FMS-MBA & MBA(MS) call getters 2010-2012 GD-PI-Extempore Discussions Thread

Hello every-body. FMS Results for the MBA and MBA(MS) courses for the academic session 2010-2012 is out and can be accessed here FMS.edu Congratulations to all of you have secured the calls for the second round of the entrance to the man…

Hello every-body.

FMS Results for the MBA and MBA(MS) courses for the academic session 2010-2012 is out and can be accessed here FMS.edu

Congratulations to all of you have secured the calls for the second round of the entrance to the management Institute with highest ROI in the world.

Use this thread for all the discussions regarding Group Discussions, Personal Interview and Extempore for the same.

For better connectivity among us and for online GD-PI prep please fill this form .

Best of luck to all of you.

Cheerios !!!!

ThE bmr
(Ranjeet Pratap Singh)

Hello every-body.

FMS Results for the MBA and MBA(MS) courses for the academic session 2010-2012 is out and can be accessed here FMS.edu

Congratulations to all of you have secured the calls for the second round of the entrance to the management Institute with highest ROI in the world.

Use this thread for all the discussions regarding Group Discussions, Personal Interview and Extempore for the same.

For better connectivity among us and for online GD-PI prep please fill this form .

Best of luck to all of you.

Cheerios !!!!

ThE bmr
(Ranjeet Pratap Singh)

Very nice initiative! :cheerio:
It would be helpful if someone could telll us in detail about the whole process of GD/PI in FMS!

Hey puys
Now that we have got calls lets take this thread forwrd with what we should do in the next one month
One query how much weightage is the written exam given?
is there a split that anyone is aware of...

Akshay Vannery is in the House!!

Hey puys
Now that we have got calls lets take this thread forwrd with what we should do in the next one month
One query how much weightage is the written exam given?
is there a split that anyone is aware of...

Buddy, you had asked this same question in the FMS thread...
And i have already answered it there..
Guess you didnt see it..
Anyways:

The Written score is divided by 10.
So a person getting 350 marks gets 35 marks out of 70.

Then 10 marks each are allotted to GD/ PI and Extempore each..
making it out of 30 marks.

So a guy getting one mark more in GD is getting marks equivalent to 10 written marks.

But this data is based on last years procedure, and considering the exam is out of 800 this year and not 700, the process could change. But the most obvious thing to do would be just simply continue giving the written component 70% weightage, and 30 to the GD/ PI/ Extempore rounds.

welcome..lets start with general discussions
Is being a fresher a disadvantage in the mba or the mba-ms programs?
any idea guys

welcome..lets start with general discussions
Is being a fresher a disadvantage in the mba or the mba-ms programs?
any idea guys

I would not blatantly say that, as we have seen freshers go to top notch institues year after year...
FMS again does not quantify the work ex and academics, but am impressive track record does help out in the interview. So IITians, et al have a sizeable edge.

But if you do well in the next 3 components, there is no reason why you should be deemed unfit to join.

For those who came in late:
Last couple of years' GD PI experiences:

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-...ml#post1444046 ( FMS-MBA(FT) GD/PI Experiences)
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-...ml#post1030363 (FMS(MBA) 2008 - GD/PI Experiences)
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-...tml#post709401 (FMS (MBA-MS) GD PI Experiences 2007-09)
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-...tml#post708391 (FMS MBA-FT 2007-09 GD/PI experiances)

Borrowed from Raghav Sir!!
:cheerio:

Thanks Akshay for your post...it's going to be really useful!

How should we deal the Extempore? Talk whatever comes to mind? What could they possibly observe in that round apart from the content?

thanks akshay...yeah i didn see your reply in the fms thread..thanks a lot :)
does fms grill a lot on acads?
cos i checked a few experiences and the interview was pretty chilld up
no cornering and stress int kind

Akshay Vannery is in the House!!

Buddy, you had asked this same question in the FMS thread...
And i have already answered it there..
Guess you didnt see it..
Anyways:

The Written score is divided by 10.
So a person getting 350 marks gets 35 marks out of 70.

Then 10 marks each are allotted to GD/ PI and Extempore each..
making it out of 30 marks.

