FMS-Right to Information Act

want to know my written , GD/PI score, can we get to know through right to information act as in case of IIFT.

want to know my written , GD/PI score, can we get to know through right to information act as in case of IIFT.

i also want to know the same...both the rejects in FMS has really broken down my confidence and that too after a decent GD and a good interview

Hi pays,
Even I am very desperate to know my scores. after a fair interview it is really painful to get rejected. i am still not able to believe this and i am really anxious to know my scores so that i can atleast know what went wrong. guys please let us know the procedure.Thank You

I agree there should atleast be some transparency in the system

hello......

amitnsitian Says
i also want to know the same...both the rejects in FMS has really broken down my confidence and that too after a decent GD and a good interview

hey guys!! same here! with a decent gd/pi, good academic record and 20 months work ex me too didnt get thru FMS!!! :(
we gotta have some transparency!!
i know some ppl who did not even utter a word in the whole gd but still gettin thru!!!

same here guys...
tell u..it hurts wen u lose both FT and MS calls...and datt too with good gd/pi's..plus i feel the overall system might not be dat transparent..how come 50% girls in the final list! and most of the conversions being from NSIT/DCE( no pun intended!)..
i mean kuch to gadbad hai..I cannot believe i had a low score in both the exams(if 70% is wat exams have as a weightage)..
ok i am not malicing anyone..ppl who have got trhu deserve to be there..but for those who didnt,we have got every rite to knw why we were not selected! atleast tell us our test scores+the cut off..tale cues from IIFT!

Ive got a similar kind of a story.
Decent GD, Exceptional PI/Extempore.
Answered every single question they asked quite well.
And around 150 attempts in written with atleast 90% accuracy.
Gud acads and extracurriculars.
The only question is, wht more am i supposed to do to get through.

one can never really decide on what the interviewers look at in the interview. even i had good gd and very good pi/extempore.. had lots of hopes on FMS.. but the rejection clearly seems to point at a bad written score or some bias by FMS.. does anyone have any idea on how to invoke the RTI act ? i wud also like the same to apply to NITIE..

cheers

same here guys...
tell u..it hurts wen u lose both FT and MS calls...and datt too with good gd/pi's..plus i feel the overall system might not be dat transparent..how come 50% girls in the final list! and most of the conversions being from NSIT/DCE( no pun intended!)..
i mean kuch to gadbad hai..I cannot believe i had a low score in both the exams(if 70% is wat exams have as a weightage)..
ok i am not malicing anyone..ppl who have got trhu deserve to be there..but for those who didnt,we have got every rite to knw why we were not selected! atleast tell us our test scores+the cut off..tale cues from IIFT!

Hey guys pl dont mention DCE / NSIT as coz me even after being from dce with decent work ex , gd/pi/extemp/ , acads etc............. didnt get thru!!! guys i belive that thr are some hidden things that they are taking into consideration..........

Well, I do not hint at any hidden biases or anything but i believe things should be shown as transparent if they are transparent else accusations will always fly.
I agree there might be certain hidden factors like past academic record and work-ex which cannopt really be assigned a score (even though i think everything should be given a score with appropriate weightage) , atleast the other score should be declared so that the candidate atleast knows where he/she went wrong and what else is asked for.
Anyways, if these hidden factors play so much importance, i believe that they should not be allowed to appear in the written stage itself as a person doing well at all 3 surely needs to be selected.
I am not pointing any fingers to anyone(after all what can we do) yet i believe atleast a candidate coming this far should have the right to know where they went wrong and what else is needed if for next time.
I for a record wish to state that i did manage a convert at FMS(MS) though i had an average PI though a good GD. Yet i am not satisfied at the transparency shown by these colleges who should understand that a student's whole career is at stake and atleast have the courtesy of telling us what their criteria for selection are.

Well, I do not hint at any hidden biases or anything but i believe things should be shown as transparent if they are transparent else accusations will always fly.
I agree there might be certain hidden factors like past academic record and work-ex which cannopt really be assigned a score (even though i think everything should be given a score with appropriate weightage) , atleast the other score should be declared so that the candidate atleast knows where he/she went wrong and what else is asked for.
Anyways, if these hidden factors play so much importance, i believe that they should not be allowed to appear in the written stage itself as a person doing well at all 3 surely needs to be selected.
I am not pointing any fingers to anyone(after all what can we do) yet i believe atleast a candidate coming this far should have the right to know where they went wrong and what else is needed if for next time.
I for a record wish to state that i did manage a convert at FMS(MS) though i had an average PI though a good GD. Yet i am not satisfied at the transparency shown by these colleges who should understand that a student's whole career is at stake and atleast have the courtesy of telling us what their criteria for selection are.

i think we are all jus going on abt the RTI act shud be called on FMS also.. but does anyone actually know the procedure that needs to be followed ?
funkypratik Says
i think we are all jus going on abt the RTI act shud be called on FMS also.. but does anyone actually know the procedure that needs to be followed ?

