Football Club -- Part Deux

deleted
(it's impossible)

No, those are the matches Man Utd. loses :drinking:

Ya, actually many clubs wanted to buy him, but he's not a sell-out. We have to give him that.

Seeing how "touchy" man utd. supporters are about the Howard Webb issue, I will explicitly say, I was just kidding. :)

if he is a united fan i am happy with that.....but seriously dude you are nobody to question integrity of a professsional refree and respected one at that like howard webb
Premier League football news from the Barclays Premier League | Howard Webb awarded MBE
if he is a united fan i am happy with that.....but seriously dude you are nobody to question integrity of a professsional refree and respected one at that like howard webb
Premier League football news from the Barclays Premier League | Howard Webb awarded MBE


what, now I have to be a Pierluigi Collina to criticise Howard Webb ?

On these lines, may i know who are you to question even anybody with respect to international football ? Hope you get what i am trying to say.

And about Howard webb, it's fairly accepted he has his shares of "mistakes" which always helped Man United. You can live in denial, but i am certainly not the only one to question the "integrity" of Howard Webb.
Just to clear the air of you self proclaimed prophecy that Arsenal is most financially viable club

1. Just to clear United debt is not coz of Players acquisition or anythin, it is because United was bought by Glazers with the help of the money funded by this loan. Arsenal is 8th by Forbes in valuation list while United stood first in that surpassin Arsenal by good .6 billion

2. Arsenal has total revenue of 222 million whereas United's figure stood at 286 million quite contratsing huh...

3. Player wages are also similar 111 million for Arsenal and 131 million for United..Well if we can win somethin by spending 20 million extra on wages I am happy to see that...

4. Operating profits of United stood at 81 million (after interest payments) while it was 56 for Arsenal...

So please read enough before making sweeping comments....

was going to say the same thing....the debt is because of the glazers
united,SAF & giggs have won more premier league titles ie 11 than all thier rival put together ie 7.....how is that for an stat

Revealed: Manchester United get more injury time when they need it Football The Guardian

It's unlikely that United are the sole receipeints. If you are interested read this book Amazon.com: Scorecasting: The Hidden Influences Behind How Sports Are Played and Games Are Won (9780307591791): Tobias Moskowitz, L. Jon Wertheim: Books
Quoting "In soccer, the referee controls how much extra "injury time" is added to the end of a match. It turns out that injury time is longer when the home team would benefit. When the home side was ahead by a goal, there were two minutes of injury time, on average, in a sample of Spanish league games. But when they were *behind* by a goal, it was four minutes."
Just to clear the air of you self proclaimed prophecy that Arsenal is most financially viable club

1. Just to clear United debt is not coz of Players acquisition or anythin, it is because United was bought by Glazers with the help of the money funded by this loan. Arsenal is 8th by Forbes in valuation list while United stood first in that surpassin Arsenal by good .6 billion

2. Arsenal has total revenue of 222 million whereas United's figure stood at 286 million quite contratsing huh...

3. Player wages are also similar 111 million for Arsenal and 131 million for United..Well if we can win somethin by spending 20 million extra on wages I am happy to see that...

4. Operating profits of United stood at 81 million (after interest payments) while it was 56 for Arsenal...

So please read enough before making sweeping comments....


Thank you for all those stats. You could have wonderful stats overall at a club, but a club in debt is still in debt. A larger operating profit is useless if you are still in debt. It was not a sweeping comment, it was based on facts. I'd address any false information if you'd like.

Read any EPL analyst's opinion. Arsenal are the most financially viable club. And we are not tenants in our home stadium.

And speaking about refereeing at Old Trafford, how can you so very conveniently forget Drogba's goal at OT last year, which was a blatant offside?
That was the turning point of the season. If United had won that match, we could have gone on to lift the EPL trophy.
What i am trying to say, each club will have some decisions going their way, and some against. It always tends to balance out.

Thank you for all those stats. You could have wonderful stats overall at a club, but a club in debt is still in debt. A larger operating profit is useless if you are still in debt. It was not a sweeping comment, it was based on facts. I'd address any false information if you'd like.

Read any EPL analyst's opinion. Arsenal are the most financially viable club. And we are not tenants in our home stadium.


Just to contrast ur statements, since a larger operating profit is useless if a club is in debt similarly being financially viable is also useless if you can't win anything...

Also who doesn't own stadium out of big 4???
Its like saying United plays in UEFA therefore we are better!!!


Also Arsenal had a debt of about 400 million till few years back and still has about 135 million left...United has 500 million debt but a lot better income sources and situation, so I am still happy with the position we are in!!!!
That's my point, you were pulling out a random page make a point that you had no real clue about(I am guessing that your point was that referees favour United at home). I am saying that it's a fairly uniform bias at least on preliminary analysis.



Tell me one thing, why do we get such pages while we search for referee bias ? You can search for biases for the respective clubs I mentioned, you'll most probably find the links that I have furnished.
Even I asked you from a neutral perspective, still you end up with an attacking comment (I don't have any clue blah blah).
It's a fairly uniform bias only wrt to Man Utd. in English games, if not for the fact that the whole world/Google is biased against you guys.
And speaking about refereeing at Old Trafford, how can you so very conveniently forget Drogba's goal at OT last year, which was a blatant offside?
That was the turning point of the season. If United had won that match, we could have gone on to lift the EPL trophy.
What i am trying to say, each club will have some decisions going their way, and some against. It always tends to balance out.


