fms 2009-11.. hostels/flats etcetera

This is especially for all the girls who made it to fms mba-ft this year. Can we please try and figure out places to stay in, since classes begin on the 1st of July and Hostel admissions in d.u. begin only around august. (i’ve lived here for the l…

This is especially for all the girls who made it to fms mba-ft this year. Can we please try and figure out places to stay in, since classes begin on the 1st of July and Hostel admissions in d.u. begin only around august. (i've lived here for the last two years, trust me on this one).
So, assuming you are a non-delhiite and female and have made it to fms, what are the options you're looking at? I've lived in a campus hostel (Meghdoot) for two years, and the only upside i can think of right now is that it is on campus. if anyone is applying to the off-campus D.U. hostels (international, North-east and D-School), could you please let me know, since it's better if more than two people live in close proximity- given the fact that these hostels, while really nice otherwise, are a 15 minute rickshaw ride away from campus and (also) might have earlier deadlines. (Apparently these might be huge disadvantages in a b-school, a/c to some seniors).
again, if people are looking at flats etcetera, could you please get in touch with me, with the details (budget, location, no of people etcetera). i'm sorry if this is slightly manic posting, but my exams are on and I'm leaving within a week of their getting over, so i need this sorted out as early as is possible. Thanks, and apologies if it's been TMI.
Anannya

This is especially for all the girls who made it to fms mba-ft this year. Can we please try and figure out places to stay in, since classes begin on the 1st of July and Hostel admissions in d.u. begin only around august. (i've lived here for the last two years, trust me on this one).
So, assuming you are a non-delhiite and female and have made it to fms, what are the options you're looking at? I've lived in a campus hostel (Meghdoot) for two years, and the only upside i can think of right now is that it is on campus. if anyone is applying to the off-campus D.U. hostels (international, North-east and D-School), could you please let me know, since it's better if more than two people live in close proximity- given the fact that these hostels, while really nice otherwise, are a 15 minute rickshaw ride away from campus and (also) might have earlier deadlines. (Apparently these might be huge disadvantages in a b-school, a/c to some seniors).
again, if people are looking at flats etcetera, could you please get in touch with me, with the details (budget, location, no of people etcetera). i'm sorry if this is slightly manic posting, but my exams are on and I'm leaving within a week of their getting over, so i need this sorted out as early as is possible. Thanks, and apologies if it's been TMI.
Anannya

Hey, I have not yet got into FMS. I'm waitlisted as of now.
Also, I have no idea about D.U at all. So would love to get some help from you. I will get in touch with you once my admission is confirmed. (Hoping that it actually does get confirmed--).

well im from delhi and i was under the impression that everyone guys girls alike bunked up in PGs or flats...So probably will do the same....dunno how its coordinated but hopefully it will be done before july.....

sidggw Says
well im from delhi and i was under the impression that everyone guys girls alike bunked up in PGs or flats...So probably will do the same....dunno how its coordinated but hopefully it will be done before july.....

wat i heard was that ki boys get hostel accomodation bus based on the marks..but i dont know which marks, percentile or the final marks (after gd pi)

Hey gals,

I have been waitlisted at 20 for FT. Hoping to clear it.

I am a non-delhite and frankly, have no idea whatsoever of how PGs work in Delhi. So any help is really appreciated. I spoke to a senior before and she suggested going for a PG since thats the best option. Lot many ppl live in kamalanagar if I am not wrong.

And if the hostel admissions dont start till August, where exactly do the girls put up meanwhile?
Those among you who hav confirmed admission, have you any concrete plans yet? thanks loads for sharing info ya.. 😃

Hey everyone,
I have been selected for the mba ft program. I am from Bombay, i think it would be a good idea for the ft gals to hunt for a place to stay together in the same pg or something. I have very little idea how to go about this, maybe some contact numbers of a few pgs would help? Also, if we can get an idea of how many gals are looking for accommodation then we can go ahead and start hunting for places together?

okay, anannya here again.
the options for girls are
a) D.u. hostels on campus- i.e. Meghdoot and P.G.W. They take in two people, max (each), and mEghdoot might or might not have seats dfor mba students. You'l have to share rooms in first year, (pgw has really tiny rooms, meghdoot slightly bigger ones). PGW has a permanent water crisis, and meghdoot is going thru one as well. on the upside, they're both on campus and cheap- within 26k annually.

B) D.U>. Hostels in Indra Vihar. Single rooms, great facilities, bus service from 9 a.m. till 5 p.m. Not so sure of deadlines (unlike meghdoot which has an 11 p.m. deadline). after the last bus you'll have to depend on metro
+ feeder bus service/ rickshaws. other downside is the price tag, approximately 50k per annum.

