FMS Class of 2K7

Hi everyone, Did not see this thread for sooooooooo long and thought it was long overdue. All those sure of spending the next two years in the hallowed classrooms of FMS, Delhi join in with intros, concerns et al … I am Shiv Agarwal (R…

Hi everyone,

Did not see this thread for sooooooooo long and thought it was long overdue. All those sure of spending the next two years in the hallowed classrooms of FMS, Delhi join in with intros, concerns et al ...

I am Shiv Agarwal (Roll No. 44092 ) ... From Pune ... BE Computer Engineer ... Working at Infosys, Pune for about 20 months now ...

More details shall soon follow ... Lets get this thread alive and kicking folks just like the other Class of 2K7 threads!!!!

After all 'we did start the fire'!!!!

-V

Hey folks,

wassup man! Am i the only PGite who is sure of joining FMS!!!

Itna sannata kyon hai bhai!

-V

me too joining FMS...

waiting for the call leters.

Hi spaceman,

finally somebody replied!!!!!! spaceman, have you joined the yahoogroup too??

-V

Hi Shiv, I was just pining to be a part of some Class of 2K7 ..so far the FMSites have been the most sluggish... all other instis have already started it..

Anyway, I'm Aishwarya, from Delhi... final yr DCE ( DU ROCKS ) and looks like its back to DU for me (thank god) :)

Aishwarya

Hi spaceman,

finally somebody replied!!!!!! spaceman, have you joined the yahoogroup too??

-V

Hi Vincentian...
I've not joined the yahoo group. methinks this forum is a better place to discuss things than yahoo...and also access to yahoo is blocked in my office .

I now know Shiv and Aishwarya from my class...what about the others.

Hi All

I am Kanupriya from New Delhi. Completed BE (Comp Sc) in June 2004. Got final call letter today. Tentative date of joining is 16th July 2005.

Looking forward to see you all at FMS.

Good Luck
Cheers
Kanu

Hi Shiv, I was just pining to be a part of some Class of 2K7 ..so far the FMSites have been the most sluggish... all other instis have already started it..

Anyway, I'm Aishwarya, from Delhi... final yr DCE ( DU ROCKS ) and looks like its back to DU for me (thank god) :)

Aishwarya

hey, shiv n aishwarya.

me toooooo joining FMS for sure. I am Puneet Mech Engg from DCE ( Aishwarya we have something in common here) with about 20 months work ex with Tata Motors.

i sure agree with aishwarya that DU rocks, DCE was the best part of my life and HOPE WE ALL MAKE 2 YRS OF FMS AN EXTENSION TO THAT.

NJOY
Puneet
Hi All

I am Kanupriya from New Delhi. Completed BE (Comp Sc) in June 2004. Got final call letter today. Tentative date of joining is 16th July 2005.

Looking forward to see you all at FMS.

Good Luck
Cheers
Kanu

hey kanupriya. i am Puneet and from delhi too.
Since u too r from delhi, r u planning to take hostel.

Puneet

has anyone outside Delhi received the call letter?
me still waiting...

and about the hostel thing...I've heard that hostels are given on the basis of one's merit and not everyone gets a hostel. The merit list would be put up in some time.

Hi Shiv,Aishwarya,Spaceman,Puneet & Kanupriya........

I also got a final FMS call, I am Simon Jacob from Baroda.

I guess the reason for the sluggishness on this thread could be that people must be waiting for the results of IIMs/XL before making the decision to join FMS. I also didn't post on this thread for the same reason.

Anyways I thought I would post since very few guys were posting on this thread.

Come on all the rest of FMSites on PG please do chip in........

Looking forward to seeing you guys in Delhi when I come to submit my fees. So till then all of u keep posting!!!

For the record I have also not received the call letter till date. I guess that answers spaceman's query.(I am a non-Delhite)

Warm Regards,

Pete

Hi, do any of the delhiites know if the girls can get a hostel.. sure I live in Delhi but I need that hostel badly cause I stay like 30 kms away from FMS... so.. any seniors of FMS pls , let me know...

Aish

Hi People,
Good Morning.
Well, I must appreciate the enthu Vincentian has taken for this group... Havent posted anything on the groups so far, but couldnt stop myself chipping in here...
Apologies for the late entry, but as Pete mentioned, I think partly it is justified.... .. till mid-april, maybe this would continue till XL and IIM results are declared, and that is when all the FMS "loyalists" like me would start returning to and jumping in this group.
About me - I am Puru, working in Indore with CSC, a software Engineer with around 2 and a half years experience till now....plan to specialize in Marketing.
And so, am only waiting for IIM-A results , else am in for sure

But I would suggest that atleast we can get acquainted with each other - the 60 odd guys who made it ... sure, if you convert nothing like it, but there's no harm in knowing a few more.. isnt it ...:)

Its great to be a part of such a group , and I just realized it as I am typing this response ...
Hope to know a few more faces... try it guys, it sure feels nice, just to say ...

"Welcome Everyone to the batch of FMS 2007" ( or is it FMS batch of 2007?) :grin:

hi guys!!!!

this is atul here...B.E.(Elect) from PEC, Chandigarh...been working for 20 months with Perot Systems, NOIDA....waiting for IIM Results....wud take a call after that....a'way, nice initiative....keep it going!!!!!

