Final Placements at XIMB - Xuberance 2008

XIMB churns out millionaires Xuberance 2008, the Annual Campus Recruitment Program of Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB) was carried out amidst much enthusiasm. XIMB lived upto its record of excellent placements by placin…

XIMB churns out millionaires

Xuberance 2008, the Annual Campus Recruitment Program of Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB) was carried out amidst much enthusiasm. XIMB lived upto its record of excellent placements by placing both the PGDM and PGDM(RM) batches of the Class of 2008 in style on Day 1.

In the case of the PGDM batch, out of the more than 100 companies that had evinced interest to participate in the placement process, 75 were slotted out of which 62 companies were lucky enough to recruit before the end of the placement process. A total of 248 offers were made to a batch of 118 students which lead to an average of 2.1 offers per student. Along with the regular recruiters such as JP MorganChase, Olam International, ICICI Bank, TCS, Price WaterHouseCoopers and Marico, the campus saw a huge jump in the number of new recruiters with as many as 17 new companies visiting the campus for the first time. Among the new companies were Mediacom, HSBC Bank, Irevna, SEBI, Verizon, Aptivaa Consulting, Barclays Bank PLC, Vodafone, RPG, Glenmark Pharma, Deutsche Bank, Hindustan Times, Hewitt Associates, Deloitte Consulting and many more. The breadth of profiles offered to the students this year was astounding with profiles as diverse as Treasury Management, SCM consulting, Risk Management and Investment Banking, Wealth Management, Corporate Banking being on offer.

Finance proved to be the major draw this year with 35 % of the batch signing out with offers from Banks and other financial institutions. Among the many finance majors which visited the campus were Deutsche Bank, Barclays Bank PLC, HSBC, SEBI, Axis Bank, Irevna, ICICI Bank and SBI Caps. The highest offer went up to Rs.16.5 lpa, which was offered by JP Morgan Chase.

In the IT/ITES sector, apart from the regular recruiters like TCS, Wipro , Infosys, and Cognizant , this year saw the advent of several new recruiters like Verizon , Barclays Technology Services and WNS Global. The highest salary on offer was Rs.12 lpa.

The Marketing area saw new companies like Vodafone, RPG, Idea Cellular, Mediacom, HT Media and the Trident group apart from the FMCG regulars like Marico and Godrej. The highest salaries in the FMCG and Media sector were Rs. 10.5 lpa and Rs. 11.5 lpa respectively.

The HR and consulting scene looked bright with companies like Hewitt Associates, Delloite & Touche, Aptivaa Consulting sharing space alongside the regular recruiters like Ernst & Young, Tata Group HR, Grow Talent and PriceWaterHouse Coopers. The salaries in this area were as high as Rs. 13 lpa.

This year also saw a jump in the number of PPO/PPIs offers to 32 offers. There were a total of 4 international offers made and the highest offer of $85,000 was made by Olam International. The highest domestic offer of Rs. 16.5 lpa was made by JP Morgan Chase. The average salary saw a considerable hike by 15% to Rs. 10.12 lpa .This was a 100% increase in salary over the last three years. The mean domestic salary figures were an impressive Rs. 9.56 lpa whereas the median for the same stood at Rs. 9.5 lpa. The lowest domestic salary was Rs. 6.5 lacs.

In the case of the PGDM(RM) batch , 18 companies visited the campus and made a total of 75 offers to a batch of 61 students which works out to 1.23 offers per student. There were a number of new recruiters like IMRB international, Research International, Reliance Life Insurance, ICICI Lombard, IOCL and IFMR(CDF) in addition to regulars like Amul, Monsanto, SKS Microfinance and HDFC Bank. The profiles offered stretched across the areas of Agribusiness, Banking and Insurance, Development & Microfinance and Research. On many occasions the profiles offered to the candidates were developed and designed mutually by the recruiter and the candidate. This resulted in many challenging and enriching profiles being on offer.

The highest salary offered was Rs.8.50 lpa while the average salary stood at Rs. 6.01 lpa which was an 18 % increase over last year. The median salary was Rs. 5.85 lacs with 45 % of the batch securing a salary higher than Rs. 6 lpa.

