FMS Dean Sacked

I just read in today’s TOI (New Delhi, Page 2) that FMS Dean (Prof. Bhalla) was sacked due to admission irregularities in the part-time admission exam. The complaint was registered by Prof. Preetam Khandelwal against the dean. Does it imply …

I just read in today's TOI (New Delhi, Page 2) that FMS Dean (Prof. Bhalla) was sacked due to admission irregularities in the part-time admission exam. The complaint was registered by Prof. Preetam Khandelwal against the dean.

Does it imply there might have been irregularities in the full-time admissions too??

Ketan

Does it imply there might have been irregularities in the full-time admissions too??

Ketan

It wud be wise not to get into speculation on the forum.

Could u please link the article first?

he had mentioned that its in todays toi. anywho heres the link

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1152111.cms

i dont think it is applicable to full time courses coz the full time courses are recognized by aicte and the test is conducted by them.

I just read in today's TOI (New Delhi, Page 2) that FMS Dean (Prof. Bhalla) was sacked due to admission irregularities in the part-time admission exam. The complaint was registered by Prof. Preetam Khandelwal against the dean.

Ketan

Yes.The entrance exam will be reconducted not just for this year but all the past 50 years.The MBA degress will be revoked until further notice LOL maan.I am saddened by the maturity(or the lack of it) in your post. :huh: Hold your guns dude.This is a one-off incident that has happened under specific circumstances,the details of which i am not sure if you know.But if you do know,i do not think you would be asking this question,would you????

Prad

This was added later
PS-I hope this thread does not degenerate into another bschool bashing thread here.I think weve had enough of this.Any questions,please post and i shall reply duly.
Yes.The entrance exam will be reconducted not just for this year but all the past 50 years.The MBA degress will be revoked until further notice LOL maan.I am saddened by the maturity(or the lack of it) in your post. :huh: Hold your guns dude.This is a one-off incident that has happened under specific circumstances,the details of which i am not sure if you know.But if you do know,i do not think you would be asking this question,would you????

Prad

This was added later
PS-I hope this thread does not degenerate into another bschool bashing thread here.I think weve had enough of this.Any questions,please post and i shall reply duly.

Hi hereiam,

Does it really sounded such an immature post? I wonder... Or is your post another one in the series of "I will defend my B-school whatever happens".... My post is not to point fingers at or to malign one of country's top bschool.. ... Remember the XLRI episode .... every XLRI student tried to defend their school upto the end.... does that incidence made XLRI the worst b-school or do aspirants dont want to join XLRI anymore.... Nope...XLRI still is one of the country's top bschool...

I just wanted to know the truth. When a dean supports/aids another professor who illegally helps a student in the examination, then it casts a doubt on the "internal admission procedures" of the institute of such a great repute.... If this can happen in a "not-so-hot" part-time admissions... then dont u think its a natural guesstimate to extend this to full-time admissions......

Please do not defend for the sake of defending your alma-mater... Come up with facts if you know... facts will speak for themselves....

No offence meant to anyone ....

Ketan
PS: BTW, people come on the forum to know the truth, not to bash a bschool. If there is no major issue out there... then this thread will automatically die down... so chill buddy
Hi hereiam,

Does it really sounded such an immature post? I wonder... Or is your post another one in the series of "I will defend my B-school whatever happens".... My post is not to point fingers at or to malign one of country's top bschool.. ... Remember the XLRI episode .... every XLRI student tried to defend their school upto the end.... does that incidence made XLRI the worst b-school or do aspirants dont want to join XLRI anymore.... Nope...XLRI still is one of the country's top bschool...

I just wanted to know the truth. When a dean supports/aids another professor who illegally helps a student in the examination, then it casts a doubt on the "internal admission procedures" of the institute of such a great repute.... If this can happen in a "not-so-hot" part-time admissions... then dont u think its a natural guesstimate to extend this to full-time admissions......

Please do not defend for the sake of defending your alma-mater... Come up with facts if you know... facts will speak for themselves....

No offence meant to anyone ....

Ketan
PS: BTW, people come on the forum to know the truth, not to bash a bschool. If there is no major issue out there... then this thread will automatically die down... so chill buddy

Hey ketan.I am sure u posted this thing with a reason(to find out whether it did happen).And i DID accept it.I do not have to present any facts do i ?? 😃 But extending it seems quite incomprehensible to me as such a thing would not stay a secret(would it).If someone has an inkling of this,it wuld have been a big issue by now(i do not have to explain this).I for one would raise a debate immediately and ensure that it comes out in the public(like it or not) because all the stakeholders have to know about it.After all,it is business and ur past will catch up with u.No point in looking bad then.And believe me when i say this(no moral posturing at all).I do not give a dime or dozen about this my daddy strongest debate that happens the coffee-toffee way.A mistake is a mistake is a mistake.A transgression has happened and i DID accept it.And I do not believe that i was trying to defend anything/anyone and if uve got that impression,well,words do not convey everything. 😞

On a personal front,i do know how a forum works buddy 😃 And especially this one. Ive been haunting this place since Nov 2003.So i think that part was uncalled for. :x .....Anyways,lets meet up for a cuppa coffee sometime when i come back to delhi :)

Cheers

Prad

Ketan

sir
with due respect i admit that ur concerns abt the full time admission procedure were right. but ur extending the part-time anamoly to full-time progg looks like sth uncalled for .

the report clearly mentions the following

(Said a senior FMS faculty member: "The institute is extremely sensitive to allegations like these. The sanctity of the office has to be maintained and that is why the university took such a drastic step." )

is this not a proof that at fms irregularities however minor they r, are adressed with transperency.
also the ponit to b noted is dat they r allegations only... nothin is proven so far n still the authorities hv taken such a harsh step .
rest assured that if ther is sumthin fishy it wd come to ur knowledge n the future of this esteemed insti is safe.

as hereiam told this is not defending an insti or maligning
just presenting the full story for half truth is as bad as a lie n i guess that was the point prad was trying to make .
regards

Ketan is right, I can absolutely see some instt. defending here. Not that its a bad thing, but its the students who are overdoing it. The original poster had a doubt, go ahead and clear it in the simplest way possible.

Replies like,

and the latest reply aren't confidence inspiring to say the least. Sure even if there was ever a transgression it wasn't done by the posters , so keep your cool and keep the people informed. Blowing your top off makes you folks look seriously childish.
Ketan is right, I can absolutely see some instt. defending here. Not that its a bad thing, but its the students who are overdoing it. The original poster had a doubt, go ahead and clear it in the simplest way possible.

Replies like,

and the latest reply aren't confidence inspiring to say the least. Sure even if there was ever a transgression it wasn't done by the posters , so keep your cool and keep the people informed. Blowing your top off makes you folks look seriously childish.

Hey pg and the rest o junta.The jest was not directed towards anybody.It was only to emphasize the point that if something had happened,it would come out(if it hasnt,it will).It might seem irreverent and incongrous but that is not the intent.It just shows that we can laugh at ourselves even during the 'not-so-good' times.:) I believe that this has been taken in the wrong perspective.And the next post was only a clarification in all sincerity.I am not able to comprehend how this can give the impression that youve got.:It is but obvious that the posters are not in the hot seat.:) Can we help it?No. :huh:

Yes,the people here will be kept informed.:)

Cheers

Prad

PS-Ketan.I am sorry if youve been hurt with those statements of mine.I hope that i have been able to put things in perspective.