FMS - MBA (MS) : Any Idea?

Hello Junta, So CAT going in2 sections and sub-sections… we are all looking forward for other opportunties… I just saw this ad for FMS MBA (Management Services) program… since i missed deadline for FMS main exam i was just curious …

Hello Junta,

So CAT going in2 sections and sub-sections... we are all looking forward for other opportunties...

I just saw this ad for FMS MBA (Management Services) program... since i missed deadline for FMS main exam i was just curious to find out how good this program will b...

so any1 having a better perspective about this pls share it with us...

some particulars i'm looking forward are -
1. The placements
2. Job responsibilities i can get after this program
3. Eligibility (I don't remember exactly but i guess it mentioned 60% of marks... so what i wanted to know is if this is the aggregate % in graduation for all sems or just what appears on degree certificate... makes a huge diff for me being a engg grad frm mumbai univ.... 😉 )

Hope to find some repsonse from all you guys...

Cheers,

Sanjog

As far as i know management services will be management in the service industry say a call centre or a back-office job and so on. It is not such a great field as far as i know. But if u are interested u may try.

along with all these it ll include IT industry...cause IT comes under services.......and i think for IT people this is a good one

Hiiiiiii mate,
If any body know about MBA-MS program of FMS plzzzzzzzzz respond.When & where i can get the MBA-MS application form.In FMS site shows that from 29th november the form giving will be start.Plzzzzzzzzzzz share your views.
Thank You.
------------------soumendu

FMS forms will be available after 29th nov and are downlodable from net....the forms can also be obtained from select SBI branches....cost 500/-

hey ppl

are we talkin abt the DU Dept of Commerce, Delhi School of Economics???

i saw the ad in TOi this Sunday and it says that the forms are downloadable but i cant access the site....

And if its nt the same college this thread is abt then do lemme know how is this college....otherwise i need to make a new thread..

hey ppl

i saw the ad in TOi this Sunday and it says that the forms are downloadable but i cant access the site....

And if its nt the same college this thread is abt then do lemme know how is this college....otherwise i need to make a new thread..

i dunno if its the same... but me too saw this ad (FMS MBA-MS program) in sunday paper only... indian express...

now if u think this one is diff then pls let us know more abt wot u r referring to....lol...

ciao...

hi i will like to know whether is there any chance that i can apply to FMS delhi for just MBA...not MBA( MS). i know that i m late... but it is not clear what is last date for receipt of application. can i download the form and send it thru speed post? i saw the ad abt MBA(MS) in indian express mistook it for MBA :oops: .. plz help if u have any idea?
:

hi i will like to know whether is there any chance that i can apply to FMS delhi for just MBA...not MBA( MS). i know that i m late... but it is not clear what is last date for receipt of application. can i download the form and send it thru speed post? i saw the ad abt MBA(MS) in indian express mistook it for MBA Embarassed .. plz help if u have any idea?
Question

i don't think u will b able to apply to normal MBA frm FMS... the last date it gone long back...

still check out all by urself...

ATB..!!

Well its a program primarily designed to serve service induatry wch encompasses sectors like ITES,Hospitality,Health CAre etc.....i screwed up my CAT......and anywaz its an FMS program so u can count upon it.......i'm applying to it and eagerly looking forward to it......

the no. of seats in that are 40, and after taking the reserved seats from them, it will be peanuts for all those who are waiting anxiously. adding to this tension.....the contest for those 20 odd seats is not small....

hey ppl

i dunno if its the same... but me too saw this ad (FMS MBA-MS program) in sunday paper only... indian express...

now if u think this one is diff then pls let us know more abt wot u r referring to....lol...

ciao...

hey guys.This program is not under the DU dept of commerce but is offered under the aegis of FMS at their south campus.I guess the details are up on the website.It was started last year.

some particulars i'm looking forward are -
1. The placements
2. Job responsibilities i can get after this program
3. Eligibility (I don't remember exactly but i guess it mentioned 60% of marks... so what i wanted to know is if this is the aggregate % in graduation for all sems or just what appears on degree certificate... makes a huge diff for me being a engg grad frm mumbai univ.... )

Hope to find some repsonse from all you guys...

Cheers,

Sanjog---smartCATer

hey smartcater,this is the first batch so no details abt the placements.

As far as the job profiles are concerned,this is something being worked upon as the positioning of this course is slightly different.I guess anyone from that batch will be in a better position to talk abt dat.

Hey mate.As far as eligibility issues are concerned,right now apply for the program.I am not sure about the requirementsas far as mumbai university is concerned but if u can mail me,i will be able to send u a reply.

As far as i know management services will be management in the service industry say a call centre or a back-office job and so on. It is not such a great field as far as i know. But if u are interested u may try.
MBACrazy

hey mate.U are totally mistaken.All the details of the course offerings from the industry perspective are on the website.I hope u go through that to clear up some things.It would be nice if u can provide some authentic information and not mislead the junta by making such posts.I hope u understand. :)

PS-And no.This is not a case of my daddy strongest.It is just that such important queries need more objective info than some subjective moorings.

hi
u have to fill up diff. forms for fms(ft &ms;)

well the forms i guess wud be out frm 29th Nov till 31st december adn the exam on Jan 30

Please obtain the application form in person from the Office of Faculty of Management Studies (North Campus) and S P Jain Advanced Management Research Centre (South Campus), against a bank draft of Rs 500.

