Foster Washington - Fall 2010 Applicants

Hello Friends, I am an applicant for the Foster school of Business - 2010. I was not able to find any thread for this. So am starting a thread. I applied in R1 and have an interview scheduled for 4th Nov. My profile : GMAT - 730 …

Hello Friends,

I am an applicant for the Foster school of Business - 2010. I was not able to find any thread for this. So am starting a thread.
I applied in R1 and have an interview scheduled for 4th Nov.

My profile :
GMAT - 730
Ex - 5 years by next Fall
Ex-curriculars - Good

Anyone else applying for Fosters ??

Regards,
Wish.

Common guys...66 views and no reply yet....Nobody is applying to Fosters ??

Hi mba_wish,

Did you get an admit?

Hey what all supplemental material we need to submit..

two official transcripts :lookround: who asks for that... is it mandatory to send financial proof doc with application.. most of the schools asks for it only while issuing I20...

I havent even thot about my funding.. preparing this doc will mean missing the nov 15 deadline.

Please guide.

Hi heydharini, Nope. I have my interview scheduled for the 4th of november...keeping my fingers crossed :)

Cheers,
Mba_wish

We need to send all the supplemental material mentioned in the checklist. The financial proof doc can be submitted if and once admitted. I had written to the adcom.They replied back saying
"The proof of financial ability (and supporting documentation) is not a required part of your application"

Cheers,
Wish.

Hey what all supplemental material we need to submit..

two official transcripts :lookround: who asks for that... is it mandatory to send financial proof doc with application.. most of the schools asks for it only while issuing I20...

I havent even thot about my funding.. preparing this doc will mean missing the nov 15 deadline.

Please guide.

Hi mba_wish,

Wishing you all the best for your interview. I saw another thread in pagalguy (last year's thread) about interview...Check that out - it had some basic qns like why mba?, why foster etc..,

I am planning to apply for R2. Just working on the application...Do you have any inputs? what was the wow factor in yr app that helped u get an interview call?

Thanks,
Dharini

Hey frenz..
I'm thinking of applying to Foster R2.
However im little doubtful of my chances
GMAT 660/5.5, 4 years IT exp by Fall 2010.
Acads, Extra Currics, Community Service - Good
Shud say have decent recos too..
Anyone would like to comment on my chances..whether i shud go ahead or not..
Long term , I'm looking at a Cosnultant position in IT/technology managment etc. for which west coast is ideal..

Hi Dharini,

Thanks a lot. I did see the other thread.

About my app, Not sure what the Wow factor could have been. It possibly could have been my career goals being aligned with the school's strengths in the technology space. I guess being clear about your future plans and also some research on the school and bringing out the findings through your essays will help.

All the best for your app !!!

Regards,
Wish.

Hi mba_wish,

Wishing you all the best for your interview. I saw another thread in pagalguy (last year's thread) about interview...Check that out - it had some basic qns like why mba?, why foster etc..,

I am planning to apply for R2. Just working on the application...Do you have any inputs? what was the wow factor in yr app that helped u get an interview call?

Thanks,
Dharini

Hello ppl,

Had my iv last week with Tim Hossain...

Usual qs..
Why MBA ? Why now? Why Fosters ? etc, etc...

Keeping my fingers crossed...

Ne new applicants ??

btw, Got an admit from the university of Miami, Florida with 75 % Schol....let me know in case you have any contacts...want to know how worthy it is...have also started a thread for the University of Miami...Ppl interested or ppl with any info plz start posting the info you have...

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/university-of-miami-florida-fall-2010-applicants-25045779

Cheers,
Wish.

Hi Wish
Good luck for getting admit to a school of ur choice,
which other schools are u applying to
SDon

Thanks SDon. Have applied to MSU Broad and Boston. How about you ?

Hi Wish
Good luck for getting admit to a school of ur choice,
which other schools are u applying to
SDon

Hey Wish
Applied to SMU and U of Wisconsin..Preparing the Foster app now...can u comment on my chances..
I had PM ed u..
i dont have access to PG at work...
SDon

what are the essays for this program. I am logged in to their online application system, but on the essay/resume page I can only see a column to upload the resume. the essay field is empty. I am sure its a technical glitch.
if anyone can post the essay topics, would be great.
thanks.
regards,
vishwanath

Here are the essay questions...

1. Required for Full-time and Evening MBA Applicants (750 words maximum)
Applicants with a plan for the future and a good grasp of what is expected of them as MBA students are the most likely to succeed as MBA graduates. We know plans change and that people often pursue an MBA to create new career options. That said, we ask that you give us a clear statement of your current career plans. Your essay should answer all the following questions: What do you expect to do immediately after completing the MBA program? What steps have you taken to assess the viability of your post-MBA goals given your experience to date combined with your intended MBA study plans? What do you anticipate will be the primary challenges to achieving your career goals? What is your lifetime career goal? What unique aspects of the Foster MBA Program would contribute the most towards achieving your short term and long term goals?
2. Full-time MBA Applicants: PLANS FOR INVOLVEMENT (500 words maximum)
We consider a high level of involvement in student organizations, networking and career efforts to be a hallmark of the Foster MBA experience. Please describe your anticipated level of involvement as an MBA student beyond the MBA course requirements. In what specific organizations or activities will you participate? Where do you expect to make the greatest contribution to the overall MBA experience at the Foster School of Business? What aspects of your past or current life provide insights into your ability and willingness to consistently deliver more than the minimum effort required?

3. One of the following (500 words)
1. Describe a situation in a work environment that either severely strained your relationship with co-workers or challenged your personal values. How did you resolve the situation?
2. At this point in your career what do you consider your most significant professional accomplishments? How have these particular accomplishments affected the career choices you have made?
4. Optional (250 words)
Please include any other information that you believe would be helpful to the admissions committee in considering your application. For example, applicants have used this essay to explain a stretch of weak grades in college, an unusual job change, travel or time off not explained in the resume, or some particularly interesting or unique characteristic or experience that they were unable to discuss elsewhere in this application.

Hope it helps. All the best !!!

what are the essays for this program. I am logged in to their online application system, but on the essay/resume page I can only see a column to upload the resume. the essay field is empty. I am sure its a technical glitch.
if anyone can post the essay topics, would be great.
thanks.
regards,
vishwanath

Hey Wish
true that we need to focus on the task at hand and not the result!!
So i went ahead and pushed in the applicaiton for R2
now im planning to plan my plan B and plan C;)
as in fallabck if none of these convert :)
Good luck for all!!!!

Hi All,

I received an e-mail from Foster saying that Financial Documents are missing. I need to submit them before my application could be considered complete.

Has anyone else also received this e-mail? I was under the impression that one needs to fetch financial documents ONLY after he/she is granted admission...isn't it?....please correct me if I am wrong......

Hi All,

I received an e-mail from Foster saying that Financial Documents are missing. I need to submit them before my application could be considered complete.

Has anyone else also received this e-mail? I was under the impression that one needs to fetch financial documents ONLY after he/she is granted admission...isn't it?....please correct me if I am wrong......

I too received a similar mail for the financial documents to be submitted. Did you send any reply to them?

I havent!! I am kinda confused since in no way I can provide them the proofs....proofs for about 64,000 USD IN CASH is simply out of question for me RIGHT NOW!....thinking of just mentioning the break-up amount( as in personal savings, bank loans extra) and would try to assure them that i wud provide the proofs once m offered admission.....

what are you thinking about it?