Financing of 'management studies' in US

Someone please throw some light on financing study in US. What are the requirements. Which banks give loans, how much and what do they ask as colateral. Please answer from the point of view of a Indian. Is it possible to do management study…

Someone please throw some light on financing study in US. What are the requirements. Which banks give loans, how much and what do they ask as colateral.
Please answer from the point of view of a Indian.

Is it possible to do management study in US without family's fianancial support and if yes then how?

Someone please throw some light on financing study in US. What are the requirements. Which banks give loans, how much and what do they ask as colateral. Please answer from the point of view of a Indian.

Is it possible to do management study in US without family's fianancial support and if yes then how?

All major banks (SBI,etc) offer education loans. Contact them directly for getting first hand information on specifics. you will save yourself a lot of time by dealing with the banks directly. you might be able to get loan scholarships(interest free) from trusts like Ratan Tata ,Mariwala Trust and the like. if you run a search, you might come across many institutions that offer loan scholarships or loans at a low interest rate.

Just for closure, allow me to say something about funding your MBA.

IMO, MBA is an investment like most other education opportunities. It can be an asset or a liability depending on where you get your MBA from. Most top schools will not provide scholarships, but if you plan to spend ATLEAST the next decade in the US, it makes sense to take your best shot and study at the best B-School possible. Not only will you get a decent ROI , but also you will get a *lot* of exposure to many more careers than just investment banking and consulting. :)

You might be able to get loans from the US with a citizen co-sponsor, but you might have a tough time explaining to the consular officer how you plan to repay a USD loan with an Indian salary ( its a Non Immigrant Visa, so you got to show intent that you want to come back home).

Hope this helps

Sincerely
Aejaz

Your initial guidance will help me out to start with my search. Thanks a ton.

chk out www.myrichuncle.com