FMS FT GD/PI Experiences&Discussions; 2006

FMS interviews have started today…Pour in your experiences et al… Mine is tomm morn 9 AM…any more PGites in the same slot??

FMS interviews have started today...Pour in your experiences et al...

Mine is tomm morn 9 AM...any more PGites in the same slot??

hi

i have the same slot tom at 9 am...nice to finally run into smone from the sme slot..hz ur prep etc.

best o luc
anirudh

i have mine tomm at 10.30 am........ think not many PGites are having it today....dunno wat..... i actually went to the campus today to get my date change confirmation for FMS-MS program......... that's on 9th mar..

well, just overheard that one guy's extempore was Jessica Lal murder case......... tho i find getting to know ppl's experiences is vital to get mentally prepared for what's being asked...... maintaining cool and stocking up loads of presence-of-mind is vital.....

will surely post my exp. tomm morn for sure....

hi,
Dont know if I am the first one to open the thread. I didn't see any so just thought of writing it for ur help.
My FMS process was today 7th 1:30 pm..

Par bhai DU waalon ne to had kardi ..:satisfie:

Our GD started at 3:00pm
there is process that u have to show ur documnets..
where the person doesn't even care about the certi...

Our GD topic was DAMN easy..

"Use of cricketers in the commercial ads is destroying indian cricket. " 😃 😃 😃
Spoke pretty well...
We were given 13 mins to speak..
1 minute to think and 11mins to dicuss..
and there was summary indicator in the last one minute..
the moderator was using a bell to inform us..

it was cool...

The interview seem to be nominal stuff..
or a formality we can say...

Extempore topic - "RACE HORSES ARE BORN AND NOT BRED"

spoke about horses and then the human analogy about certain inborn qualities of ppl ..
went well...
Now the interview..
didnt last very long about 5 mins..
inspite of having 1.5 yrs IT exp ..
the fellow started asking me about my last year subjects...
same was true for our batch....

Some extempore topic to other ppl--
role model..
ICON...( some girl spoke too much of youth icon in cricket)
If i get selected to FMS..
remeber one thing if u speak something extravagant in GD u will surely get that thing as topic of extempore.

some GD topic--
LIVE STOCK INSURANCE 😞 😞 😞
HLL will loose in globval ranking..

ATB to all..
me hoping for best...

ok..so how was the first day of the GD/PI experiences ?? met some PGites in the morning (till 12 o'clock)..then we had this major eco class, so couldnt come over to the room where candidates were sitting. we did try n talk to candidates in the morning..showed them some ppts & corporate CDs etc :wink: dunno how useful that was though 😃

all guy for tomorrow..i might end up sleeping through the first couple of lectures..am already feeling tiredy n sleepy 😃 bestaluck to all, though i really wanted to meet rajeshnsitian :wink:

cheers

P.S. divys..rajesh is right pal..there are always two threads for each college..one deals with queries & the other deals with experiences. its kinda a official-unofficial differentiation hope this gets cleared

QuintEssence Says
all guy for tomorrow..i might end up sleeping through the first couple of lectures..am already feeling tiredy n sleepy 😃
Ahem*

dnt worry dood, after a heavy McD meal, its supposed to be a very normal human body reaction
thx scorpio for the experiences....looks like u had a chilled affair ....
am worried abt the acads part!!!!beta aajkal office mein kya karna hain wohi yaad nahi rehta acads kya ghanta yaad rahega....!!!once the other junta starts pouring in the xperiences we shall have a feel of how the entire thing is going...atb for the puys who have the process slated for tom...
P.S. livestock insurance - (mumbai poultry issue??)
abt the hll issue...nething to do with FDI coming into retail....or hll going into rural markets or acquiring a foregin ceo(some baille)!!!!

thats what i thought too spitback.. way to ghumao the whole issue man.. jeez..

P.S. livestock insurance - (mumbai poultry issue??)
abt the hll issue...nething to do with FDI coming into retail....or hll going into rural markets or acquiring a foregin ceo(some baille)!!!!

the poultry issue started at nawapur in maharashtra and tat's not mum.

and the fdi in retail has been allowed for single brand retailing which is in essential for brands like lv,gucci,versace. how's tat going to affect hll which is into fmcg?

just a lil bit of info frm my side.....tho it luks like ur boss is at ur heels even now wid d i/v's almost abt 2 go.

ATB guys to one and all....will wait for ur experiences

BTW guys pls if anyone knows anything abt Livestock insurance(mumbai poultry issue) and wo HLL wala topic plz do share it.

