FMS MS GD/PI Experiences

Please pour in your Views/Experiences :: for the FMS~MS GD/PI experiences…for the rest of the Pagals lining up for MS :: :: :: … First slot for the 8/3/2006 0900hrs All the Best and do give us your Extempore topics along with …

Please pour in your Views/Experiences for the FMS~MS GD/PI experiences...for the rest of the Pagals lining up for MS ....
First slot for the 8/3/2006 0900hrs

All the Best and do give us your Extempore topics along with some backgrounds....

hey guys,...
whole day gone and no experiences posted yet?! yeh kya hai yaar! do post quickly..

@great2--gud dat u started this thread..otherwise iwas gonna do dat in a moment.just saw it luckily.
waise wat abt the conversion rate here at MS? 28 seats rite? plus if i add another 20 odd ppl in the waiting list,dat makes it approx 50 on 200..1:4 ka ratio hai..not bad man! gandharva,get ready for ur first CALL-CONVERT of the season(that is on assumption dat IIFT doesnt come out with results)..
and yeah,wat abt fms results guys? i have heard dat dey display it on the notice board on the last day of the interview process...is dat true?

a whole dayz over guyz n no experiences yet!
cmon puyz..get this goin!

Thanks great_II fr startin this thread..

Don't worry Since today was non Delhi groups day (someone said)first Slot is for Ahemdabad therefore by tomorrow we'd have some brave pagal...tackling the afterburn affects....Meanwhile for general queries visit the FT thread.....

hey guys,...
whole day gone and no experiences posted yet?! yeh kya hai yaar! do post quickly..

@great2--gud dat u started this thread..otherwise iwas gonna do dat in a moment.just saw it luckily.
waise wat abt the conversion rate here at MS? 28 seats rite? plus if i add another 20 odd ppl in the waiting list,dat makes it approx 50 on 200..1:4 ka ratio hai..not bad man! gandharva,get ready for ur first CALL-CONVERT of the season(that is on assumption dat IIFT doesnt come out with results)..
and yeah,wat abt fms results guys? i have heard dat dey display it on the notice board on the last day of the interview process...is dat true?

bro i shall add to wht u have to say...there are arnd 70 odd who have both the calls, 30 odd who shall not be turning up (me knows 3 in person) and several others who have calls from the top notch schools....figures look so prettier right now... no offences meant dude but with that huge signature like urs, me dont see any reason why u shuld be worrying abt the conversion....again all in good taste....!!!

--post edited...had gone overboard...thx Great_II..just re-read the post and well decided it was against the decorum of the forum Me stands corrected-------

Hi friends!!!
Am really surprised why noone posted so far....

Anyway let me make the start.. even though it wasn't really a good experience.
Name: Priyanshu Gupta
Category: General
Profile: B.Tech Electrical IT-BHU.8 months software work-ex
Time: 8/3/06, 1:30PM
GD: US lifting visa restrictions. Should India lift investment caps?

Well, as expected it was a fishmarket.. 14 ppl, 12-13 min. Some good points were discussed but at no point could one hear just a single voice.

Interview: I was the last to be interviewed at 5.00 PM. I wonder what would have happened to the 2.30 PM batch which started after i came out..

Starts off with introduce yourself!!! After some discussion about why i opted for change in interview schedule, directly to extempore.
Extempore: US-INDIA relations..
well perhaps i was the only one to be given such a genereic topic perhaps taking cue from the GD. spoke quite a lot, i think covered a lot of points but only they know. spoke for arnd1-1.30 min.

starts off with something i mentioned in extempore abt trade relations.
1. what are India's major exports to US
2. what other calls you have ? when are their results expected?
3. why couldn't you get a call from the other FMS course?
4. what is an ngo? (had written i wanted to work with ngo)
5. why ngo services.. explained reasonably well giving my background in the field.. yet they were not convinced
6.why is it called ngo?
7. is Azim premji foundation an ngo? what about this university?(floundered on this one)
8. what do you work on at company?
9. which is prime competitor? why does it have more market share tahn your company?some more discussion abt company
10. whay is varanasi in news recently?
11. again your profile seems interesting.. but i am still not clear how exactly you want your career path to be... tried explaining
Thats it tahnk you very much......

and then yours truly commits the blunder you could never imagine... i forgot i gave any extempore. i walk in again ask them that perhaps they forgot to take my extempore. the kind lady there reminds me about the topic etc... ... Me says sorry for umpteenth time and sheepishly walk out.... And i narrate teh same outside to our dear ankit who laughs off like anything..... Man, trly was embarrassed but couldn't do anything else. anyway, ankit you ppl were great... really helping out everyone... and with such great energy, i would surely like to be your junior(though not pinning much hope)..

