FMS Poll on Converters joining Or not joining

This is my first thread on PG and the purpose is to determine how many people who converted FMS are not joining / are not sure of joining. Should bring some relief to the waitlisted people.

This is my first thread on PG and the purpose is to determine how many people who converted FMS are not joining / are not sure of joining. Should bring some relief to the waitlisted people.

tan_dun Says
hey coder thanks a ton fr creating tat poll...hope ppl cum up wid der decisions...n relieve waitlisters of their(/our) anxiety, ...

I think the real activity would start here once the IIM results are out (which i have heard would come on 10th of April).

Hi Coder,
What about the guys who are sure they would be joining? 😃 ... or they dont have an option is it ?

Puru

right said PURU !

i think there shud be another ption in the poll as to those who r sure to join
to make it more comprehensive..coz thats what shows the complete pic..

just to add i ll be joining for sure..but cant poll in

---when the going gets tough ;the tough get going !

right said PURU !

i think there shud be another ption in the poll as to those who r sure to join
to make it more comprehensive..coz thats what shows the complete pic..

just to add i ll be joining for sure..but cant poll in

---when the going gets tough ;the tough get going !

The reason for not putting an option for people who are joining for sure is since this poll is aimed at determining how many people are NOT joining to help the waitlisted people gauge their chances of getting in. If you guys still feel that I should add the option of Joining for Sure, I will add it. Thoughts?
yahh :grab:
but it wud make it clear as a crystal for them
if they see the sure shots and can count on their fingers the seats that will fill surely
and those that will lead to shifting the merit list..

just add these

1) in selection and joining for sure

and also

2) in waiting and joining for sure

My vote is for "yup ...please do" 😃
Though I want to restrict myself in maaroing fundas ...
"it would be a nice way to gauge yourself, based on the sample size you get..
Atleast ...U would know how many of the 62 odd have polled.."
Thats my thought..
What say Akshay and others?

Puru

My vote is for "yup ...please do" 😃
Though I want to restrict myself in maaroing fundas ...
"it would be a nice way to gauge yourself, based on the sample size you get..
Atleast ...U would know how many of the 62 odd have polled.."
Thats my thought..
What say Akshay and others?

Puru

ahem.. i tried but could not figure out how to edit my poll... i will delve deeper into how to do it in a day or so unless someone gives me some quick pointers so that i can do it in the next couple of hour.
coder1981 Says

Congrats to all who have got thru and to the few who r on the edge but will surely make it. Its my first post at PG . I m 42 wait listed and realize i have missed the bus this time.
Just want inputs from ppl has 2 shud i join job (CSC computer sciences corporation) or IIFT(the only convert i have).
Thanks and besties 2 all

btw
whn is d last day for payin up the fees... i mean, whn wil v waitlisted guys come to know whthr v hv a chance or not...
n how much does fms waitlist move every year???
if nebody has ne idea abt d situation last yr... plz let us know....
regards

btw
whn is d last day for payin up the fees... i mean, whn wil v waitlisted guys come to know whthr v hv a chance or not...
n how much does fms waitlist move every year???
if nebody has ne idea abt d situation last yr... plz let us know....
regards

C_K,
guess you have not been following the thread created by Shiv for FMS2K7.
All your queries are posted here:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/fms-class-of-2k7-25007772

Hope this helps! :)

Puru

hey puru...
thanx a lot for d thread... but i cudnt find info on til wht no. d waitlist moved last yr...??? or perhaps my eyesights missed out tht info..!!!!
i m in hurry s exams r goin on....
cud u plz help n post it here if possible
luv
cheers

hey puru...
thanx a lot for d thread... but i cudnt find info on til wht no. d waitlist moved last yr...??? or perhaps my eyesights missed out tht info..!!!!
i m in hurry s exams r goin on....
cud u plz help n post it here if possible
luv
cheers

No Probs. Here is another link that would help you in that case :
http://www.pagalguy.com/cat/showthread.php?p=167675#post167675

Time limitation? It is posted by one of our seniors at FMS.
Here is what it says .....

hi all..first of all congrats to all the final call getters.....

regarding the waitlist....i will give u guys some history...last yr it went till 53-54...before that it was around 52.......i was in a similar situation last yr...my WL was 42....and it was a very agonizing wait....plus a lot of monetary loss in terms of fees i paid in other b-schools...so all the best to the WL junta....keep yur fingers crossed...

Regards,
Sumit

PS: Sem end exams r goin on here...hence a lot of PGites would not be available till 30th..

Hope this helps!
Puru
No Probs. Here is another link that would help you in that case :
http://www.pagalguy.com/cat/showthread.php?p=167675#post167675

Time limitation? It is posted by one of our seniors at FMS.
Here is what it says .....

Hope this helps!
Puru

hey puru...!!!!
thnx a loooooooot
i had lost al hopes of gettin into fms n had startd lookin at other options... but ur post has sown some hopes in me...!!!
no doubt, last yr's waitlist reached a record figure but thn also... ummeed pe to duniya kaayam hai..!!!
regards

Quick suggestion .. we should use this thread regularly for posting FMS related stuff since thats the way this poll will always come up regularly on the 'WHATS NEW' link and hence there will be more visibility to people who should be participating in this poll.
Thanks

That was a breather . I am happy 2 hear the waitlist can move that much.Like some one said i guess i need 2 just wait .Thanx Puru and will try 2 give inputs if have any.
😃

Hey Coder,
Nice suggestion.
But, frankly speaking, do you think, we would need to have a relook at this poll, once the IIM results are out?

Puru

Hey Coder,
Nice suggestion.
But, frankly speaking, do you think, we would need to have a relook at this poll, once the IIM results are out?

Puru

Well i am pretty confident that the real numbers would appear on this poll once the IIM results are out. However, if you are suggesting that we start another poll after the IIM results, we could look at that option since i still dont know how to edit this poll and add new options as well as the fact that some people will move from 'Not sure about joining' to 'Definetely not joining' and in that case will not be able to edit their existing votes.

Hello! PGites !

I am put up with a tension as to whether my WL status would eventually convert or not . I m on WL-4 on SC category list and I fear , that the Final Confirmed List contains 13 people and so there would be very few defaulters( 😃 I mean Non-Joinees) and so mine getting cleared would be very less . So a suggestion from you all that do WL SC category list also gets cleared and if yes , then till what number ? I shall be oblidged to all PGites for their invaluable help and co-operation .

Any trend as to what happned in the last year ? Any clearances ...?

Please help .

Thanks
Siddhartha