FMS 2010 Online Registration

:: : Hi All, FMS-2010 Online Registration has started today. The URL is FMS- Application Form We already have a thread on FMS 2010 Queries nd Discussion at http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-exams-xat-fms-jmet/43383-fms-2010-queries-di

: Hi All, FMS-2010 Online Registration has started today.
The URL is FMS- Application Form

We already have a thread on FMS 2010 Queries nd Discussion at
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/fms-2010-queriesdiscussions-thread-25043383

But I guess we will need a dedicated thread on Online Registration because, queries on this one will be large enuf to qualify a seperate thread. This is especially because other than giving a link in their site www.fms.edu , there is no specific help page available for FMS online registration. There are no details like which all sites are supported for Net Banking. And surprise, surprise... Other than adding scanned version of your photo and signature, this one asks for SCANNED LEFT HAND THUMB IMPRESSION OF CANDIDATE!!

So I hope this thread will serve as the center point for discussions on Online Registration for FMS. If anyone has already registered online for FMS, they may post their experiences (Like which all banks are supported in Internet Banking payment, what will happen if payment is not successful or connection is lost midway etc.) so that the PagalGuy community can benefit from those experiences.

And moderators, feel free to remove this thread if you feel that Online Registration querries can be accommodated in the exisiting 'querries and discussions' thread of FMS.

Guys, it seems there are lot of problems with the online Registration. The main problem you will face is this.

They have fields like 'Percentage Marks in Masters degree' and 'Percentage Marks in Professional Degree'. Most of us are applying after our Bachelors Degree and so we will leave these two fields untouched with their default value of 0.00. But once you click on submit, it will say that you MUST give percentage in Masters degree and Percentage Marks. Even if you clear the fields and click on submit, it will again come up with a prompt to fill the marks.

After much tweaking I have a solution for this. Instead of 0.00, give just 0 to these two fields and click on submit. It will be accepted.

For people with work experience, we have a dropdown for designation which have the following items given below:

Select One
Supervisory Level
Executive Level
Sr. Executive Level
General Manager & Above

I can't find it mentioned anywhere in the site that work experience equal or above Supervisory level only will be considered. So what should the candidates who worked as normal officers or engineers select among these?

But there is another thing. Once you give your work ex duration and company type, even if you leave the dropdown untouched with 'Select One' option, the form can be successfully submitted. But I still feel there should have been an extra option for 'Below Supervisory Level'

Problem 3
The Address field is a single line Text Box which wont accept even commas. (In the case of Internet Explorer. Firefox will allow commas.) So I guess we have to give 4-5 spaces where we intend to have comma or linebreak.

Problem 4
They are asking digital versions of Photograph, Signature and Lefthand thumb impression. But nowhere in the site, I could find a mention of the resolution, file size, image size etc expected for these three. So there is a chance that the file we send may not be in the format they want. (File type is enforced though. Only jpg, gif or png. I am talking about the image size in pixels/cms.)
The problem is important because there is no confirmation page where can have an overview and make any corrections if necessary. (Is some one remembering the CAT prometric debacle!! )

Hmm... where can we find the list of banks selling fms application...??

though irrelevant to this thread,,... plz post the link.... i guess its eazy to fill the form manually....

In the FAQ, they have written that - 'Once the relevant information of the candidate is filled in the candidate will be directed to the internet payment gateway of SBI. The candidate will have to make payment through credit card, debit card.'

But the fact is that nothing of the sort described above is happening. Once you submit, a page will come that displays a Reference Number. That is it. The process stops there. There is no automatic redirection to payment gateway. There is no link to proceed. IT IS A DEAD END. (I tested in both IE and Firefox. It simply is a dead end.)

I guess FMS guys are aware of these problems and may be already working on this. And I hope they resolve it. So let's better don't rush for this once. (My reference numbers suggest that only a handful people have registered so far. And I believe 90% of them will be people like me who got suspicious and tested the site with dummy values. 😲 ) I hope my information has become useful to all of you.