And one more thing...has the govt already allowed FDI in single brand retail?? if so how much?? and what abt FDI in multi brand retail??

Plz do reply soon

VJ

ATB guys to one and all....will wait for ur experiences

BTW guys pls if anyone knows anything abt Livestock insurance(mumbai poultry issue) and wo HLL wala topic plz do share it.

And one more thing...has the govt already allowed FDI in single brand retail?? if so how much?? and what abt FDI in multi brand retail??

Plz do reply soon

VJ

well, AFAIK, it has been allowed at 51%.....although ppl are crying foul over it since it will affect large junta in retail branding.....and for multibrand retail, i think its not there....

Hey People!!!!!!!!!

Those who have had their GD's yesterday plz post ur experiences.............

we have had just 1 experience thanks to Scorpion19

Otherwise no one is posting their experiences................why......?

and those who r having their i/v's today also please post ur experiences........................

ATB to everyone..................

sad state of affairs ladies and gentlemen.
just one experience till now.. tsk tsk..

i know....I believe there are lots of puys who have their processes today....probably by evening we shall get to see a few experiences but just one exp in almost 1.5 days is a sad tale of affairs!!!!anyone listening!!!

seniors did u folks have a chance to interact with the folks today...heres hoping that quinty had a good sleep (brrp!!brrp!!) and was able to do some catching up on the campus...u let us know how things are moving.....!!!!

well, my interview exp......

GD topic: " The capital market in India is overheating"

There were 12 in our group..... and the whole GD was not a fish market......obviously.............the girl next to me started and i didn't jump in immediately........ poured in a couple of points in the GD with comparison to china, agri-manifacturing-services route required now......... strong fundamentals now riding the economy and some stuff .........even if everyone were off the track i think for entrants to MBA college i believe it was a gret show as so many junta gave stats arbit-ly.....

extempore topic: " Indian Pharma industry" ........ spoke very very well till the guy asked me to stop { one prof even appreciated and looked impressed}
and then surprisingly the questions that followed were all technical (actually only 3)

the qns were........
what is BOD and COD? ( tried something but finally gave up as i didn't know the exact definintion)
What is reverse osmosis? (answered pretty decently)
why can't we use molasses for fuel supply in india?( said it's used for ethanol but didn't know abt exact idea of why we can't use):neutral:
that's it......... nothing else in between one prof asked me why MBA kinda question, started answering but technical stuff ensued........

except for the2 techie stuff everything went well very very well for me.......... attempted the written really well too...........keeping fingers crossed??? just the last 2 qn. worries me.............

guys relax......... and let presence of mind control your mood........heard one earlier guy got MORARJI DESAI as the extempore topic...?????:wow:

i wanna ask whether extempore topic was related was related to your background . i being a maths student do not know much about topics like
indian pharma industry or morarji desai .
what topics can they ask me . pls help

GD topic: " The capital market in India is overheating"

There were 12 in our group..... and the whole GD was not a fish market......obviously.............the girl next to me started and i didn't jump in immediately........ poured in a couple of points in the GD with comparison to china, agri-manifacturing-services route required now......... strong fundamentals now riding the economy and some stuff .........even if everyone were off the track i think for entrants to MBA college i believe it was a gret show as so many junta gave stats arbit-ly.....

extempore topic: " Indian Pharma industry" ........ spoke very very well till the guy asked me to stop { one prof even appreciated and looked impressed}
and then surprisingly the questions that followed were all technical (actually only 3)

the qns were........
what is BOD and COD? ( tried something but finally gave up as i didn't know the exact definintion)
What is reverse osmosis? (answered pretty decently)
why can't we use molasses for fuel supply in india?( said it's used for ethanol but didn't know abt exact idea of why we can't use):neutral:
that's it......... nothing else in between one prof asked me why MBA kinda question, started answering but technical stuff ensued........

except for the2 techie stuff everything went well very very well for me.......... attempted the written really well too...........keeping fingers crossed??? just the last 2 qn. worries me.............

guys relax......... and let presence of mind control your mood........heard one earlier guy got MORARJI DESAI as the extempore topic...?????:wow:

Well.............
Plz post ur background...........

That'll help a lot.......

hey dude me thinks u had a pretty gud session in all...there goes 1 seat out of contention....!!!celebrate buddy!!!

hey puys,

it will be of gr8 help if ppl do post their background too in the PI experiences.

that will help to know that if extempore is arbit or some what related to background

coz i dont think a topic like pharma industry can be asked to anybody.

wat say???