-atul.

Hi friends!!!!!

So nice to see so many more posts on the thread of one of India's most coveted B skools!!!!!!
Had typed a long post and the whole thing went kaput just before posting

Retyping as much as possible!!!!

Well though I belong to Pune I am almost half a Delhiite ... have all my relatives in delhi .... in karol bagh, mayur vihar, daryaganj, gk etc etc !!!!!!
But one thing I always missed when I came to delhi for summer vacations was no friends 😞 but now i am quite sure that vacuum is gonna be filled sooooon!!!!!

spaceman bhaiya ... what do non pgites call you????? and yeah i agree tht this is a better forum but also tht non PGites will be a part of the yahoogroup ... so will have tht much more coverage!!!! after all not everyone is as 'mad' as us to be on PG isnt it???

neways keep posting friends and keep in touch ...

My contact details are:
[email protected]
+91 98 50 550 110

regards
shiv
Hi, do any of the delhiites know if the girls can get a hostel.. sure I live in Delhi but I need that hostel badly cause I stay like 30 kms away from FMS... so.. any seniors of FMS pls , let me know...

Aish

me too same. i put up 28 kms from FMS. but as pointed earlier a merit list wud be put up and based on that hostels wud be alloted and yes as much as i know gals get hostel accom's.

by the why ppl lets fix up a common date to deposit fees such that we can meet up. as for me i might land up to deposit fees on 4th coz after that i am too join my office back after a week long vacation ( ONLY TO RESIGN THOUGH>>> )

Puneet
Hi friends!

I am back again! Guess this is what happens when you are in office for 8 hours, a net connection and barely any work ... though the feeling is just bliss. I have been one of those souls in infy who works for the other set on bench!!!!!! For 2 years I have hardly had any time to even do other stuff .... than work

Yeah I agree with you all .... obviously one would wait for IIM results ... I had not been tht fortunate at CAT .... got 99.1 %ile overall but no IIM calls ... My saga of calls is as follows friends :

1. SCMHRD (converted ... did not join ... some friends have still not forgiven me for taking SNAP! (no offence meant to symbi!!!!) Guess I took it out of sheer desperation after CAT)
2. ISB, Hyderabad (Applied thro GRE Score) Got an interview shortlist ... did not make it to the final list .... (may be coz of less work exp and a round 2 application ...) nolnetheless the interview experience was too amazing ....
3. SP Jain, IM - converted .... not joining 99.9% (Have to meet all of you yaar!!!)
4. JMET (AIR 9: IITB - did not convert
IITD - waitlisted :shock:
5. FMS

Well my entire journey to FMS has been too amazing ... will share it with all of you soon!!!!

-V

Hello! Lucky guys and gals viz : Puneet , Simon , Aishwarya , Puru , Atul etc...........

I m Siddhartha Working with TCS, Mumbai for past 2.2 yrs and Waitlisted for FMS .....!

I m happy 😃 for you all and a bit jealous [ becoz mera confirm nahin hua hai] ...........!

The way you all enjoy this space for fun and healthy virtual gathering is amazing . Sure to learn from you all a lot .........!

Though I would not join you all to deposit fees but hope you all have a nice time depositing fees and sharing your "pagalguy ids" for identification..............!

Kudos to one and all .......!

Hope I get through !!!!! Mera number kab aayega........!

Regards,
Siddhartha

Hi friends!

I am back again! Guess this is what happens when you are in office for 8 hours, a net connection and barely any work ... though the feeling is just bliss. I have been one of those souls in infy who works for the other set on bench!!!!!! For 2 years I have hardly had any time to even do other stuff .... than work

Yeah I agree with you all .... obviously one would wait for IIM results ... I had not been tht fortunate at CAT .... got 99.1 %ile overall but no IIM calls ... My saga of calls is as follows friends :

1. SCMHRD (converted ... did not join ... some friends have still not forgiven me for taking SNAP! (no offence meant to symbi!!!!) Guess I took it out of sheer desperation after CAT)
2. ISB, Hyderabad (Applied thro GRE Score) Got an interview shortlist ... did not make it to the final list .... (may be coz of less work exp and a round 2 application ...) nolnetheless the interview experience was too amazing ....
3. SP Jain, IM - converted .... not joining 99.9% (Have to meet all of you yaar!!!)
4. JMET (AIR 9: IITB - did not convert
IITD - waitlisted :shock:
5. FMS

Well my entire journey to FMS has been too amazing ... will share it with all of you soon!!!!

-V

yeah dude, almost the same story here...not much work to do in office....24 hrs net...fulltoo time pass...even o'wise now i cant motivate myself to work....just waiting for 10 april when the IIMs are expected to come out with their results....

and my journey to FMS has also been very exciting & amazing....will share it ith u people when we meet...

A as for my other calls, i've converted IITB, MDI,IIFT & UBS besides, of course, FMS...now, waiting for IIMs...lets see kya hota hai....:nervous:

bye & take care,
atul.