Hmm... where can we find the list of banks selling fms application...??

though irrelevant to this thread,,... plz post the link.... i guess its eazy to fill the form manually....

@lakshmisagar
You are correct. It is better to fill it physically. We can buy it from select SBI branches. The list of branches are given in the admisison FAQ of the fms site.
FMS.edu

In your case, you can obtain it frm Visaakhapatnam branch of SBI 😲

Well i'm not sure but may be FMS taking online route first time ..so be ready for some challenges while filling the form...I think the safest route will be traditional route to fill the form...Go to SBI branch(main branch of the city) purchase form which includes bulletin and then send it...no uploading photos/sign/thub impression..jst paste ur pic, sign and send it
FMS FAQs FMS.edu
Enjoy...online process

IN FORM DEY R ASKING FOR

Digital Signature & Digital Left Thumb Impression of Candidate:

CAN I TAKE PHOTOGRAPHS OF DESE N SEND?

IN FORM DEY R ASKING FOR

Digital Signature & Digital Left Thumb Impression of Candidate:

CAN I TAKE PHOTOGRAPHS OF DESE N SEND?

No you cannot do that.
You will have to scan your signature and thumb impression.
And then upload the same.

BTW i am still waiting for the size and resolution recommendation.
Lets see if FMS comes up with and guidelines.

hi,
Can I apply online and pay through demand draft? They have only provided one line of information like "You may also register online and pay through Demand Draft.". BUt nothing regarding whom the draft should be favoured to is mentioned. Cam someone please provide more info regardin this??

regards,
Subhadip.

hi,
Can I apply online and pay through demand draft? They have only provided one line of information like "You may also register online and pay through Demand Draft.". BUt nothing regarding whom the draft should be favoured to is mentioned. Cam someone please provide more info regardin this??

regards,
Subhadip.

There is just that line given in the FAQ. You are correct. There is no additional information anywhere in the site. They may give more info in a few days. You can keep a tab on their site. Any way I for one, is fed up with this online charade. Even though the nearest SBI branch where form is available is a 100KM away from my home, I have decided to go there than risking with online registration. 😲

Hey fms aspirants...

Can anyone who has proceeded with form filling it in online mode tell me whether do we have to give them the sop this time or not??

Last time online filing was quite trivial and simple.. not much probs...
but sop was required...

now even i am planning to get the form from sbi...

But if sop is required.. i ll try to fill it online..

THanks,,

Hey fms aspirants...

Can anyone who has proceeded with form filling it in online mode tell me whether do we have to give them the sop this time or not??

but sop was required...

THanks,,

I would like to answer your querry. But what is this 'SOP' you are reffering to?

could somebody tell how i can take digital impression of my left thumb?

kazeemshaik Says
could somebody tell how i can take digital impression of my left thumb?

Put the thumb impression on a piece of plain white paper. Get it scanned as JPG image, & upload on the online form.

Trust FMS to come up with such ideas! Typical of a stinking bureaucratic Indian set-up.

Having a full fledged online Registration is a gud idea. But they shouldn't have withdrawn the option to Download Application Form. If it had been there, we could have easily printed it, filled and send it along with a DD. Now we all have to go to the select list of SBI branches to buy the form. Most of us will have to travel a long distance to go to the nearest branch. (The Alternative of Online Application is terrible, as of now.)

kaarun Says
But what is this 'SOP' you are reffering to?

last year we hads to fill a statement of purpose along with the application... there were questions like why fms, hwy mba... what are ur goals.... a bit tedious process i would say....
Hey fms aspirants...

but sop was required...

THanks,,

lakshmisagar Says
last year we hads to fill a statement of purpose along with the application... there were questions like why fms, hwy mba... what are ur goals.... a bit tedious process i would say....

@steveaustin
I have filled the online form using some dummy values. There was no statement of purpose or any other questions that need a subjective answer. Only the academic, personal and work-ex details were asked. :-P