So a guy getting one mark more in GD is getting marks equivalent to 10 written marks.

But this data is based on last years procedure, and considering the exam is out of 800 this year and not 700, the process could change. But the most obvious thing to do would be just simply continue giving the written component 70% weightage, and 30 to the GD/ PI/ Extempore rounds.

wow 70% weightage to written score (which btw remains unknown ) really tilts the scales towards ppl scorin high in the paper.. GDPI me toh 2-3 number jyada mil jana bohut hota hai... which has only 30% weightage!!

so basically if i have a score of 350 and competing wit some1 of 400... boy!! i ll have to give one helluva int to catch up to him....

i may be the first one here to point out the obvious...will do it nevertheless.. its gonna be knucklebusting tough :cheerio:

I had asked a query about the further selection process to an FMS senior using PM and got the following replies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunbhai_1
are the selection criteria of both the programmes exactly similar(i mean extempore, gd and pi)..?

yes

Quote:
are the gds and PIs of both programmes the same or will there be two separate GDs and PIs for the two...?

there'll be two separate processes of the same format.

Quote:
.. also tell me whether in extempore are we given a minute or so to think about the topic..?

No

wow 70% weightage to written score (which btw remains unknown ) really tilts the scales towards ppl scorin high in the paper.. GDPI me toh 2-3 number jyada mil jana bohut hota hai... which has only 30% weightage!!

so basically if i have a score of 350 and competing wit some1 of 400... boy!! i ll have to give one helluva int to catch up to him....

i may be the first one here to point out the obvious...will do it nevertheless.. its gonna be knucklebusting tough :cheerio:

Hey ur missing out on one crucial point buddy...
lets take the same example as suggested by you:

Say you got 350 in written, and the other chap got 400.
So your scores would be 35 and 40 respectively.

Now, say he got 6-6-6 marks in each of GD/ PI/ Ext... His total comes up to 58 out of 100.

And say you get an 8-8-8, you end up with 59!! one mark more than him!!

So even if he got 50 more marks than you in the written, you trumped him by getting JUST 6 FLIMSY more marks in the other 3 components...

So its still anyones game...
Wish you luck!!

Hi puys,
Congratulations to all call getters.
I have filled in the GDPI form on page1.
Hope we get started asap.
:)

Now, say he got 6-6-6 marks in each of GD/ PI/ Ext... His total comes up to 58 out of 100.

So even if he got 50 more marks than you in the written, you trumped him by getting JUST 6 FLIMSY more marks in the other 3 components...

Wish you luck!!

yea .. nicely put...
on an optimistic note just wish 250 outta 350 here (containing ms ppl as well) get iim converts :biggrin: so that the rest 100 get fms converts automatically

okay enuf BC done.. abb kaam ki baat kare...
so how do we go along with this.. any guidelines to follow.. do we discuss one gd one extempore topic per day... or do we divide topics between ourselves and provide a breif study (breif doesnot mean the entire article from wiki )

also abt extempore, wud there be NO time given to think? will be it like speak abt abcd for 2 mins ( or is it 1min?) and bam ur time starts now!!!

how abou share our skype ids and meet every night at say 9..for al those interested..we can do gds and give everyone a couple of extempore topics..well limit group size to 6-7 and have as many groups as possible..wat say

yea .. nicely put...
on an optimistic note just wish 250 outta 350 here (containing ms ppl as well) get iim converts :biggrin: so that the rest 100 get fms converts automatically

okay enuf BC done.. abb kaam ki baat kare...
so how do we go along with this.. any guidelines to follow.. do we discuss one gd one extempore topic per day... or do we divide topics between ourselves and provide a breif study (breif doesnot mean the entire article from wiki )

also abt extempore, wud there be NO time given to think? will be it like speak abt abcd for 2 mins ( or is it 1min?) and bam ur time starts now!!!

its one minute 😃 and yes that exactly how it is

Wish you luck!!

thats an awesome explanation..thanks for the confidence bro 😃

I think for extempore, We all should put up our profiles so that others can review that and tell the concerned person Extempore topics.
What I have heard/ read about extempore is that its related to your name. college, etc etc...so atleast we can cover our profiles for it.