I think somebody needs to approach the court and file some notice on FMS . Of course this has to be done after first talking to FMS and demanding the information required. if they refuse to give necessary notice we have to give them soem notice. But, i think we might as well have signed a declaration somewhere that the decision of admissions commitee is final and binding on the candidate and the institute reserves the right to abc or whatever. so the whole process may not even be tenable. IIFT declared scores perhaps because they had to get necessary approvals to start their kolkata campus but i doubt if FMS would even heed to such a thing. What can be done is that a complaint letter sent to AICTE stating the problems and wait for AICTE to follow up. Also, media might be approached to follow up the matter.
I am not aware of the exact procedures but these are just pointers in case somebody plans to pursue the case on these lines. But i seriously doubt the result of such thing as i am sure we must all be very legally weak to challenge an institute of FMS's stature and credibility.
Through this forum, what we were doing was just discussing the need for transparency in the admission procedures not pointing any finger on the same as i am sure they have nothing against anyone.
prachikdce Says
Hey guys pl dont mention DCE / NSIT as coz me even after being from dce with decent work ex , gd/pi/extemp/ , acads etc............. didnt get thru!!! guys i belive that thr are some hidden things that they are taking into consideration..........

i second that..i am also from NSIT 2004 passout but a reject from both the courses..that too after good acad record..decent GD and an above average PI

as far as RTI is concerned..it will be routed thru Delhi Univ and thats goin to take a hell lot of time. The investigation for the DCE entrance scandal for last year is still going on and the forms for the next year are also out.

we can imagine the time this will going to take 😞 😞

I agree , but how do we use it ??? I have no idea .. Hope the thread starter has some info .. Or we can find the guy who did the same think with IIFT

I think this was discussed on some other thread. The law is clear on the signing statement-- if it is fair to both parties then the signed document holds good otherwise it has no value. if you can prove that you were at a disadvantage when you signed that document then you have a fight on your hands. I wld however recommend asking FMS in a polite manner first. Given that MBA education in India seems to be becoming the all and end all of over a lakh of students, affecting their careers etc the courts are quite likely to support you.

There's a whole lot more that can be said on the topic of Transparency but then I'd only be flogging the dead horse and as PG once told me "Let it Go"

I think you need to get in touch with your local corporation for info..

ch21599 Says
I agree , but how do we use it ??? I have no idea .. Hope the thread starter has some info .. Or we can find the guy who did the same think with IIFT

Some good information on http://www.parivartan.com/how_to_apply.asp

But you need to apply to a particular dept of state govt.

You can try calling them up... coz i think FMS doesnot come under state govt and rules might be different.
you might need to apply to HRD

http://rti.nic.in/dept_hrd

you may contact

Dy. Secretary (CU)
Sh. R.D. Sahay
All matters concerning

i) Central Universities & Autonomous
Colleges,
ii) National Assessment and
Accreditation Council (NAAC),
iii) Commonwealth of Learning,
iv) Release from Non-lapsable Central
Pool of Resources (NLCPR) for
North East.
v) Financing of Education

complete list is at

http://education.nic.in/Secondary/rtimainSE.htm#Government%20of%20India
Some good information on http://www.parivartan.com/how_to_apply.asp

But you need to apply to a particular dept of state govt.

You can try calling them up... coz i think FMS doesnot come under state govt and rules might be different.
you might need to apply to HRD

http://rti.nic.in/dept_hrd

you may contact

Dy. Secretary (CU)
Sh. R.D. Sahay
All matters concerning

i) Central Universities & Autonomous
Colleges,
ii) National Assessment and
Accreditation Council (NAAC),
iii) Commonwealth of Learning,
iv) Release from Non-lapsable Central
Pool of Resources (NLCPR) for
North East.
v) Financing of Education

complete list is at

http://education.nic.in/Secondary/rtimainSE.htm#Government%20of%20India

thanks for the info buddy but FMS is under Delhi Univ and which is under the control of Delhi Government