Regards,

VITS

P.S. I'm heading to SEBI!

Xuberance 2008, the Annual Campus Recruitment Program of Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB) was carried out amidst much enthusiasm. XIMB lived upto its record of excellent placements by placing both the PGDM and PGDM(RM) batches of the Class of 2008 in style on Day 1.

In the case of the PGDM batch, out of the more than 100 companies that had evinced interest to participate in the placement process, 75 were slotted out of which 62 companies were lucky enough to recruit before the end of the placement process. A total of 248 offers were made to a batch of 118 students which lead to an average of 2.1 offers per student. Along with the regular recruiters such as JP MorganChase, Olam International, ICICI Bank, TCS, Price WaterHouseCoopers and Marico, the campus saw a huge jump in the number of new recruiters with as many as 17 new companies visiting the campus for the first time. Among the new companies were Mediacom, HSBC Bank, Irevna, SEBI, Verizon, Aptivaa Consulting, Barclays Bank PLC, Vodafone, RPG, Glenmark Pharma, Deutsche Bank, Hindustan Times, Hewitt Associates, Deloitte Consulting and many more. The breadth of profiles offered to the students this year was astounding with profiles as diverse as Treasury Management, SCM consulting, Risk Management and Investment Banking, Wealth Management, Corporate Banking being on offer.

Finance proved to be the major draw this year with 35 % of the batch signing out with offers from Banks and other financial institutions. Among the many finance majors which visited the campus were Deutsche Bank, Barclays Bank PLC, HSBC, SEBI, Axis Bank, Irevna, ICICI Bank and SBI Caps. The highest offer went up to Rs.16.5 lpa, which was offered by JP Morgan Chase.

In the IT/ITES sector, apart from the regular recruiters like TCS, Wipro , Infosys, and Cognizant , this year saw the advent of several new recruiters like Verizon , Barclays Technology Services and WNS Global. The highest salary on offer was Rs.12 lpa.

The Marketing area saw new companies like Vodafone, RPG, Idea Cellular, Mediacom, HT Media and the Trident group apart from the FMCG regulars like Marico and Godrej. The highest salaries in the FMCG and Media sector were Rs. 10.5 lpa and Rs. 11.5 lpa respectively.

The HR and consulting scene looked bright with companies like Hewitt Associates, Delloite & Touche, Aptivaa Consulting sharing space alongside the regular recruiters like Ernst & Young, Tata Group HR, Grow Talent and PriceWaterHouse Coopers. The salaries in this area were as high as Rs. 13 lpa.

This year also saw a jump in the number of PPO/PPIs offers to 32 offers. There were a total of 4 international offers made and the highest offer of $85,000 was made by Olam International. The highest domestic offer of Rs. 16.5 lpa was made by JP Morgan Chase. The average salary saw a considerable hike by 15% to Rs. 10.12 lpa .This was a 100% increase in salary over the last three years. The mean domestic salary figures were an impressive Rs. 9.56 lpa whereas the median for the same stood at Rs. 9.5 lpa. The lowest domestic salary was Rs. 6.5 lacs.

In the case of the PGDM(RM) batch , 18 companies visited the campus and made a total of 75 offers to a batch of 61 students which works out to 1.23 offers per student. There were a number of new recruiters like IMRB international, Research International, Reliance Life Insurance, ICICI Lombard, IOCL and IFMR(CDF) in addition to regulars like Amul, Monsanto, SKS Microfinance and HDFC Bank. The profiles offered stretched across the areas of Agribusiness, Banking and Insurance, Development & Microfinance and Research. On many occasions the profiles offered to the candidates were developed and designed mutually by the recruiter and the candidate. This resulted in many challenging and enriching profiles being on offer.

The highest salary offered was Rs.8.50 lpa while the average salary stood at Rs. 6.01 lpa which was an 18 % increase over last year. The median salary was Rs. 5.85 lacs with 45 % of the batch securing a salary higher than Rs. 6 lpa.

Regards,

VITS

Great Going!!! U have every reason to be proud of your Institute....am proud to get a call for the same.

MavericK is headed to Cognizant and back to a very hot chennai !!!

