FMS-MBA call getters 2011-2013 GD-PI-Extempore Discussions Thread

Hello every-body. FMS Results for the season are out on www.fms.edu Congratulations to all of you who have secured the calls for the second round of the entrance to the management Institute with highest ROI in the world. Use this th…

Hello every-body.

FMS Results for the season are out on www.fms.edu

Congratulations to all of you who have secured the calls for the second round of the entrance to the management Institute with highest ROI in the world.

Use this thread for all the discussions regarding Group Discussions, Personal Interview and Extempore for the same.

For better connectivity among us and for online GD-PI prep please fill this form .

We, the students will be present both on this thread and on the site www.fms-students.in, primarily this thread will be used for all discussion and queries and the website will be used for the preparation materials etc.

Best of luck to all of you.

Cheerios !!!!

ThE bmr
(Ranjeet Pratap Singh)
FMS, Batch of 2012.

Great to see a thread so quickly posted on the same day....Thanks alot....
Well it will be a good idea if you give the gist of things to be prepared for FMS's further rounds considering as if we are starting from the scratch and dont know anything.Let us know the very starting point,things to do,magazines to read,topics to refer.
will be great if we start discussing a topic for 3-4 days ,let the time line fix ,so that we can cover a fair bit of topics.At the same time it will be good if decide a day or 2 ahead which will be the next topic so that we can do our grounwork/homework for the same.

I hope i am on the right track and not too much demanding.Let's give ourselves a fair chance to have a date with none other than "Destiny".

We have to and We Will........................................l

Hi
I have been shortlisted for phd programme ,
do you have any idea abt the procedure for phd ,
is the gd - pi same for phd students as well

Thanks ,
Vishal

Great initiative! Thanks for taking the time out :)

Does FMS also send some form to be filled up (like IIFT does)?
Also, will there be any other form of snail mail communication?

Is the GD/PI process conducted at the FMS campus itself?

Great Initiative bmr
A wonderful platform to our queries discuss among so many call-getters on PG.

what does MC as a prefix in the reg. number of FMS candidates mean? any idea?

my friend has a roll number MC100559, while others have an FT prefix

Does FMS also send some form to be filled up (like IIFT does)?
Also, will there be any other form of snail mail communication?

As far as I know NO. Would let you know in advance if they come out with some such thing.

sashas Says
Is the GD/PI process conducted at the FMS campus itself?

Yes

what does MC as a prefix in the reg. number of FMS candidates mean? any idea?

my friend has a roll number MC100559, while others have an FT prefix

I have no idea, may be some-one else would.

But the important question is, does that matter ??? I don't think it does.

Hi
Will the 513 shortlisted candidates only contend for the 101 General category seats or will the candidates shortlisted under other categories also be eligible for the Gen seats?

how long is the extempore?

Hi
Will the 513 shortlisted candidates only contend for the 101 General category seats or will the candidates shortlisted under other categories also be eligible for the Gen seats?

hi dont worry ur 101 seats are safe..:p inter category transfer or competition is not there..
ajith.asok Says
how long is the extempore?

from what i have heard till now it is nearly a minute or so.. it is conducted during the interview process but not necessarily at the beginning.. visit the link bmr has given for a list of few of the topics asked last year..:)
Hi
I have been shortlisted for phd programme ,
do you have any idea abt the procedure for phd ,
is the gd - pi same for phd students as well

Thanks ,
Vishal

Any one has any idea about the query posted above

Today afternoon, I was having a chat with Doc.
Some of it (the interesting and relevant portion is hereunder presented) ..
Me : BTW when is the thread for FMS call getters gonna be up?
Doc: No idea. It should be up soon.
Me : Hmmm
Doc: Aap karoge open?
Me : Is this a question or an invitation? :p
Doc: Umm, Invitational question. 😛 You can open it.
Me : Lol. Ok I'll see in sometime.
And now when I got time, I just came across this thread. Already opened.
@ the bmr : Kya yaar. Bhavnao ko samajhte
@ Doc : Sorry Doc. CAT ki ek thread to pakka kholunga. 😃

grt thread to deal with our queries
thanks bhai

For a comp. science or IT student, what kind of questions do they ask in PI, which subjects do we need to prepare. Do they ask something like our areas of interest, and then questions from those areas only?

Hi

First of all thanks bmr, you are the best. Thanks for opening this thread.

Some queries -
1. When will the interview dates be out??? Will they be send out to our address or put up on the net?? Actually nobody is available at my home right now, I have to make arrangement to have that letter received.

2. When can we expect the interviews to be held?? I suppose in March/April, but do u have some insider info???

3. Are all interviews held in Delhi or they also held at multiple places as in case of most other colleges???

Varun.

Is there any call letter sent at our address??

I have moved out of the address which I had mentioned in my application!

Please advice!!

Hi

First of all thanks bmr, you are the best. Thanks for opening this thread.

Some queries -
1. When will the interview dates be out??? Will they be send out to our address or put up on the net?? Actually nobody is available at my home right now, I have to make arrangement to have that letter received.

3. Are all interviews held in Delhi or they also held at multiple places as in case of most other colleges???

Varun.

1.) Interview dates will come after few days.It will be there in our call letter to be send by post and on net also.
3.) All Interviews are held in the campus itself.Last year I had interview on 31st March and final results were out on 1st itself.
I guess this year things will take place earlier.