-You can also obtain the application form by writing to:

The Administrative Officer
Faculty of Management Studies
University of Delhi
New Delhi 110 007.

-Please enclose a non-refundable bank draft of Rs 575.

-You can also download the application form from www.fms.edu

Courtesy: got this frm rediff

Hi hereiam,

When they say service mgmt, does IT industry come under it ? Is it ideal for IT professionals to go for this course or is it meant specifically for ITES and hospitality services and the like ?

Any clues?
TIA,

hereiam...

sincere thanx for being concerned and providing some 1st hand info...

hope to b in touch with u...

adios,

Sanjog

well the prog concerns the following sectors
ITES,
FIN SERVICES
MARKETING IN SERVICES
HEALTHCARE AND HOSPITALITY
OPERATIONS

will provide more details later
:)

FIRST THINGS FIRST- THE MBA-MS COURSE IS THE FLAGSHIP COURSE OF FMS and was launched in celebration of the golder jubilee year.

The services sector incorporates everything that is intangible in terms of delivering products - banking services, insurance, consulting, retail etc.. it is the largest ggrowing sector with the GDP of the world's major economies getting majority from it (USA's has a contribution of over 80%) contribution of services in india's GDP is also steadily growing at over 17% a year and is presently at 54%(approx)

what they teach at FMS - MS is the regular MBA course + special orientation towards services..we have dual specializations
1. is the functional specializations (mktg, finance, operations, hr)
2. is the sectoral specializations (IT & ITeS, healthcare and hospitals, financial services, transportation and hospitality, public services)

so when u pass out u have a dual degree with a sectoral and functional specialization

to serve this purpose of catering to the services sector the course has specially designed courses as well as a unique course pedagogy (2 seminar based courses every sem)

In terms of references..FMS doesn't need any! but none-the-less to give u a feel of things to come IIM-A is planning to start a similar course 2 years hence and they are in consultation with FMS for the design of this course.

The faculty is the same as the other full time course just the locations are different.

as far as the placements are concerned..no passouts as of now.though the response from the industry was very positive when approached as the course was designed keeping in mind the requirement of the ind.

also the batch consists of a group of 40 ..ideal mix of freshers and work exp (50% each), all backgrounds (iit'ans, DCE / DIT, Commerce, arts, architechture etc).. i my self iam from DCE (class of 2002)+2 yrs of work exp at SCHNEIDER electric india..look up the brouchure in the last few pgs

Need i say more! give it ur best shot people!
Please feel free to ask if u have any other queries about the course

Maneesh

FIRST THINGS FIRST- THE MBA-MS COURSE IS THE FLAGSHIP COURSE OF FMS and was launched in celebration of the golder jubilee year.

The services sector incorporates everything that is intangible in terms of delivering products - banking services, insurance, consulting, retail etc.. it is the largest ggrowing sector with the GDP of the world's major economies getting majority from it (USA's has a contribution of over 80%) contribution of services in india's GDP is also steadily growing at over 17% a year and is presently at 54%(approx)

what they teach at FMS - MS is the regular MBA course + special orientation towards services..we have dual specializations
1. is the functional specializations (mktg, finance, operations, hr)
2. is the sectoral specializations (IT & ITeS, healthcare and hospitals, financial services, transportation and hospitality, public services)

so when u pass out u have a dual degree with a sectoral and functional specialization

to serve this purpose of catering to the services sector the course has specially designed courses as well as a unique course pedagogy (2 seminar based courses every sem)

In terms of references..FMS doesn't need any! but none-the-less to give u a feel of things to come IIM-A is planning to start a similar course 2 years hence and they are in consultation with FMS for the design of this course.

The faculty is the same as the other full time course just the locations are different.

as far as the placements are concerned..no passouts as of now.though the response from the industry was very positive when approached as the course was designed keeping in mind the requirement of the ind.

also the batch consists of a group of 40 ..ideal mix of freshers and work exp (50% each), all backgrounds (iit'ans, DCE / DIT, Commerce, arts, architechture etc).. i my self iam from DCE (class of 2002)+2 yrs of work exp at SCHNEIDER electric india..look up the brouchure in the last few pgs

Need i say more! give it ur best shot people!
Please feel free to ask if u have any other queries about the course

Maneesh

hey maneesh...

u indeed made it very clear... thanx a lot...!!
just a single doubt left (at least as of now... few might arise later... hope u r around... )

see... as i mentioned in my very 1st post... the eligibility for this particular course...

the website mentions 60% for engrs... right...??
what i wanted to know is - if this is the aggregate of all the 8 sems or just the aggregate which appears on the degree certificate... in my case it makes a difference...

mumbai university used to award degree based on aggregate of last 4 sems (3rd and final yr) when i passed out in 2002... i hv a first class degree (i.e. 60+ in last 4 sems)... but due to my horrible 1st and 2nd yr i hv less than 60 if u take all the 8 sems combined...

so pls give me some 1st hand info... so that i can make my mind...

also as it seems u r already in2 this particular course... could u shed some light on the pattern of entrance test...??
(it would b a gr8 help for all of us...)

thnx a lot...!!

ciao...

Sanjog