FORE GDPI EXP.(2013-2015)

Hello everyone, Share your GD-PI experience here in the Format as mentioned!! Best of luck to all of you!! Format: Date & Venue: CAT score: Course ( PGDM/PGDM-IB/Both) : Xth %age: XIIth %age: Graduation Degree…

Hello everyone,

Share your GD-PI experience here in the Format as mentioned!!

Best of luck to all of you!!

Format:

Date & Venue:

CAT score:
Course ( PGDM/PGDM-IB/Both) :

Xth %age:
XIIth %age:
Graduation Degree and %age :

Work Experience in months(if any) :
Work-Ex sector:

GD Topic :
GD Time limit:
GD Experience :

PI experience :

Experience with the student coordinators:

Anything else you would like to share :

ATB!!!

no posts???

Good evening everyone!

The first day of the gdpi process went smooth. Good mix of work ex and freshers turned up for the process.

We being from the admissions cell are NOT authorized to divulge the exact GD topics and PI questions. However the aspirants who went through the process, feel free to share your experience here!

Information which I can share with you all here is that the GD Topics varied from areas related to social issues, politics and technical etc.

Advise the other aspirants to brush up their knowledge of current issues.

All the best!

@AkshayTyagi2011 sir did peiple felt inconvinience because of strike

what is the process like?? GD and PI or case discussion?? or essay or extempore etc etc..
saala har institute ka alag alag hota hai ki bache KANFUSE ho jate hain.. :D

@soni5 said:
@AkshayTyagi2011 sir did peiple felt inconvinience because of strike
No inconvenience due to the strike was reported.
@Stuppid said:
what is the process like?? GD and PI or case discussion?? or essay or extempore etc etc..saala har institute ka alag alag hota hai ki bache KANFUSE ho jate hain..
topic based GD. Before the discussion there will be a written ability test. In this you need to pen down your thoughts related to the topic. Try to be concise and show clarity of thought.
No extempore. GD will be followed by PI and document verification.
wriiten ability test ??? yeh kya hai ??
Can u plz explain properly ??
Just One GD topic. And you have to 1st write something abt it and then discuss amongst the group?? Am i Right ??
Also plz share the marks distribution in final selection..
Thnks.. :)
@Stuppid said:
wriiten ability test ??? yeh kya hai ?? Can u plz explain properly ??Just One GD topic. And you have to 1st write something abt it and then discuss amongst the group?? Am i Right ??Also plz share the marks distribution in final selection.. Thnks.
Yes your understanding is correct.
Weightage for WAT (written ability test) is not known.
Please check the GDPI queries thread for knowing the marks distribution criterion (the very first post)
http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/cat-and-related-bschools/2013-15-fore-school-ma-t-93878/p-3621928/r-4485902?page=1

The current thread is solely meant for the GDPI experiences.

@AkshayTyagi2011 WAT is done before the GD as in to write in ure points.... Or is it done Post the GD???
@nisterlooyroone said:
@AkshayTyagi2011 WAT is done before the GD as in to write in ure points.... Or is it done Post the GD???
It is done pre GD. Once you have written your views on a sheet, discussion commences and post that you need to submit the sheet.
@AkshayTyagi2011 How much time is given to pen down our thoughts ? Would we be able to make changes during the GD ? Will we be given time to organize written things after the GD or are they taken right after the GD ? TIA
@AIM_IIM_2013 said:
@AkshayTyagi2011 How much time is given to pen down our thoughts ? Would we be able to make changes during the GD ? Will we be given time to organize written things after the GD or are they taken right after the GD ? TIA
You may make changes during the GD.
Normally you wont be given any separate time to organize the written things once the GD is over. So write well to avoid changes later on.
You would be given roughly 5 to 7 mins for writing down followed by a discussion of 12 to 15 mins. Instructions will be given before the process so no need to worry about the time limit etc.

wondering why hasnt anyone posted their GD/PI experiences for Day1...

@gerrard_89 dont worry.........i'm left wid pi.......after rchng home......i'll write my exp

Here goes my exp............

Date & Venue:21/02/13 & Fore,Delhi

CAT score: 96%ile
Course ( PGDM/PGDM-IB/Both) :PGDM

Xth %age:82
XIIth %age:92
Graduation Degree and %age :B.Sc(H) Maths and 69%

Work Experience in months(if any) :Fresher
Work-Ex sector:

GD Topic :Dynasty rule in Indian democracy is an anachronism.
GD Time limit: 7mins to write then 10-12 mins to discuss and summarize individually......
GD Experience :It was good.......gav 3-4 good pts........nice......there were 10 ppl in my group......

