Fms foreign quota

dear frns this thread is all about the foreign quota at fms. The quota for which nepali students apply the maximum. We will try to help you with all your queries regarding admission and GMAT. please keep posting

dear frns
this thread is all about the foreign quota at fms. The quota for which nepali students apply the maximum. We will try to help you with all your queries regarding admission and GMAT.
please keep posting

I searched FMS.edu but culdnt find the information regarding the foreign students.
I wud like to know about the admission criteria (GMAT score + GPA+work experience etc). Also i wud like to know about the fee structure for the foreign quota(Is it same as regular students or expensive than that). Plz help me out. I have recently completed my engineering and plannin to get admited into the FMS.
Bye

Hi,
I have applied to FMS for 2007-09 batch with the GMAT score. It would be great if someone can throw some light on the result date.

hey dude,
let me know whic country do u belong to. and to tell u its just gmat+work exp minus gd/ pi. the best part of fpreign quota. and for fees structure, its some thing $1000 extra than the normal fees structure. and the list for this year is out. and for a foreign seat its like this, u have to first clear ur graduation and onlt then u can apply. u cant apply when u are in final year of the graduation prgramme. hope i have cleared u on some extent

hey utpal the list is out today, i mean april2, 2007. i got throught the mbs ms, and what about u, what is ur score friend

Congrats on making to FMS...U can post your queries on this thread:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/fms-mba-ms-final-results-25021818

All the best.

rmbt,
thanks dude. so u any way related to fms?

rmbt,
thanks dude. so u any way related to fms?

Just trying to guide you to the correct thread. From IIT Madras.

PS: For any more personal msg PM me. Its against the rule of the forum to put chit chat on the thread.

All the best for FMS.
hey dude,
let me know whic country do u belong to. and to tell u its just gmat+work exp minus gd/ pi. the best part of fpreign quota. and for fees structure, its some thing $1000 extra than the normal fees structure. and the list for this year is out. and for a foreign seat its like this, u have to first clear ur graduation and onlt then u can apply. u cant apply when u are in final year of the graduation prgramme. hope i have cleared u on some extent

I m from Nepal, just graduated this year and have no work experience. I think they dont need work experience to enter FMS right??
And abt the fee structure did u mean to say its IRs 12000 + $1000 ie(IRs 56000) per semester ??
And what is the minimum GMAt score required to be eligible(Coz I havent given GMAT)
And what are the selection criteria in the FMS??
And since i m an engineering student, how difficult is studyin MBA for an engineer??
And what is the difference between MBA and MBA(MS) ?? Which one is better?? Which one is easier?? Which one is easier to get in?? Which one will get the placement in good high payin companies??

well roxan
lem me start from here
admissions for this year is not possible, as the list is already out. first tell me are u graduting this year or u already graduatedlast year?

and about experience, its always a plus point, coz experince can support ur week score ( if u have any )

well about the fees, its 10k + $1000 for first year
and another 10k for another year

well minimum score , there is nohing of this sort, higher the score, higer is the chances to get, but a idle score would be something above 660 ( mine was 650 )

well selection throug foreign quota , u shold have completed ur graduation, u are not eligible if u are still pursuing ur graduation, and ur gmat scores, thats all for admission
through foreign quota

well to tell u 50% doing mba are BE

well mba ms is a normal and general mba but specially dedicated towards service industry. and about toughness, both ae the same, theplacement for both are nearly same but for mba ft is a bit higher than mba ms

and easier to get is all depends on ur score of gmat

hope i have solved ur probs, and please tell others who are interested in foreign quota stuff to contact here

will try to solve the probs

hey frns the list for 2007-09 batch admission under forein quota is out..
u can get the list out here

FMS.edu

for mba ms

FMS.edu

Can an Indian Citizen apply through the foreign quota through a GMAT score ??

hey buddy dont take me wrong, but an indian in india cannotbe called a foreigner, to apply through foreign quota u should be holding passport of any counry other than the indian passport

Hi Gaurav,

Congrats to you for ur final admission in the MBA-MS course. I got thru the MBA full time course. Have you received any letter from FMS and any idea abt the fees structure? As i can see you'r presently in Bangalore, I am also in Bangalore working with IBM..will catch you soon.

hey utpal,
congrats on ur admission, i have not received any letter or so. what about u. drop me ur contact number and meet up and prepare for fms.. hehehe my number in 9900119984
looking forward to meet u.. and where are u basically from.. and what u say about meeting prior reaching fms

gaurav

hey hi
First let me tell you the process
You need to take up GMAT, then download the form for the Foreign Seat present on the Delhi University website, Then you need to get it attached from your concerned embassy at delhi. After doing this you need to submit your scores with the FMS.
Second, the degree of toughness depends, how u prepare for Gmat, that is important.

Then About which course to apply, Well your application automatically applies for both the MBA ans MBA (Management of Services ) course.

Well i have briefed you on all the topics not available, for further details on the number of seats, just visit Faculty of Management Studies

Hey guys ,

I was going through the site, and saw u guys are writing GMAT to get in, great going , really proud of u guys.I am fron nepal as well, finished my engg and presently working. I just filled the FMS form online and it had a blank column for nationality, i filled it up as nepalese. I am confused ??? is there a different exam for foreign students? some enlightenment here would be highly appreciated.

Anways got myself enlightened....

I am pasteing the exact words from FMS Website..

Foreign Students
Foreign students studying in Indian Universities are required to appear in the FMS admission test.
For all other foreign students the submission of the GMAT score is mandatory.

Really proud of u guys !! TEN THUMPS UP FOR U ALL !!!!

Hey, first let me make u clear that i am a FMS student and second GMAT scores are mandatory and you cannot apply till you have your final year marks card with you. so you need to drop an year and this is in case u are studying in any Indian colleges. And also you have to apply in a different form.