Finding the right MBA - targeting Risk mngmt & insurance industry

Dear PGites, Firstly, my profile - Bachelors in Mech Engg from Andhra University, Vizag. Will have about 55 months of wrk ex by fall 2007(my proposed entry) of which 50 would be from a Leading general insurance co. in India. will be in a…

Dear PGites,

Firstly, my profile -
Bachelors in Mech Engg from Andhra University, Vizag.
Will have about 55 months of wrk ex by fall 2007(my proposed entry) of which 50 would be from a Leading general insurance co. in India. will be in a middle level mngmt by then.
GMAT - 700 :satisfie: , acads - 69 %:(
Mediocre extra curric at college level, more than avg initiatives & leadership skills shown at work. Since we have to give back to the community something which we might have taken, involved in some social activities as well:angel: .

I wanna stick to my area - Insurance. But the exposure & pace of growth here are not as expected. wanna test new waters and and give legs if not wings to my career.
I am doing some home work finding the right school to do an MBA in universities abroad.:confused:
I have zeroed in on
Univ of Wisconsin - Madison. MBA with Risk Mngmt & Insurance.
Univ of Georgia(Terry). MBA with Risk Mngmt & insurance.
Pennstate(Smeal). MBA with Investment Mngmt.
I also have St. John's Peter J Tobin School in Newyork with MBA in Risk & Insurance .
and also Temple Univ's Fox School with Risk & insurance.

I am banking on assistantships/ scholarships apart from the study loan which i would take if i get an admit.

Can you guys lemme know thru ur experiences/ knowledge how these schools are in terms of placements/ career prospects/ assistantships/ scholarships/ cost of living/ admission criteria and anything and everything :tellme: .
And do i have to apply for a Z grade school in the lot to be sure of crossing the atlantic ?

Thanks in advance pals,

Shivanand.

Dear PGites,

Firstly, my profile -
Bachelors in Mech Engg from Andhra University, Vizag.
Will have about 55 months of wrk ex by fall 2007(my proposed entry) of which 50 would be from a Leading general insurance co. in India. will be in a middle level mngmt by then.
GMAT - 700 :satisfie: , acads - 69 %:(
Mediocre extra curric at college level, more than avg initiatives & leadership skills shown at work. Since we have to give back to the community something which we might have taken, involved in some social activities as well:angel: .

I wanna stick to my area - Insurance. But the exposure & pace of growth here are not as expected. wanna test new waters and and give legs if not wings to my career.
I am doing some home work finding the right school to do an MBA in universities abroad.:confused:
I have zeroed in on
Univ of Wisconsin - Madison. MBA with Risk Mngmt & Insurance.
Univ of Georgia(Terry). MBA with Risk Mngmt & insurance.
Pennstate(Smeal). MBA with Investment Mngmt.
I also have St. John's Peter J Tobin School in Newyork with MBA in Risk & Insurance .
and also Temple Univ's Fox School with Risk & insurance.

I am banking on assistantships/ scholarships apart from the study loan which i would take if i get an admit.

Can you guys lemme know thru ur experiences/ knowledge how these schools are in terms of placements/ career prospects/ assistantships/ scholarships/ cost of living/ admission criteria and anything and everything :tellme: .
And do i have to apply for a Z grade school in the lot to be sure of crossing the atlantic ?

Thanks in advance pals,

Shivanand.

Don't worry you will get into a very good b-schools IF YOU KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE APPLICATION GAME.

I posted a reply to your query on the Stanford thread.

Senapati
Stanford 2006 Admit