PI experience :P1=1 Mam(silent throughout, just said ATB),P2=Prof Asif Zameer,P3=Alum(Arjun Wadhwa)
P2: 1)Tell me about urself and family background(told)
2)Draw y=1/x and law of large nos.(told)
3)Which newspaper & 3 headlines of today(told)
P3: Asked about eurozone crisis,north korea and sum more current affairs thats it........

Experience with the student coordinators:Gr8............

Anything else you would like to share :Yup....President of the institute was also sitting in the room...........don't know why??????

ATB everyone.........
@akshaes group 2 ??
Date & Venue: 21/02/13 & Fore,Delhi

CAT score: 96.28%ile
Course ( PGDM/PGDM-IB/Both): PGDM

Xth %age:89
XIIth %age:81
Graduation Degree and %age :B.Tech, CSE, 72.5%

Work Experience in months(if any): 18
Work-Ex sector: IT sector

GD Topic: Dynastic rule in democratic India
is an anachronism.ďťż
GD Time limit: 7 mins to write, 10-12 mins to discuss, everyone was asked to summarize individually.
GD Experience: Good...Not a fish market...everybody spoke...but the discussion was off-topic...the term anachronism was not explained by anyone...in the summary one guy tried to explain it...

PI Experience:
1st in my group to be interviewed.

3 members: 1 lady(L), 1 sir(S), 1 industry person(I)

S: So...tell us something about your background
Me: blah
I: What are you working in?
I: How do u think was the GD?
Me: good but off-topic...and mostly congress was discussed.
I: why
Me: the term anachronism was not pointed out by anyone at the beginning...but it was explained by someone while summarizing
I: ok..toh kya bahar jaake research karke aaye ho..smiles..
Me: No sir, usi time pata laga tha (:P)
I: ok..
S: Your backgroud in computer science?
Me: yes sir..
S: What does your father do?
Me: He has his own business
I: So who will carry on with the business after him..?...in India..there is "dynastic rule" (looks at the others and smiles)..so what will happen to the company?
Me: I don't have plans to take it up..he is looking for some options..
I: ok..
S: The Indian IT industry is going through a lot of turmoil due to the economic slowdown..Assuming u were the head of ur business unit...wat 2 steps would you take to get business?
Me: Misinterpreted the question..said the no. of managers outdo the no. of the actual working class..
S: so u will show them the pink slip?
Me: Not all of them...depends on the performance n all..blah..
S: But ye to tab hai when u have to save the business..u go for cost cutting...I am saying ki u have to get business..
Me: Ohh..in that case...diversify the business we do...and explore more technologies in order to better the way we serve them..
S: ok..
S: Who is the Minister of Science?
Me: Dont know... (Cudnt recall)
S: Minister of Commerce?
Me: Anand Sharmar
S: ok..so ur company wud come under which ministry?
Me: Ministry of Commerce..
S: Why?
Me: because we cater to the services...we don't develop any product from scratch...we are dealing with business..
S: ok..
I: who is the CEO of IBM? (that's where I work)
Me: Told
I: What is her background?
Me: Told
I: So, doesnt having a woman leader inspire u to be at that level?
Me: gyaaan
I: name 3 other women CEOs
Me: told
S: What is ur CAT score?
Me: told
S: This is ur first attempt?
Me: No..this is my 3rd attempt
S: ohh..nice improvement..so u have been trying since 2011?
Me: yes
S: ohk..so what has been the performance like?
Me: negative sine curve...cz in the first attempt..got 90..62 in 2nd n now this..
I: 62..!??!...y so??...
Me: blah
S: So why focussed on MBA?...u r trying since so long...
Me: blah..
I: ok..signals to the lady prof to take over
L: I have just one question for u...What are the requirements to cater to businesses outside india and domestic buisness?..give some 3 or 4 points.. (this ques was because of my mentioning my client)
Me: told..
S: what other options do u have?
Me: IMT,MDI, IMI, XIMB, IRMA
all three: ok..thank u..

Experience: More of an HR interview...No stress interview...
It lasted for about 15 minutes maybe..

Anything else you would like to share: Seniors were cooperative
All the Best for the ones yet to go thru the process...be confident..n honest..!!..that l b more than enuf to sail thru.. :)
@swati308 : seems you were not asked any tech q, so do u have any idea if people from CS field were being asked tech questions?? As my work ex