwise it is difficult to pass.There is also sectionwise cutoff so you have to perform well in all the sections.I don't know if IIQF offers any group discount or not.I never attended any classroom sessions.I just referred to material and studied on my own.

I am sending the address where you can get the material on Private Message. If anybody else doesn't know the address, please send me a message and I will reply back with details.

gkrm

hi folks.. m workin as a business analyst.. plannin to appear for FRM in May 2011... d issue is my domain is pharmaceuticals.. wd like to know "gkrm" how much proficiency with financial jugglery wd i need to get through it.. wd also like to know about preparation material and its availability..
yeah.. i visited iiqf site and saw their frm prep courses..bt found them a bit expensive.. lemme knoe if they offer a group discount!!

Can u elaborate, which material did u study?

Hi nscoinr,

FRM is a fairly challenging exam.So you need to be thorough in concepts otherwise it is difficult to pass.There is also sectionwise cutoff so you have to perform well in all the sections.I don't know if IIQF offers any group discount or not.I never attended any classroom sessions.I just referred to material and studied on my own.

I am sending the address where you can get the material on Private Message. If anybody else doesn't know the address, please send me a message and I will reply back with details.

gkrm

I studied from FRM handbook, Schweser material and joined Pristine Career's online tutorials.Apart from that I also referred to John Hull's book on options and futures and Tuckman's book on Fixed Income Securities.

gkrm

mj_fin Says
Can u elaborate, which material did u study?

Can anybody send to me the FRM level I syllabus?

Can anybody send to me the May 2011 FRM level I syllabus?

Refer to http://www.iiqf.org/training-programs/frm/2011-May/FRM-2011-May-Syllabus.pdf FRM of May 2011 seems to have added a few things such as littlebit of calculus that was not a part of November 2010 exam.

Also please note that L1 of FRM is now called Part 1 and L2 is called Part 2. In the link given above,refer to Part-I syllabus in case you are taking only first part this May.

I found the link after random googling "FRM Syllabus 2011". The link is on the website of IIQF, that provides coaching for FRM.I am in no way associated with IIQF so I am not aware of the source from which they got the information and authenticity of the information.Also I will get no benefit from providing a link to IIQF (in short no monetary benefits are involved).

gkrm

dssnishank Says
Can anybody send to me the May 2011 FRM level I syllabus?

Thanks.
IIQF has designed their teaching couse, which is not exactly the FRM part 1 syllabus. Why GARP is not providing it?

In case you have already signed up for the exam, you will get access to detailed syllabus in your login on GARP website.FRM syllabus is dynamic and they change it every year.So it might take a while in case they have not already uploaded the syllabus but you will get access to it for sure.

gkrm

Thanks.
IIQF has designed their teaching couse, which is not exactly the FRM part 1 syllabus. Why GARP is not providing it?