Hi friends!!!
starts off with something i mentioned in extempore abt trade relations.

and then yours truly commits the blunder you could never imagine... i forgot i gave any extempore. i walk in again ask them that perhaps they forgot to take my extempore. the kind lady there reminds me about the topic etc... ... Me says sorry for umpteenth time and sheepishly walk out.... And i narrate teh same outside to our dear ankit who laughs off like anything..... Man, trly was embarrassed but couldn't do anything else. anyway, ankit you ppl were great... really helping out everyone... and with such great energy, i would surely like to be your junior(though not pinning much hope)..

ehh??? u forgot u gave an extempore as well?!!! ohh man wonderful! really hearing sth of this sort the first time..wat happened to ya man? were u tooo eager to give ur interview eh?? waise this blunder cud also be taken in a really positive manner..just keep ur fingers crossed!

Priyanshu :I guess you've earned some brownie points for your GD,this is why they WANTED to hear what exactly you had to say...as for the extempore..."they'll have u in your mind on the 13th"consider that an ASSET or a liability your pick......any Bangalore Junta(if not busy in their meets)please post their experiences here......

Hi friends!!!
Am really surprised why noone posted so far....

Anyway let me make the start.. even though it wasn't really a good experience.
Name: Priyanshu Gupta
Category: General
Profile: B.Tech Electrical IT-BHU.8 months software work-ex
Time: 8/3/06, 1:30PM
GD: US lifting visa restrictions. Should India lift investment caps?

one ques: did they made u fill any form b4 ur gd/pi? since u attended the process last yr also can u identify the proffs who were in ur panel?
In some time FMS too would have to come out with Written Results As PER RTI and then I'd be the one with highest written Score not to convert...
@Nikkhil:till am the highest written score non converter @IIFT
ITS REALLY DISGRACEFUL THAT AFTER 3 DAYS INTO THE SELECTION PROCESS, I CAN SEE ONLY ONE EXPERIENCE POST OUT HERE..!!!!
REALY DISGUSTING..!!!
Well, I promise to post mine when I come back today evening...
alta vista... Saffio...!!

