Foreign MBA aspirants with less work experience (<3 years)

Hi fellas. This thread is to discuss the prospects of very young applicants (Less than 3 years of work ex at the time of joining) of foreign B-Schools. Kindly pour in your thoughts and inputs about the pros and cons of the early career choic…

Hi fellas.

This thread is to discuss the prospects of very young applicants (Less than 3 years of work ex at the time of joining) of foreign B-Schools. Kindly pour in your thoughts and inputs about the pros and cons of the early career choice.
Other applicants are also welcome to oblige us with their wealth of knowledge regarding the tedious application process.

I graduated in 2007 from NIT Warangal and has been working with one of the BIG 4 accounting firm since then. I will be applying for fall 2009 session and will go on to convert them :batman:

probably you can ask this in the following thread

phoren-b-school-2009-aspirants

Hey Itch,

The link that you gave seems to be broken. Moreover, my thread is quite different from the one suggested by you. Its a niche discussion group which caters esp. to young applicants.

hey mayank the link for the same is
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/phoren-b-school-2009-aspirants-25029052 and please look for similar threads before creating one
If you are targetting fall 2009 you should post on above mentioned thread

@mods Please close this thread

Cheers
Sillyfool

hey mayank the link for the same is
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/phoren-b-school-2009-aspirants-25029052 and please look for similar threads before creating one
If you are targetting fall 2009 you should post on above mentioned thread

@mods Please close this thread

Cheers
Sillyfool

Hi Sillyfool,

I appreciate your concern. However, it will make your life easier if you make efforts to understand something before passing a judgement about it.
My thread is absolutely different from your's. It is about applicants who have the disadvantage of lesser work experience (like me) . These applicants can be for 2009, 2010 or 2090 (ofcourse If the planet survives till then). Hence kindly abstain from requesting closure of a thread without understanding it's objective.
Have a nice weekend.

Mayank,

I'm still not sure why your query deserves a separate thread. Your entire app consists of many parts and work-ex is one of them. Somebody else is going to come along and say "What about ?? " Should I really have 3 separate threads running? Why you choose to do your MBA at this point is something you are going to have to explain in your essays and defend in your interview. Its a purely personal decision and i'm not sure what kind of discussion you are going to have that wont already be answered by the "Why Now" Question. The answer to that again is a personal reason.

Perhaps we could have a simple "Why Now?" thread??

Fair enuf...You can close the thread.
I had been traying to get inputs from fellow early career applicants as I am one of them. I had visited umpteenth threads but I could not see a single discussion where any early career applicant was taken seriously. Everyone had the same notion. Older men are prefered.
Neways....Will try to get information from some other source.

Fair enuf...You can close the thread.
I had been traying to get inputs from fellow early career applicants as I am one of them. I had visited umpteenth threads but I could not see a single discussion where any early career applicant was taken seriously. Everyone had the same notion. Older men are prefered.
Neways....Will try to get information from some other source.

It isn't about early applicants NOT being taken seriously. There are very few of them. And most schools also seem to admit candidates in and about the 3yr mark and above. That's because by then the candidate has spent time working and made some meaningful contribution to the workplace. Thus when it comes to class, he is more likely to have something to offer during the discussions. And peer learning is the one thing that really counts at an International b-school. HBS is the only school that does the 2+2 program.