Byzantine is headed to wipro with an awesome profile of a product manager!!
Little Wanderer is headed to Wipro Consumer Care with her dream job of SCM consulting.

Excellent placements.!!

More strong reasons to convert the call! 😃

Now ... this is nice.... It gives me more motivation to "screw the IIMs... take up XIMB" theory... :wink:

Gr888 show pals...looks like a lot in store for the coming batches...

Good stuff XIMB :thumbsup:

Congrats to vits for SEBI
Anil for Cogni ... Maverick will be back on PG with a vengeance .. more threads getting locked 😉
Byzantine for Wipro and Little Wanderer for a Great profile :thumbsup:

Looks like 10 lac starting is now a norm for all bschoolssuppydog:.

The domestic average is 9.56 LPA

Dont look at the salary figures. :)
Take a look at the cos. that have landed and the profiles that have been offered.
A nice break up among all verticals XIMB 😃

Congrats to all XIMBians ...

Looks like another great placements season shaping up for all B Schools

wow, neat placements. Now three little questions.

The guy/girl who got the top offer from JP at 16,
(i) Did he/she take up the offer?
(ii) What profile & which group was this profile for?
(iii) What was his workex profile like?

The answers to these will help us (all) a ton (or maybe a ton and a half).

Thanks and congrats guys! For VITS, maybe I'll see you here at BKC, Mumbai; I'm with il&fs;, the next building :razz:

Hello, i am Rahul.....got a call.
Was wondering if freshers wer placed da same way as da rest;)
ne numbr would do.....hw was da composition of the batch,i mean no freshers 2 work ex guys.

Great going XIMB!!!
Very nice to see the great diversity in profiles on offer

Congrats

wow, neat placements. Now three little questions.

The guy/girl who got the top offer from JP at 16,
(i) Did he/she take up the offer?
(ii) What profile & which group was this profile for?
(iii) What was his workex profile like?

The answers to these will help us (all) a ton (or maybe a ton and a half).

Thanks and congrats guys! For VITS, maybe I'll see you here at BKC, Mumbai; I'm with il&fs;, the next building :razz:

3 people are joining JPMC @ 16.5 lpa in CRG (I-Banking Research)... all 3 are freshers...

of course, we can meet once I join SEBI...i'm aware that SEBI, IL&FS;, ICICI Bank & Citibank are all in the vicinity... :)

btw, what profile have you got in IL&FS;? (Are you in their transport division?)

Hello, i am Rahul.....got a call.
Was wondering if freshers wer placed da same way as da rest;)
ne numbr would do.....hw was da composition of the batch,i mean no freshers 2 work ex guys.

The above reply would have partially answered your query...46% students in our batch are freshers and they too have got great placements... 😃

Hey congo to XIMB people for the great placements.

One more reason for me to choose XIMB over *&^%$ if I get a call from XIMB.

One question.

-> I have 26 months of experience as Embedded Engineer in eInfochips Ahmedabad including project as Team leader. Right now I am inclined towards marketing (dont know what I'll take after first year). But if I take Finance or marketing, then will my experience be counted or I'll be considered as a fresher?

Regards,

VITS

You are saying that for rural mgmt, the avg package is 6.01lc

but on the XIMB website the following is the placement report:

HIGHLIGHTS
* 100 % Placements
* Total companies on campus: 30
* Highest Salary: Rs. 8.0 Lakhs p.a.
* Average Salary: Rs. 4.46 Lakhs p.a.
* Median Salary: Rs 4.5 Lakhs p.a

whats ur take?
You are saying that for rural mgmt, the avg package is 6.01lc

but on the XIMB website the following is the placement report:

HIGHLIGHTS
* 100 % Placements
* Total companies on campus: 30
* Highest Salary: Rs. 8.0 Lakhs p.a.
* Average Salary: Rs. 4.46 Lakhs p.a.
* Median Salary: Rs 4.5 Lakhs p.a

whats ur take?

Dude you have bumped an old thread - of 2008!!! The thread is about 2008 Placements...ROTFLMAO

Mods please close this thread.

Second time in a week that a newbie has got confused and bumped a very old thread.