somebody post their experiences yaar

hey folks!!!had my MS GD/PI today...a brief abt the entire process..keying in from my pals place and he wants me to keep it short...
had my process at 10:30..needless to say it started only arnd 12:30...thee atmosphere amongst a small group of ours was very chilled..had a gala time prior to the GD..other folks were of the impression that we had already finished the process...
neways were finally called for the GD...amit(amitnsitian) picked up the chit numbered 46 and with a smile on her face the lady panelist read out-
MUMBAI can be hip and happening in global finance...
1 min to gather our thoughts and the bell rang..
somebody started the topic and then all Hell broke loose....tell u what nobody cud make sense of what was being discussed...abt my performance well started off second and then when i noticed that a stage of total pandemonium has been reached decided to go full throttle...dont remember the number of times i entered the GD..there were moments when i was the only one talking...four people were talking at a time almost throughout the GD...made lots of meaningful contributions (doubt if they were heard at all)..and also tried to encourage other folks to speak up but didnt do a very decent job at that....
the GD ended and the panelists too agreed that this was by far the noisiest group...dunno what to make of it!!!!a few folks told me that i was too agressive in the GD but then i had the points and it was the case where I could either shut up and not be heard or scream out and make myself heard...chose the latter...felt that there were negative vibes against me after the GD but then i had no other choice!!!and dont think they will reject the entire group..thats rubbish!!!if they had to they wudnt have gone for the interviews later....
neways next was the interview- a couple of folks before me had changed their first topics and the GD thing was still playing on my mind...was slightly unnerved here...
Me enters and wish 'em all...panelist - 2 lady profs who didnt speak a word...one old prof who did most of the talking and another prof(shall talk abt him later)
the old prof- so mr.----, it seems you are from mumbai..very passionate abt the city...me: yes sir, with gud reason and logic...
prof: okie ur extempore topic is FAST and STEADY wins the race
me spoke well...saw the prof and one of the ladies smile all the time...spoke abt the old adage...abt the change of eras...abt how definitions have changed..then brought in the sensex and the economy..the dotcom buble...
killing entry- we need to be steady in our target and goal setting but fast in our pace and approcah (dont ask me wht it means)...(a nod of approval from all)...
some questions abt my company..hows it growing??
answered..told them abt the slowdown and the problems, how we are slowly but surely moving ahead now...abt the domains (flagship ones and the new ones)...
prof: so u are a computer science graduate...
(me thinks gaya!!!)
over to u MR. Ventaraman(thats all i cud make out of the name...)
Mr. V: alright ..tell me diff between IT and ITes
answered
between e-commerece and ITes
answered...
3 e-commerce sites in India..
answered(fumbles ont he third one as he wanted it to be one from each domain)
bazee.com's take over..
answered(e-bay)
Then came the question that i believe will decide the fate-
How will u use IT to provide health services to the rural segment...
spoke at large abt the strategic tie-up of hospitals with ITC's e-choupal..proposed a lot of solutions..he asked how do u expect the rural guy earning a paltry 25/- per day to avail of the services...spoke abt out sourcing of Apollo hospitals and providing the lower rate medicines..said e-choupal was not a profitable firm earlier but is now making gud profits...he kept on grilling- finally me answered...sir, once their health is taken care of their productivity will increase and so will the disposable income...thereby leading to wa win-wwin situation...finally he said ok and gave a look that said - am convinced...next wat are ur short term and long term goals..
answered well..
the ever smiling old prof took over then and quizzed me abt my quizzing feats(am an avid quizzer)...answered well..told abt all the prizes and awards won...
asked abt my other calls and the dismal CAT %ile...
thats it...u may leave...
the only thing that i guess played against was that i was lookign a bit too tensed up during the interview and had forgotten to smile....prob the GD issue was still playing on my head...
and so it ends...have a good written..u folks tell me how was my GD and PI and extempore...dunno what to think abt all this...considering this as a dress rehearsal for the grand finale tomorrow - the FT one...
tell me ur responses...!!hope this is of help to someone or the other...
getting late...terribly late...shall post in more later...
shine on!!!

