FMS 2005 GD/PI experiences

Guys, the FMS 2005 interviews are starting from tomorrow Do post your GD/PI experiences on this thread Best of luck to everybody!!

Guys, the FMS 2005 interviews are starting from tomorrow

Do post your GD/PI experiences on this thread

Best of luck to everybody!!

hey guys there is already a thread on this topic....so guys pl continue here pl continue here http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/fms-gd-pi-help-experiences-n-advise-25007060

hi moron

let there be a separate thread for GD/PI experiences so that next year guys wont have any problem.
Guys

go and crack GD/PI

best of luck

all the best ppl!
go crack it!!!!!!
japnit

No experiences as yet?
Guys pour in your experiences....
everybody is eagerly waiting

hey guys please post ur messages...
Tum apna experience batao, Bhagwan tumhe admission dilayenge:) .

please let us know wat happened in the interviews. I have my interview on 14th, so am pretty anxious about it, and i m sure others are also waiting to know the experience .

ATB
Sankalp

Hi all, here goes the first FMS gd/pi exp...

12th March, 9 AM slot...
Group of 13 ppl... first led in for GD...
13ppl, 13 mins.... one person has to go pick up a topic from a box...ours was "Destiny determines a person's life".... they gave us one minute to think and the rest is all history... I dont know what a fishmarket is... but here at any given point, there were four ppl speaking...also the seating arrangement of the group was such that it was a widened semi circle facing the panel..hardly a group formation if u ask me..
Anyway, I got to speak only twice...that also I had to shout my heart out :(

Next came Interview... I was No.4... I go in... they go thru the form that we filled...
My Extempore topic was "Polymer Science"..(relax, I'm a Polymer Engineer)...then some time on what all we study blah blah..suddenly one of the panelists jumped to R&D..I; have no idea abt he R&D; sector...and he asked me what percentage of India's GDP is spent on R&D; and all .. no idea... anyway he's like ..anything I said, he kept contradicting....

I had written something abt marketing in my SOP...they asked me how would I be good at marketing... I said something abt creative instinct, convincing ppl, outgoing blah blah... The lady said I didnt seem to outgoing in the GD...then how come?

I so much as told them that I dont expect four ppl to yell me down in a company all the time...some thing blah blah...

That's it... the panel kept smiling all the time..don't know if they were laughing at me or just being nice...feels like the former...
Anyway, post some comments guys, on how it was...I'm feeling down in the dumps... I'm thinking FMS is out for me ..

Best of luck to every1 else...

Aishwarya

12th March, 9 AM slot...
13ppl, 13 mins.... one person has to go pick up a topic from a box...ours was "Destiny determines a person's life".... they gave us one minute to think and the rest is all history... I dont know what a fishmarket is... but here at any given point, there were four ppl speaking...also the seating arrangement of the group was such that it was a widened semi circle facing the panel..hardly a group formation if u ask me..

Next came Interview... I was No.4... I go in... they go thru the form that we filled...
My Extempore topic was "Polymer Science"..(relax, I'm a Polymer Engineer)...then some time on what all we study blah blah..suddenly one of the panelists jumped to R&D..I; have no idea abt he R&D; sector...and he asked me what percentage of India's GDP is spent on R&D; and all .. no idea... anyway he's like ..anything I said, he kept contradicting....

I had written something abt marketing in my SOP...they asked me how would I be good at marketing... I said something abt creative instinct, convincing ppl, outgoing blah blah... The lady said I didnt seem to outgoing in the GD...then how come?

I so much as told them that I dont expect four ppl to yell me down in a company all the time...some thing blah blah...

That's it... the panel kept smiling all the time..don't know if they were laughing at me or just being nice...feels like the latter...
Anyway, post some comments guys, on how it was...I'm feeling down in the dumps... I'm thinking FMS is out for me ..

Aishwarya

hi,
dont feel bad about the interview.....u never know wat they are looking at. and the GD was bad for everyone, so it doesnt matter.
did they give u time to think for the extempore??????????
and how long did ur interview last for?

12th March, 9 AM slot...

That's it... the panel kept smiling all the time..don't know if they were laughing at me or just being nice...feels like the latter...

Aishwarya

Hi Aishwarya,

Thanks for being the first one to post ur experience.Since u were the first one to post it on PG I am sure u will make it . So just relax and don't think abt the interviews, one of my friends had a similar PI last year and had managed to convert the call, so keep ur fingers crossed.

By the way how did the interview begin? Any Tell me abt urself Q's?Hobbies?Did they grill u on SOP?

Anways all the best!!

Pete.
Hey ash
You never know what they are looking for. And the interview seems to have gone fine.

keep your fingers crossed.

Hi all, thanks for the vote of confidence 😃 :)
The interviews in general lasted for abt 15 mins...and there's no tell me abt urself question...at least it wasnt for anyone around me...
For the extempore u can prob take five to ten seconds to think..that's it...then u start speaking for a min..relax..the extempore topics are very related to who u are as a person... this one guy named aditya was asked to speak on aditya birla.. etc.. so just chill...

Best of luck..

Aish

Me having my fms gd pi on 16th 1 30 pm.............few questions 2 ask b4 tat

1. du they give any time 2 think b4 extempore

2. wat is approx time duration of an interview and importance of sop in the interview

3. ne idea abt how the people r called (eg all from a city in a group or randomly or alphabetical etc.)