Was expecting this.

You quote one, while most of us can recall tens and twenties which favoured you-know-who.
Tell me one thing, why do we get such pages while we search for referee bias ? You can search for biases for the respective clubs I mentioned, you'll most probably find the links that I have furnished.
Even I asked you from a neutral perspective, still you end up with an attacking comment (I don't have any clue blah blah).
It's a fairly uniform bias only wrt to Man Utd. in English games, if not for the fact that the whole world/Google is biased against you guys.


Well simply because there are many people who believe that Man Utd win more matches due to the biases. These are the most-clicked links, because the Man Utd is also the most hated club.
arion5 Says
Well simply because there are many people who believe that Man Utd win more matches due to the biases. These are the most-clicked links, because the Man Utd is also the most hated club.


Thank You.
Just to contrast ur statements, since a larger operating profit is useless if a club is in debt similarly being financially viable is also useless if you can't win anything...

Also who doesn't own stadium out of big 4???
Its like saying United plays in UEFA therefore we are better!!!


Also Arsenal had a debt of about 400 million till few years back and still has about 135 million left...United has 500 million debt but a lot better income sources and situation, so I am still happy with the position we are in!!!!


I'm glad you are happy with the situation. I was not digressing into who has won more/better club etc. That was besides the point I was trying to make. The point was that compared to other clubs in England, Arsenal are in the best position financially. That is the consensus. You are most welcome to have opinions contrary to most who know EPL finances in and out.
Tell me one thing, why do we get such pages while we search for referee bias ? You can search for biases for the respective clubs I mentioned, you'll most probably find the links that I have furnished.
Even I asked you from a neutral perspective, still you end up with an attacking comment (I don't have any clue blah blah).
It's a fairly uniform bias only wrt to Man Utd. in English games, if not for the fact that the whole world/Google is biased against you guys.


Yeah and ask poor ol' Man City how it feels.. Mark Hughes was absolutely baffled when yet more injury time was added to injury time for no reason whatsoever..and then that stupid undeserved Owen winner! had Man City been a bigger club, the refree most certainly would have apologized.. had the same happened against United, Mr. ferguson would have abused the refree so bad that even newspapers would feel sorry to publish it..!!
United have always had two things on their side.. LUCK and REFREES.. now go on denying it, but its a FACT!!
Tell me one thing, why do we get such pages while we search for referee bias ? You can search for biases for the respective clubs I mentioned, you'll most probably find the links that I have furnished.
Even I asked you from a neutral perspective, still you end up with an attacking comment (I don't have any clue blah blah).
It's a fairly uniform bias only wrt to Man Utd. in English games, if not for the fact that the whole world/Google is biased against you guys.

It's because News headlines like the one's you mentioned sell more papers. Who will read an article that says United get 52% of the decisions at home while getting 48% of them away from home(numbers are made up).
Don't really intend to attack you ,it's just that certain things tend to become so repetitive on Football message boards that you lose patience with them.
And speaking about refereeing at Old Trafford, how can you so very conveniently forget Drogba's goal at OT last year, which was a blatant offside?
That was the turning point of the season. If United had won that match, we could have gone on to lift the EPL trophy.
What i am trying to say, each club will have some decisions going their way, and some against. It always tends to balance out.

dev30 Says
Last year only Drogba scored only goal against manutd that was miles offside & that decided the title...then by your logic linesmen was on chelsea's side:thumbsup:


As expected, only one example.

And even in that match, that macheda goal was a bit contentious, cos it partly came off the hand.:thumbsup:
hehe...you got it right!!
btw...rmbr Birmingham beat you 1-0???2 months back??
Plz see their position in the standings...
enjoy...
and hide behind whatever on sunday


lol, I don't remember posting how we "avenged" our birmingham loss,or Sunderland for that matter, and "warned" the top teams that we are back in business. It's kinda BAU for us.

and you really don't want to start a who beat who, right?

for instance, stoke, blackpool, wolves,Northampton Town....
coolbryan_love Says
I didn't had much time so I copied this text from Redcafe, a reserach done by fellow United fan...


the judgements/verdicts are coming from that United fan, I presume?
Arsenal Provide The Least Value For Money To Fans While Blackburn Top Supporters Table - Goal.com
arre, no point getting hyper.....it was a genuine query...strange.
And those links were from dailymails and guardians, maybe/may not be neutral.
But when you post something which is researched by fellow united fans, questions are bound to be asked.

And FYI, arsenal has an excellent blog (arseblog). You must have heard about it.

and btw, people may not have enough data also to write about it, for the extra time "crap", for other clubs


Ha ha...I ain't gettin hyper...We have been in these fist fights with each other for long enuf, these are part and parcel of these thrd now... But lately things have gone from Good to Bad ..I juz hope they dun get worse...

I for 1 do not enjoy reading blogs and forums of any team (even United) I believe they are highly polarized and I went to Redcafe juz to digg some data out...I was in middle of an ongoin class and din really wanted to look for it myself...