Profile:
Electrical Engg from NIT Allahabad - 2 yrs work-ex in IT Services.
Interview Slot - 11 Mar - 2:30 PM
GD - Rs 30,000Crores in the coffers, where are the rural phones?
12 people - Now the biggest blunder I cud hav made is to take the topic incorrectly - I wrote forms instead of phones..!! and so spoke at the 2nd position on how less agriculture has contributed towards GDP growth given 70% population is involved with it...!! but later on took cue from others and managed to make one more point... apart from this, the GD was pretty noisy and it was very hard to voice high but I kept on making notes and displaying excellent listening skills and response to other speakers...also showed much leadership by trying to pacify the group....
Now in the interview (Prof Venkat - V, Prof Mitra - M, Me)
V-Where are you working?..Job responsibilities...Client...
Me-answered fine...
M-Extempore topic is Shallow and Deep
Me-totally dumbfounded but started off with basic definition(water level) & then correlated wid career and knowledge(depth of knowledge) NOW after these two points,I stopped.They asked me to continue but I said - I think I am done..!!
V-So, Ankit, you were not able to speak on Shallow and Deep for even a minute..!! ok, Why did you leave INFY?
M-better profile, better opportunities and considering that I had to move to Delhi in future, I took the step right now and moved ahead..
V-Tell me something about Indian Economy..
Me-(yeh kya puch liya) gave one valid point that services is on high...major share in revenue whereas agricultre shud be the primary one...but blah blah...basically all gas...
V-you know about Primary, Secondary and Tertiary sectors...
Me-again GAS..this was a blunder which makes me feel that I wont be IN..!!
V-merits and demerits of China over India...??
Me-had prepared..but somehow not felt confident and stumbled along the answer....
V-ok..which other calls..!!
Me-NONE...BOTH ARE SURPRISED...NO CALL from FT..?? CAT..other institutes..NO..??
I said..yes..I have no other call... told them my score and discussed how 2.67 marks in CAT cost me at least 3 calls...!!
M-Wat were you doing in GD...??
Me-Sir,I had 5 points..said 2 points myself.. but 3 points were spoken byu others and I expressed my agreement and affirmation to them....apart form this, I was trying to pacify the group when there was heat...!!
M-Ankit, you seem to be a very laid back person...!! arent you...??
Me-(now, do I tell u that ive been suffering from viral fever since last 5 days)I said that school I was very introvert but college life saw me coming up, up, up...blasted it off... fairly well....!!
V-how do u see urself 5 years from now...
Me-had prepared very well.... told them...
V-gave me a compliment - I like youridea to go abt it....!!
M-wat do u think u will contribute to the institute's culture..?
Me-in a B-School, everything goes in a group...so even if it is a project or a workshop, I wud be involved as a group and not an individual...
(now some sense came to me and I continued).. to speak abt my cultural interest and then drew some sensible example - analogy kinds..!!!
FINALLY THEY BID ME GOODBYE...!!!
I seriously think I am out...its the inner feeling that tels me... quantitatively thinking, out of 9 questions - 6 were directly related to me and were answered well enough...3 which were indirect, I cudnt answer them well...in fact made the blunder of gassing (primary-secondary-tertiary sector classification one)....Extempore was below average considering the time for which I cud speak...!!!!
nothing much to wait...tuesday results wud be out....congrats in advance to all those who make it..!!
Basically..I think the bad performance at Extempore broke all hell loose for me...in my minds as well as theirs..!! :(

helo

profile:
fresher, BE (IT) NSIT

had my i/v gd tode at 2 30 slot...started late...arnd 5 30

gd: 30,000cr in coffers, n where r the rural phones

gd ws quite a commotion..ppl outside said they cud make out it was such a noisy affair!
dint manage to speak a lot..noisy ppl..bt made a couple of points..then tried nt to add to the whole mess by shoutin

i/v: ws asked to give a brief intro..said i like cars. so my extempore topic ws "if i had a lamborghini" managed to speak ok..they stopped before time n said ..ya we gt hw much u like cars! :-)

rest i/v ws general..discussion abt globalizations, wht makes an ideal women..my dad's busines..my qualities..asked y i dint speak much in the gd..so i remembered nt to disgrace the group..bt said somethin abt everyone wantin to make their points before time ran out n stuff..

ws ok ...hopin fr the best

had my GD today with spitback

same thing for the GD..over to the interview

2 ladies who did not speak at all...2 men did the talking

let them be m1 and m2

i enter the room and see my profile

m1: hmm.NSIT, HCL...okies

tell me abt ur current responsibilities.

me: spoke abt developer and module leader etc

m1: now its ur extompore

and that time m2 said..can i???

he gave me some topic and i was not able to make out wat is he saying !!!

m1: do u get it?

me: no sir

m1: should we change the topic for you?

me: no sir, please explain the meaning.

m2: no, take the new topic..the last frontier

me: spoke abt mantaing the energy level till the last step of the task etc.

after 1 min.

m1: do you really practice wat u said i.e. it is the last steps are most difficult to complete?

me: said that in a project initilly every1 is full of enthu n energy but in the end not able to give 100% blah blah

m1: u know, according to some theory ..80% of work is done in 20% of time

me: i have not heard abt it..but since u r telling me, it has to be correct

every1 laughed at this point

we had filled a form prior to the interview in which they ha asked which sector u r targetting...wrote IT n Finance
m1:read it and said..IT n finance..coz they pay well..right??

me: no sir, money is there in evey sector..u perform well..u are paid well..IT is booming in INdia and finance is backbone of every country n organisartion etc..gave examples of Enron n GM falling coz of finance were in a mess

m1: Amit, u r touching upon a controversial topic of which is important? fin or HR...

