FMS(MBA-MS) 2008 - GD/PI Preparation

Hey all!!! The delay might have been substantial, but no doubt the end result would have been fruitful to all shortlisted candidates… Congratulations to all those who have been able to make it to the next round!!! With around 20 od…

Hey all!!!!

The delay might have been substantial, but no doubt the end result would have been fruitful to all shortlisted candidates...
Congratulations to all those who have been able to make it to the next round!!!!

With around 20 odd days left before the GD/PI/Extempore round starts, its imperative that preparation is on full swing and we students, from the MBA-Management of Services batch, are here to help you out in doing that....

This thread will act as a guidance for your preparation and the batch of 2009 of MBA-MS would be most happy to help you all in becoming a member of the batch of 2010...

Hi seniors

Can u plz chalk out the GD/PI process as to how will it go on.

Will extempore be a Screening round or it will be a part of overall cumulative marking

Please thro some light on the overall process.......

Hi seniors

Can u plz chalk out the GD/PI process as to how will it go on.

Will extempore be a Screening round or it will be a part of overall cumulative marking

Please thro some light on the overall process.......

Hi Varun....

I will chalk out how the GD/PI process progressed last year...
The process used to start with a GD followed by the interview.....the extempore is a part of the interview and it could be any single topic under the sun....so be prepared to speak!!!!

None of the rounds is an extempore round and selection is done only after every candidate goes through the entire process

hi

can neone post the links of the past experience for the GD/PI

Thnx in anticipation

Thnx a lot for the reply

Is the extempore mandatory kind of stuff or its just a matter of chance :-P

Hi

ATB to all call getters!
Shoot da questions, we r here to reply

Take Care

Congratulations to everyone who have made it to the list

Here are some links you might find useful:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/fms-mba-ms-gd-pi-experiences-2007-09-25021666
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/fms-mbams-2007-09-gd-pi-preparation-25021094
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/fms-mbams-2006-gdpi-queries-25013390

Pls feel free to Shoot any further queries abt the GD/PI/Extempore process..

All the Best !

I hope the process for MBA(FT) as well as MBS (MS) is same i.e. the candidate has to go thru only one process and depending on the marks and interest he'll b assigned to the program

Correct me if i m wrong.....

Thnx a lot for the reply

Hey varun,

The extempore is a mandatory thing and every candidate will be asked to go through it...
but as mentioned earlier, topics could vary from anything like "Grass is greener on the other side" to "Quadratic Equation"!!!!

As far as the process is concerned, even though it is conducted at the same place, a candidate is required to go through separate processes for MBA and MBA-MS....Hope it clears any confusion
Thnx a lot for the reply

Hi Varun

Extempore is not a matter of randomness :)
Everyone gets a chance to talk for a minute atleast

Congratulations to all the shortlisted junta!!

I reckon the task has just begun for you puys. Here is the link to the last year's GD/PI experiences:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/fms-mba-ms-gd-pi-experiences-2007-09-25021666

Will try to get a list of extempore topics from the batchmates out here.

:2gunfire:Shoot back with queries!

One minute extempores are unique to the selection process at FMS. Each candidate, before his interview starts, is required to speak on a topic given by the interview panelists for one minute (a stop watch is used to keep track of time).

The following is a list of extempore topics that were given to our seniors (Bach of 200 :

Beyond Seven Seas
Futures and Options
Running Nose
Shallow and Deep
All that glitters is not gold
Fate
Radius
Bald
Sourav Ganguly - The politician
Calling Bell
If I had a lamborghini
Noble profession
Spring
Sycophancy creaps in everywhere
India Shining
I love Jazz Music
From deep inside my heart
Casablanca
Setting Sun
Hi-Fi
Satyam, Shivam and Sundaram
Business at the rate of thought
Spring
Design
Spirituality
Rabindra Nath Tagore

The topic of ur extempore may be random or may be linked to ur profile.
Examples:
A guy named 'Rahul' cud get the topic as 'The Wall'; If u stay silent during the GD, ur topic may be 'Silence is golden'; Even ur employers' names cud be GD topics ( like Satyam-Shivam-Sundaram)

A lot depends on ur on-the-feet thinking to do well in extempores.

Just for the record:

Cat. MBA-MS Calls Seats
GEN 201 28
SC 43 6
ST 21 3
CW ? 2
PH 7 1

One minute extempores are unique to the selection process at FMS.......

A few more extempore topics that were given to students were:

Blood
Quadratic equation
grass is always greener on the other side
Marwari
Is delhi ready for 2010?
Love is in the air
jack of all, master of none
A few more extempore topics that were given to students were:

Blood
Quadratic equation
grass is always greener on the other side
Marwari
Is delhi ready for 2010?
Love is in the air
jack of all, master of none

Are the topics absolutely arbit. Like in the above list is the topic like Marwari given to a marwari student or anybody. Now suppose if i am given a topic about which i have no idea about. can i think out of the box and start speaking something absolutely unaligned to what they thought. Will it be appreciated?? Knowing DCE(DU) Professors i dont think that FMS profs will be different and such things might lead to instant rejection. what can be done in such a situation. Are things like interest in sports appreciated!!
siddhesh0007 Says
Are the topics absolutely arbit. Like in the above list is the topic like Marwari given to a marwari student or anybody. Now suppose if i am given a topic about which i have no idea about. can i think out of the box and start speaking something absolutely unaligned to what they thought. Will it be appreciated?? Knowing DCE(DU) Professors i dont think that FMS profs will be different and such things might lead to instant rejection. what can be done in such a situation. Are things like interest in sports appreciated!!

Hey siddhesh...topics are generally not arbit...
The topic "marwari" was given to a marwari student....
The topics usually tend to have some relation to u or is a consequence of what u have spoken till then in the interview....

as far as thinking out of the box is concerned, it is definitely appreciated in any situation. However, we must remember that what we speak does make sense and that it should be able to convey ur thoughts to the panel

hi puys..
got a call....

am damn excited for the time being....

what is the actual no of seats in MBA MS?>??
42 is kindaa a strange number ( XCUSE ME)

hi puys..
got a call....

read a couple posts above....d general category seats r just 28!! hws dat for strange nw man??!! :)
boy we r in for sum stiff ratios at d gd/pi-e..no??
hi puys..
got a call....

Dude...as mentioned by Puneet earlier, there are 40 seats in all for Indian Candidates....with the breakup as follows:
General : 28
SC:6
ST:3
CW:2
PH:1

There are 4 more seats which are filled up by Foreign Nationals.
Thus the total number of seats is 44.