4. grilling on acads etc.

btw...what abt fms-ms interviews...i guess tat were supposed 2 begin 2day ( i m having mne on 15th 9 : 30 am)

DO THOSE PPL WANT THE XEROX N ATTESTED COPIES OF CREDENTIALS ?????

I HAV INTERVIEW ON SUNDAY MORNING PLS REPLY FAST WHO EVER KNOW.

TY

Urs

IMMIES.

DO THOSE PPL WANT THE XEROX N ATTESTED COPIES OF CREDENTIALS ?????

I HAV INTERVIEW ON SUNDAY MORNING PLS REPLY FAST WHO EVER KNOW.

Ya, its written in the call letter that we have to bring the originals as well as the attested copies of the certificates.

Time slot 2:30.. reached FMS at 1:30...sat outside the college for about half an hour.. what a treat to watch the crowd..... amazing...

saw lot of guys crowding in one narrow corridor... someone broke the news that the 10:30 slot is yet to start their interview.. . great...

Had a look around ...and man I was impressed ..what an infrastructure....

well.. filled up a one page registration form.. and a person checked the DOB and degree percentage from the original certificate and asked me to wait in hall 12.

each time slot had two panels of 12-13 people in each.. and first the GD is held.. one person was asked to pick up a chit on which topic was written... "everything in this world is maya"...

12min and 1min to summarize.

the 1st person in the group started defining maya....(oh GOD what crap)... then this lady..with a baby born with 5 senses..dying with five senses... and then hell broke loose... "fishmarket" is too soft a word to use.. any way..this person who didn't sell his fish much was asked to summarize...and he did a decent job... and then comes the best part..

before the GD we all had a piece of paper to pin our thoughts.. and when the GD got over this faculty said.." leave your paper on this desk"... on the far side of the room was a small table on the corner of which was kept a crumpled paper.. the 1st person crushed his paper into a snowball ..and kept it there and then every one..... kind of hesitating and then sccumbling to the herd mentality..crushed their piece of paper..kept it on the table .. and left the room..

Interview followed soon... They lasted for about 5-8 min for each.. infact the slot before us was having interview of 5 min avg.. with some even for 2-3 min...

three faculty members in the interview (infact GD also..same panel) l... this lady(aunty types...I1)..one old fragile ..cunning looking prof..(did most of the talking...I2)... another prof...I3

I2: started by asking the meaning of my name.. these FMS guys are obessed with this name funda... I mean every other person was asked on this.. (mostly for extempore..)
I1: yawning... totally bored..
I3: day dreaming...
me : decent answer...

I2: asked me to talk on my hobby for the extempore... (ur time starts now..)
me: blah blah... I1 setting her sari ... I2 busy looking at his antiquated stop watch ...

I2: ok why MBA... why did you leave this company..join this one..
me: blah blah... justyfying,,types..

I3 wakes up:no u sud continue the job..its a gud company...
me: justyfying....

I2:...how much does ur company ..pay for MBA's.
me:.(.u sud be telling me this ..any way).. 6-7 for freshers..and more depending on ur relevant industry experience...
some more questions...

ok fine. u may get lost...

lasted i think 5-7 min..

left the campus at about 5pm... what a crowd... amazing...!!

OK now some tips from my side to those yet to go..
go thru ur hobby extra curri.. SOP... ur extempore most prob will be from there...or ur name..
some extempore.....
1. this person from hansraj.. ..speak on lala hansraj..
2. jersey no 10..(hobby soccer..)
in the GD try to be the first person to speak... and practise shouting on top of ur voice....

best of luck... those who have high expectation are in for a shock..

bye.

FMS needs FDI...Is PC listening...

that was a very good description no_iim
going by the way you and ash described the gd and the short interviews, i think written will carry a lot of weightage. whats your say?

by the way, how long was your extempore? and how much time did the whole process take?

hi everyone

i was scheduled for 1030 batch..
reached at 1000

step 1 : get urself registered at the desk on the 1st floor. they will check ur 10th marksheet to verify ur date of birth.
also u need to show the degree certificate or the last available marksheet..
thats it, pretty easy.

step 2: wait

step 3: GD
13 guys (all guys group)
topic: "women are the torch-bearers for indian culture"
13 minutes (equal to no of students in batch)

step 4: fishmarket ( no, no... thats not what i m recommending))
thats just the result of having such a goddam easy topic..

had huge probs getting my points in...... managed about 3 (i think, i hope...)
i tried listening, taht too in vain....
jus cudnt understand one bit of the chaos...

step 5: PI

hey, this is the easiest part of the process.... just chillax..
no fundas, no gyaan, no stress, no time too:huh:

my PI lasted for not more than 4 minutes

panel size 4

was asked just 4 questions boo...hooo

answered them pretty satisfactorily.... but cmon just 4 q's???

q1: on electronic companies.... i anwer
q2: motorola management practice.. i said i m not aware of it
q3: six sigma... ya ya i know, try to explain with a counter or two
q4: q on my sop... pretty easy... on a quote i had mentioned.

am really stumped on my chances... how the heck can they judge me/ or anyone else in under 5 minutes..

guys, all the best

arjun

PS: guys, please please give some comments.

My feeling is that it's GD+Extempore that will matter. PI will just be a filter for re-confirmation to select a candidate.

I don't think written scores matter once you are called for the 2nd round.