every1 smiled and no more grilling..

m1: which book u read last

it was one nite @ call centre but i could not remember that time and i said losing my virginity

m1: branson is endrosing a brand, which 1?

me: i think, its a hotel or a watch or some luxury item..

m1: no..i will tell u its competitor..its delsey...

me: i think delsey is a automotive part co

m1: no..thats delphi..i am saying delsey..

me: yyaa..delsey is a suitcase brand and its competitors are samsonite and VIP

m2: its samsonite.

m1: other calls?

me: FMS FT

m1: will it be a mistake to select you???

me: no sir, FMS will be proud of me in the near future..i will come back to recuirt in FMS for my own firm..gave example of NSITians coming to college 4 the same..etc

m1: thanks..u may go

pretty chilled out..no pressure wat so ever..constantly smiling panel

atb to all

Thanks Ankit and Bhavin
I am keeping my words to u both and posting my GDPI exp in here:-

Name: Ajay Katyal
Educ: BE Mech , DCE, Delhi
Work Exp: 32 months in Refrgeration & Airconditioning Industry
Intw Date: 11-03-06
Time: 2:30 pm

when we registred, a small form was given to be filled in

After a long wait, our group was let in at 5:30 pm

GD topic: Rs 3000 crores in coffers, but where are the rural phones?
1 min to think;13 min to discuss; 1 min to conclude
Panel: 2 male profs(Mr. Mitra and Mr Venkat) 2 female Profs ( dunno the names)

GD was ok... a bit of intermittent Fish market did erupted but generally, everybody who wanted to say something got a chance to say!!!
there were few jehadis also whose main motto was to keep on saying one thing or the other!!
Conclusion was done thrice and I did it for the third and last time as by then the time was over.

PI
I was 5th one to be in
The two ladies had left by now. Only two male profs were there.
V: Mr. Venkat
M: Mr. Mitra
I: Myself

M: Tell me about yourself?
I: Talked Directly abt my work exp. and current profile.
M keep on looking into my SOP and Application form.

M (interupting): you have got an impressive resume
I: I take that as a compliment.
(M was reffering to my international exposure and the two assignemnts abroad in Denmark and Singapore for eight months each and travelled alot in Europe and APAC for them)

V: I would give you the extempore topic.
M ( spoke togethr with V): I will give you the Extempore topic.
Finally M gave it
M:"Supercondcutivity"
I started and explained what it is and how it is related to Cryogenics and stopped in 40 secs.

M: you still have 20 secs.
I: did a different interpretation about the famous music conductors like zubin mehta and Yanni. was about do a few
more interpretation but he stopped me mid-way

M: that was some interesting interpretation.
M: why supercondcutivity hasnt taken off?
I: explained that the energy spent to achieve cryogenic temp is more than waht you can save from superconductors
M: Do you know it has also been achieved in Positive temperatures?
I: I know some research is on.

M: do you which substance do they use?
I: I dunno
M; ceramic
....................................................................................................................................
....................................................................................................................................
V: you are a hot cake!! Why do you want to do this program?
I: Explained how I see the course adding value to my long term goals.

V: What other alternatives do you have?
I: Had a good experience till now, Doing a good job in sales now. Can continue with my job in this growing AC&R; Industry. Future is promising. Also have a call from FMS (FT).

V: What do you see your role in next 2 yrs, if you stick with your current company?
I: Will still be in sales, may extend my role into application and tech support for my OEM customers.Will have some managerial jobs like how to market my products;how to price/position my products;How to tap a customer etc.
THis will need certain skill-sets (named a few) which I am lacking now so wanna take MBA (smilingly)

V: OK!!
I: are we done here?
M: yeah!
I : thanks

Total duration 5 mins (max.)

Overall, I performed good in GD and cant say abt PI as only four Main Q's were asked 😞 ; could have done better at Extempore!!

What say you ppl?
WISH ME LUCK FOR FMS (FT):)

Are bhai log , result aa gaya hai kya????

same querry in english

dear seniors are the results out???

name : rakesh josyula

id : 51951

thanx in advance 😃