C) Flats- depends on location and budget and no. of people sharing. Kamla nagar and Roop Nagar are the closest, I don't think there are flats available near malkaganj. Hudson lines and Vijay nagar are a little far off, but more accessible than indra vihar. pros- can get single rooms and independence, cons- erm, well, will need to organise everything, from cooking, cleaning, groceries, laundry, to getting the maid to come on time. From personal experience and the experience of friends, the monthly expense can go upto about 6k, at least.

D) PGs- again, depending on location and budget and pg owner. if you're lucky, they live up to 75% of their promises and are hassle free. If you're unlucky, heaven help you. expenses again vary from pg to pg.

working within these broad parameters, we now need to figure out a way to coordinate between people, depending on budget and preference. It'd be nice if seniors could give us some tips- flats over pgs, how problematic the distance between the Indra Vihar hostels and FMS could be in terms of schedules and stuff. I think two women from the 2006-2008 batch were in NE hostel in Indra Vihar, and it worked out fine for them. So if more than one person opts for one of the three hostels in Indra Vihar, I'm game for those. Apart from that I'd heard of the 8/8 flat (I think that's what it's called) where fms students stay. Does anyone know where that is, and if slots are likely to be free for the next session? any information is good information right now, so please help. :)
thanks,
anannya

Sorry for bumping here, but you girls are discussing something where you need some info from present batch and I see only this yr joinees. Just call some person from current batch, or the GSec and ask them for a phone number of a girl living in acco there. You will get all the gyan in minutes.

There are some accommodations which have been passed from one batch to another (benefit of 2 yr MBA) and you can just cozy urself there with ur senior and enjoy all inherent benfits as well as inside gossips!

In case you are having trouble getting numbers, just check in FMS.edu website. Atleast the people who worked for fiesta annual fest would have their numbers published online on site.

hey!

have buzzed the current Gsec abt this thread.. expect a response from them soon enuff..

all the best to u all!!

cheers
gaurav

hey!

have buzzed the current Gsec abt this thread.. expect a response from them soon enuff..

all the best to u all!!

cheers
gaurav

people searching acco in Delhi... and want numbers and leads of broakers can post here....

Hi!
Sorry, none of us have helped out at all with the acco problems for girls, summer internships have just started and all of us are swamped with work!!
Well, as far as hostels are concerned, there's just one girl in my batch staying in the university hostel, there are very few seats for FMS girls, so those aren't really an option. So don't worry about those hostel admissions starting in August..nobody stays there. The first semester's really hectic and tiring, so if you're thinking of taking up a flat, let me warn you that it really won't be easy-there are water problems, and food problems and power problems. There's a hostel called Manmit at Kamalanagar and there's another PG sort of thing called C-14, it's a little farher off from college than Manmit is. As for flats, the good ones are a little far, so that could be a bit of a problem. Anyway, my number's 9222302308 or 09717798820 ( that's a Delhi number, which explains the 0). I'm presently interning at Bombay, so call anytime with your doubts, like Vodafone, I owuld be happy to help!!
Cheers,
Vansa David
FMS 2008-2010

pls do post some leads...Especially about the seniors who are leaving their apartments etc..btw im giong this week to north campus to check it out .... so any contact nos of seniors or brokers would be a great help....thanks in advance

sidggw Says
pls do post some leads...Especially about the seniors who are leaving their apartments etc..btw im giong this week to north campus to check out the options so any contact nos of seniors or brokers would be a great help....thanks in advance

my sincere advice to people having percentiles below 99 or may be 99.5 to come down to north campus a few days in advance and search for rooms in and out of the campus....
because it'll ba difficult for people to search when the session starts... others can stay in hostel VKRV rao on a temporary basis till the final hostel list is out...

Interested people can contact

Ful Singh - 9811441283

friendly fellow... providing acco to FMS students for past 5 years

okay, first things first.. thanks a ton, seniors, for the info.:). i'd like to know a few more things, though, so here goes.
I have a 99.83 percentile in the general category. which means i have a middling to fair chance(hopefully) of making it to one of the d.u. hostels. now what I'd like to know is, would living in one of the indra vihar hostels make it too much of a problem, in terms of distance from campus and deadlines etcetera- since people have to work together for assignments and projects and pull all nighters?
also, is the first month really terribly hectic? in which case, is it better that i live on campus, evn if it is as a guest resident in my old hostel, since both accessibility and food-type concerns are taken care of? or is it wiser to look for accommodation with other fms people? in terms of sharing the workload, similar hours etcetera?
finally, is it likely that fms will shift wholly to south campus in the near future? or at least within the next two years? i know it's unlikely that an of the students will know anything concrete about this, but doesn't hurt to ask. :)
thank you so much,
anannya.

*make that a 99.823 percentile. eek. apologies.:oops:

my sincere advice to people having percentiles below 99 or may be 99.5 to come down to north campus a few days in advance and search for rooms in and out of the campus....
because it'll ba difficult for people to search when the session starts... others can stay in hostel VKRV rao on a temporary basis till the final hostel list is out...

does that mean hostels are allotted based on percentile scores and not the final score (which includes gdpi)...