FMS 2006. ..How was it?

hi friends, Allow me to start a thread where we all can discuss about FMS-FT -the feel good exam.!! :: We shall discuss here the tits n bits of FMS, the likely cut-offs n all what we PGites are famous for!! Cheers ::

hi friends,

Allow me to start a thread where we all can discuss about FMS-FT -the feel good exam.!!

We shall discuss here the tits n bits of FMS, the likely cut-offs n all what we PGites are famous for!!

Cheers

hi all,

Well FMS, as always, was feel good experiance.
With lots of joicy full tosses in form of QA n LR..Which was straight of the book, the cut-offs seem to be pretty high?

What are Ur takes, friends?

RCs are very tough.

Total 97 attempts.
Hope there's no sectional cut offs.

Attempted none of the RCs.

Vat will be the cut offs like

attempted around 100
didnt attempt even 1 question in DI
i guess the cut off will be around 560

attempted around 100

hey,

560 implies 140 questions man!! I don't think that the cut-off will go beyond 430+/-10....

What do U all think?

hey people,

although i feel my FMS paper went ok, i am a little disappointed about my number of attempts. i managed only 120. but my accuracy should b good. hey someone should start a poll about the no. of attempts people have made.i wanted to but couldn't figure out how to. lol.

do you get to know percantilies, or do the FMS guys simply inform you if you are shortlisted?

RCs are very tough.

Total 97 attempts.
Hope there's no sectional cut offs.

Attempted none of the RCs.

Vat will be the cut offs like

hmm,

No..

There are no sectionals in FMS delhi..!!
Sectionas are relevant when there are distinctions in a paper...

Cheer up..
attempted around 100

560 will bw too much. It would not go beyong 450+/- 20.

I did about 85 attempts equivalent to 340 marks....math and eng i doubt i have got anything wrong....but di which i hardly attempted caused mess bcoz i wasted good time there......i wonder i will get thru bcoz cut offs could be high this time.....i am expecting between 320-330....maths was a cakewalk....and i did just 2 rcs...the ones which had the max no. of questions...but i could have done more if i never wasted time on di/lr....an easy paper as usual....but wat matters is the cut-off....easy for everyone implies high cut offs...so i guess no chances for me/....

hmm,

No..

There are no sectionals in FMS delhi..!!
Sectionas are relevant when there are distinctions in a paper...

Cheer up..

Thanks. When will the calls come for GD/PI. Any idea?

Poll added...Enjoy

Verbal and Quant were very very simple . One could attempt almost all the questions . no idea abput DI because i didnt have time to look at even 1 question in DI . I think the cut off will be very very high 😞 i dunno..or probably its just me feeling very very sad 😞

do you get to know percantilies, or do the FMS guys simply inform you if you are shortlisted?

FMS declares the result on its website, where we can see the names of shortlisted candidates alongwith their roll numbers....

Last year, there were no percentiles being declared, not even Ur rank..
Don't know what will be the order of the day, this time..

hi all.. attmptd 100+ qusts(though not sure as did't hv time to count)..dissapntd as wastd a lot of time on RCs and vocab.. shd hv spent tht time on maths n LR wch wr cake..RCs wr bad xcpt the Napster one wch had only 4 Qs..!

Quant and LR were really easy, RC was moderate difficulty level,

Cutoff will not be more than 350.......

sidhantbahl Says
hi all.. attmptd 100+ qusts(though not sure as did't hv time to count)..dissapntd as wastd a lot of time on RCs and vocab.. shd hv spent tht time on maths n LR wch wr cake..RCs wr bad xcpt the Napster one wch had only 4 Qs..!

my take on sections:
RC's: Moderate level of difficulty(One of them being of very tuf difficulty level:that organisation model one)
EU: Quite vocab heavy
QA: Cakewalk..
DI:Absent
LR:Very easy if one chose the right ones..

All in all, a balanced paper, inviting reasonably high cut-offs, in excess of 400, I think!!

attempted 130+- (3-4), accuracy shld be good.....but the cutoffs posted above are pretty scary....i dot think they can be amywhere close to 500

by the way.. wat was the logic to solve for the missing no. in the 2 sodoku kinda Qs.